Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
S
How odd Sunny - My H also came and got his bike after he moved out. Hadn't used it for years and years.

I can completely relate to your post about being left to manage absolutely everything on your own. Its just so overwhelming sometimes isn't it? I never used to worry about problems with the car or the plumbing or electrics as H sorted everything. If it was a job he couldn't manage himself, he could get someone else to fix it within hours. But since he left I've managed a few DIY jobs myself (with the help of S18).

And don't you think a clutter-free, teenager-free apartment would get a tad boring? I certainly do.

Have a great weekend xx

Me - 44 Husband - 47
D20, S18
BD - Aug 2013
Moved out - Jan 2014
OW discovered Jan 2014
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you Zeus. I did.

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend, too!

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
Z
Z
I've been refreshing these forums every 30 seconds for 71 hours straight waiting for the exciting update, and I get this?

Originally Posted By: SunnyB
I did.

Welcome back. I did as well. smile

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bwahaha! Yes, that's all you get for now. STBX is on his way over with D12 and we are grilling burgers. So...later.

V
V
You are grilling burgers and not STBX?

That's restraint!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Naw, V, STBX grilled the burgers and all is well. Complimented me on the changes I'd made to the house lately. I kept his glass filled with his favorite beverage and had a nice evening. Mr Perfect is going to be a good X.

I'll update tomorrow.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The weekend was lovely, just what I needed. We left Saturday morning, and drove over to the west coast (of FL). One of the ladies used to live in that area and knew fun things to do and places to eat. We went to a dinner theater, a comedy club, a butterfly conservatory, a wildlife refuge, the beach, ate at some really fabulous restaurants. We laughed and shared stories and had a great time. We were supposed to do a Segway tour yesterday, but the weather was bad so we just decided to come home a bit early. That left me time for a nap, as the only downside of the trip was that I didn't sleep well.

Zues, when we were at the wildlife refuge, I kept my eyes open for an alligator, but never saw one. wink

R
R
Sounds like you had a blast. Touring a Segway would t have taken long anyway !!!

Take care. Rd

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Is there any hope that my STBX will ever learn to check school calendars and emails and put things on his own calendar? I used to send him appointments to his calendar for things, I don't do that anymore. But unless I specifically tell him about an event, and often even then, he is clueless. And then he complains he didn't know. I'm mostly just venting here, not really looking for a solution. He's not going to change, I just have to decide whether to try and keep him informed or let him disappoint the girls. We all know what I'm going to choose.

J
J
Hey Sunny,

I can see why thats frustrating, but i'm guessing its never been any different?

I was tempted to type something philosophical about acceptance but instead I'm going to say what does it cost you to keep him informed and its not for his benefit its for the girls.

and for no reason other than I was inspired by your conversation with zues

Q: what do you call an alligator with GPS?
A: A Navi-Gator

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard