Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
D
Rip,
You are in my thoughts tonight. I can only begin to imagine the range of emotions you are feeling right now. It's tough enough just to keep our own heads above water. We have the duty to protect the innocent too. Unfortunately, I'm just not sure the best way to navigate this sensitive issue.

Me:35 W:30
D:4 S:1
Bomb: 01/08/15, discovered EA & PA
In House Separation: 01/14/15
W moves out: 04/05/15
I tell OM's W about A: 04/15/15
W serves D papers: 06/19/15
Mediation: 09/16/15
D final: 12/01/15
W
W
I might also add that my brother and I never told our father that we were being abused, precisely because of the dynamic that GB describes.

M 16 T 17
W moved in w/ AP (OW) 5/14
ILYBNIL 5/14
A discovered 6/14
D papers served via USPS 8/14
Filed my response 9/14
D final 5/15...
R
Ripken8 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Guys, thanks for all the support and advice. While I do agree in general, I'm not sure all the advice fits my situation. Also, as everyone knows, what ever action I take or don't, I am the one who deals with the consequences.

That being said, I have no intention of lying to my sons. The haven't mentioned his name once to me or even said mommy had someone over. That's good enough for now. If they do ask, I won't lie, I'll be honest with them, without going into all the details.

Also I asked ww to hold of on further meetings with om and our sons until the meet with ic beginning of August. I want to see what's going on with them and what ic would recommend. I don't want to have them subjected to anything more that could hurt them.

Now if I take gb recommendation today, not only am I doing just that, but also doing the exact opposite of what I asked my ww to do.

This is about looking at progress. One week ago we ignored each other, avoided each other, had animosity and felt the other was constantly out to get us. Since then, we do communicate. It's still very much a work in progress, but it will prob have to be. The thing is she is trying and even agreed on some things - payments, getting boys in conseling, etc.

If I made a William Wallace charging on the battlefield stance now, she will get defensive and the door to communicate really may never open again. I'm sure you hear this a lot, but this is really who she is. She was already starting to get that way when we spoke yesterday and then she calmed down and apologized- different and a good different.

I am not naive nor will I be. But I also have to evaluate what's best for my situation and right now it's continuing to communicate on decisions with the boys with ww, be an awesome dad for them, talk with the ic and if they bring anything up to be, be honest about it.

Last edited by Ripken8; 07/04/15 02:38 PM.

M-33
W-33
S-11, S-8
M-11, T-14
BD - 12/26, Divorce Filing and admits to affair (her) 4/18
I moved out 5/23
Z
Z
So I hesitate to even say this. I worry a lot about scum bags in this world. Is there s way to have some kind of background check type of scenario for anyone your children's mother decides to have around your children... used in any sort of agreement. You won't and can't tell her who she can see. You can perhaps help open her eyes to possibility of problem people. Idk...just spit balling. / brainstorming.

I have a lifelong friend who recently just started dating a new woman. He has since moved into her house after maybe 6 weeks. Now I love this man as a brother and trust him with my life, but this woman just met him and can't possible have a handle on 'who he really is'. This woman has two teenage girls. I am floored by that situation and I know the man and don't know the family AT ALL.

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
R
Ripken8 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Zephyr, there may be but not sure what good it does. Just because someone has a clean background doesn't mean they're good to have a round my children and just because someone has a mistimed or for weed 5 years ago doesn't mean they're bad.

If I propose or enforce something like that, my ww will fire back harder with something restrictive on me. We are still going through divorce proceedings and one of my goals is to try and have it be the least amount of messy as possible. For my financial future and for my boys.

And even if it was put in, I'd assume if she really wanted om or whomever around, it'd be hard to stop her, she does what she wants. To my knowledge while om is a horrible person, I'm not sure he's a criminal threat.

M-33
W-33
S-11, S-8
M-11, T-14
I moved out 5/23
D
D
Rip,
Any GAL plans for tonight? Ever get caught up on True Detective?

Me:35 W:30
D:4 S:1
Bomb: 01/08/15, discovered EA & PA
In House Separation: 01/14/15
W moves out: 04/05/15
I tell OM's W about A: 04/15/15
W serves D papers: 06/19/15
Mediation: 09/16/15
D final: 12/01/15
R
Ripken8 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
De facto - I have the boys this weekend and after seeing ww Friday the weekend has flown by and been a blast. Boys and I hung out with friends and went swimming Friday. Yesterday we watch the hot dog eating contest at bww. Then went to a bbq, birthday party with tons of friends and yard games. Today we went to see the new terminator movie and tonite were about to head out to watch the World Cup.

Tomorrow will be my true detective day. I need to start planning some more gal activities for the weekend though. 2 of the next 3 weekends I have no plans and very unsure what to do. It makes me kind of anxious. Having plans and things to look forward to has helped. When I don't have something that's when the loneliness sets in.

M-33
W-33
S-11, S-8
M-11, T-14
I moved out 5/23
R
RAI Offline
R
POSOM?

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
M
M
Piece of chit other man?

At BD - Me: 33 Her: 33; M: 10 T: 15; D: 6 and 3

BD: 3/25/15
S: 4/20/15
D: 11/9/15
W
W
Georgia Bulldogs,

Thank you for that information. I have been struggling with telling to the truth to my 7 year old daughter. I hate to tell her that her mother is having an affair and has chosen another man over daddy. I will have to think of a very sensitive way to break the news without demeaning their mother. Your post helps me to see the reasons why it may be important to let her know what is going on. The short term may be hard but in the long run it may be better. I am going to talk to my therapist about this as well.

Me: 30's W: 30's M: 12yrs
EA: Started 3/2015
MC Started: 4/2015
She moved out and served 6/2015
PA: Confirmed 10/5/2015
2 young kids

"If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything."
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard