Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
A
ATPeace Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I was,looking at property in snaps arround the area seems,I have a few choices

Stay very local and get next to nothing or move a Couple,of villages outside the area and get so much more for my money

Either way got to start de cluttering my things in this current house

Going to get in touch with some estate agents

Me:48 W 41
M:18 T:26
2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
Bomb: 20/7/2015 in house separation
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
A
ATPeace Offline OP
OP Offline
A
One of the things that I have always said was I did this and I did that but I did not do enough of these things

So got to keep working on getting fit working in doing more for me

This weekend I plan to get my accounts much more upto date I have been putting this off of ages so this will be a very big positive

I have made plans for Sunday to spend some time taking my little Lad to climbing

2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
H
H
That's the way Ghost!

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
Not living together 4 Dec 2015
A
ATPeace Offline OP
OP Offline
A
So another night of little sleep

I am spinning wth fear again

I am tying here as I know if I don't I will be sending my W a msg she is working

My marriage is over and it is just a matter if time before my W pulls the trigger on moving and selling up

I realise my daughter who is 17 will choose to live with my W so I will loose both my W and my daughter and somehow I have to come accept this.

My son who is 15 and I are very close but his time is numbered as he too is getting older

I love my family and everything arround me is crumbling I am try's to find positives I strugoe.

I do not want to be on my own this scares me

Fear fear fear

I have made some mistakes and I accept this but it takes two to make a marriage work and it takes two people

I have been a good dad to my children and I have been supportive I may not be the best father and I would not win father of the year award.

I want us all to be a family again together

I have no control
I cannot control this
I do not get to decide
I cannot reason with my W

I cannot bargain with her

I want to talk to her but I have found out this has not worked so here I am

2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
A
ATPeace Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Is there anything like a letter I can write or send to my W as a last resort Letter

She does not want to hear words

My W wnd I chose to get married and we chose to have children we both want to do the best for our children.

I am scared of the long term affects

For 17 years we worked together bringing up the children and she feels I did n do enough I feel I could have done more she feels she has let them down by staying with me a long as she has.

I do not not want to go separate ways

I cannot change the past

I want to work with my W to give the kids the very best future

Actions for my wife not words she needs to see actions

2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
F
F
Sorry ghost, I understand that pain and fear you're going through right now. You know the answers to most those questions already so we can skip it. Read your signature again and push through the urge to contact her. The things you fear won't be as bad as you think, if they happen. But letting those fears control you now will likely just contribute to them happening.

Keep going ghost, keep improving you, keep working on you. Let W live her life while you live yours and let things play out.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
A
ATPeace Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I work days my W works nights my children three of them go to school and the toddler has just started nursery

My W is working way more than she needs to she is away from the house five nights a week

I do the nursery drop off every morning I am arround for my older children at school drop off

My W picks up the toddler she has her during the day I want to do things with me and her during the day but I am working I have to get the balance work and family I inow things are better than they were when I was working all the time.

I have made changed to how I was I have already started to become a better person

My W is not perfect she makes mistakes she is not always a kind to the children as she could have been she is firm mostly fair

I want to show my W what a new marriage would feel like

I still feel that with little effort things could be so much better

Look in the mirror and make the change

Got to change myself

Time to work on me

Ghost

2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
H
H
Actions, not words. The letter won't do anything but make her see you in a feeble light. Somehow, you have to let go of the fear. That's what's stopping you detaching and moving forward.

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
Not living together 4 Dec 2015
S
S
You are not loosing your D17. You don't know for sure she'll choose to live with her mother. Sometimes, girls will fool ya. Even if she does not live in the house with you, YOU HAVE NOT LOST HER! Please stop that negative thought. She is your daughter, and although like most teens, she's focused on her own personal life and future.....she will still see you. She's almost 18, so she'll be moving on to a new life, anyway. She won't stop seeing her family just b/c she makes a life for herself.

Do not fall back into your self defeating thoughts. This is what feeds your fear. You have to help yourself by refusing to give over to these negative thoughts. Do something else to distract yourself. Listen to a self help tape. Read a book. Call a friend. Get out of the house and drive. Come here and post, like you are doing now. Make positive statements of how you are getting stronger and preparing for your new life.

If it will help you, go ahead and write out a long letter to your wife. Do not write it electronically and take a chance of hitting the send button. Write it out, and then tear it up. Some men have said it is therapeutic.

Quote:
For 17 years we worked together bringing up the children and she feels I did n do enough I feel I could have done more she feels she has let them down by staying with me a long as she has.

Stop saying what she says or thinks. It will not change the past.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
A
A
Originally Posted By: Ghost56

I have no control
I cannot control this
I do not get to decide

You are focusing on the wrong stuff here, Ghost.

You have complete and total control over you.
You have complete and total control over the things you do, the things you say, and the way you feel.
You have complete and total control over your relationships with your children.

There are MANY things which you get to decide.

Start focusing on those things.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard