Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Bob, I liked that a lot. I may give it to D12 to turn into art for the new house I am putting an offer on tomorrow. smile

My FIRST resolution on getting through this trying time in my life is to get my exercise groove back. I'm enlisting the kids to help make it happen. I want to start running races again.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive!!!!

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
R
RAI Offline
R
GO MAYBELL GO! GO MAYBELL GO! GO MAYBELL GO!

Rooting for you!

Thanks for starting the thread in the first place!

RAI

P.S. Over-using exclamation marks and loving it!

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
R
RAI Offline
R
I ran another 4 miles last night. a little pain in my foot, but nothing too serious. Felt great. Ran with a buddy. We actually talked about him and his life the whole time - for a change. It was nice not to be focused on myself for a change.

I tried PigPen's 4 minute ab workout last night after my run. first minute, sit ups, no problem this is easy. Second minute, the plank, ugghh, I can do this. third minute, v-twist, I have obliques? I didn't even know I have obliques. I felt pain in muscles I did not know I had. That felt like way more than 60 seconds. Had to stop multiple times. Last minute, more sit ups, not so easy this time.

Thanks again PigPen!!!!

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
P
P
Glad you liked it Rai, I try to do it three or four times a week. Strong abs = a strong life. You can train your abs every day too, its also a great way to burn off stress.

Every rep in the that series gets me closer to some kind of resolution, that's what I tell myself at least!

Keep at it. It won't get easier, but it will become different.

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
U
U
cycling again - think I will load the bike into the truck and go somewhere else - make a half day of it.

I've been trying to get on every other day at least. It is sometimes hard to find the time because I want to be around when the kids need me - maybe I want the kids to need me and I don't want to miss it. But anyway - at least 10 mile a ride - I have to start watching my weight again. I am on the light side and eating is sometimes a burden.

I like this ab workout PP, but what's a v-twist? I'll have to look that one up.

cheers!

Me-45 W-44
S21, S18, D15
T-27, M-21
BD Jan 2014
PA revealed March 2014
In-house separation - April 2015
I filed - Aug 2015
She moved out Oct 2015
P
P
Hi U-turn,

Think of it this way:

The only thing touching the ground are your sit bones. your legs are straight out but of of the ground. Your back is arched so you're in a V position - literally. You touch side to side with either both hands or a weighted object. It's all for rotation.

Enjoy.

PP

Last edited by PigPen; 07/03/15 10:19 PM.

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
R
RAI Offline
R
Long overdue GAL update. I ran 7 miles last weekend. It felt greeat (extra "e" intended). I did an hour on the elliptical last night. 1/2 marathon is about 6 weeks away. I am hoping to do 8 miles this weekend.

I know there were others in our cohort (e.g. Lost18) who were planning to run marathons or 1/2-marathons. Well, marathon season is almost upon us. Anyone with updates?

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
V
V
Maybe my next series should be called the V twist?

No one should be in the V position, not even V!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

R
RAI Offline
R
V has twisted herself out of many a predicament and has come out stronger and better for it. That's a great position to be in.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I've been running with a neighbor VEEEERRRRRY early in the mornings and I'm getting noticeably faster and enjoying more stamina. Signing up for a 4-miler in October with plans to run half a in February and May.

When BD first hit just over two years ago I had just recently taken up running. I was training for my first half and although I was ten pounds lighter than I am now, for about a year it was SO hard to run because I felt like I was carrying a cargo of cannon balls in my chest. Now that time is working its magic and I have a great running partner and a series of small goals, I'm so impressed at how much more my body can do than I ever realized. It's lovely.

I'm glad to see this thread is still active!

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard