Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
K
It takes alot to put yourself out there as you know. People are just getting okay with talking to someone and then whoa! They want to meet?? I don't even know what I think about them yet.

For me, you would be coming on too strong. This is coming from a girl that won't kiss on the first date. I do take things slower than most, I am not going out with someone unless I feel something. Online talking puts a whole other twist on it.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
It certainly does take a lot to put yourself out there and be constantly judged! Do I know that lol. I usually make a very light suggestion after we've been in contact for awhile, something like "Hey, I've gotta go now but we can chat some more another day and if things seem ok maybe grab a coffee some time" I introduce the idea I don't hard sell anybody. My experience is that the "chatters" tend to be just that because often the women who are interested will move you along themselves and suggest we start texting, calling etc. So it's a fine line that is hard to read sometimes. Honestly though, if someone is reluctant to meet people then a dating site is really not the place they should be or they should say "could we chat a little more first and go from there". Men like direction lol.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
I like OK Cupid cuz you have all sorts of questions you can answer and you can see what a lady's answers are and compare.
Here are some of the 266 questions I have answered so far.

Q: Would you ever record a video of yourself having sex?
A: No, I'd PVR it and watch it later

Q: Would ever have group (3 or more) sex?
a: No, I'm not good at multi-tasking

Q: Do you believe tht there exists a statistical correlation between race and intelligence?
A: No, but I believe there exists a statistical correlation between stupidity and the asking of such a question.

Q: If you partner made a lot of noise while enjoying sex, would that be a turn on or turn off for you?
A: It depends. If she's calling out Johnny Depp's name that might bother me.

Q:Do you believe in Karma?
A: Is that a sandwich spread?

Q:Is interracial marriage a bad idea?
A:No, but it's a bad idea to think it's a bad idea.

Q: Do you have a desire to take part in sexual activities involving bondage?
A: No, I'm not even good at keeping my shoe laces tied up

Q: Have you ever had sex with a person within the first hour of meeting them?
A: I don't carry a stop watch

Q: Are you attracted to dangerous situations?
A: No, unless you include online dating sites

Q: Are you confident in bed?
A: Yes, I can handle myself...oops, bad answer!

Q: Do you regularly go out partying on weeknights?
A: Only if you consider Bible study and prayer group to be partying...but we do have fun!

Q:Would you like to shave your partners pubic hair?
A: No, I'm not a certified pubic hair stylist

Q: Are you willing to try new things in bed?
A: Like eating a new flavour of Doritos together?

Q: If you were to get married would you want your partner to change his or her last name to yours?
A: No, I'd like her to change it to marriedtothecoolestguyonearth...but only if she wants to.

How can I miss!

W
OP Offline
W
Well, lady number 3 got back to me. I'd messaged her yesterday because after my coffee suggestion she disappeared for a few days. I wrote "Hi XXX, did you elope with someone lol. I enjoyed our chat and hope we can continue it soon" She messaged me tonight "No Whatis, I didn't elope lol. I've been busy. So let's continue our chat" I established that we both had time and she then asked "What are you doing? Tell me about your job" So I wrote a brief bit about what I do...and she disappeared! I sat there waiting for a reply which never came. Finally, I just messaged "Ok, I guess you're busy again. I'm gonna do my Sabbath School homework now. I was naughty and didn't finish it yet lol. Hopefully, we can catch each other later" She was still online when I signed out. Not impressed.

W
OP Offline
W
...and yesterday I got a FB message from AM...and then I unfriended her...what a wacko! If she shows up at church tomorrow I'll just smile and wave. It's been a fun week.

C
C
I love your Ellen G White quote smile I've missed quite a bit, are you a SDA now?
Ahhh, online dating... I scared this guy off kinda on purpose, I think I freaked out by the thought of an actual human man, lol.
After that no luck on Christian Singles... too much on my hands now and no time to look.

Best of luck to you dear Wii, and if the ladies run then they are not worth it.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Cat, and yes I've been SDA for over a year now. I was introduced to the faith through my last relationship, she was SDA. I fell in love with the faith. Today I went to Sabbath School in the morning, followed by our church service, we then sang at a nursing home in the afternoon and then I went to an SDA friends place for dinner and games. Nice day...and AM didn't show up today thankfully. And as for Lady number three, I messaged her last night "not impressed. I wish you all the best in your search" Hey, you ask me to "chat" and then bugger off within minutes with no explanation...you're done in my books.

W
OP Offline
W
Lady number 3 messages me today, despite my last message "Hello there, we were out for the last 2 consecutive days. You have a good job! I'm planning to study to be a counsellor too."(in her profile she said she was going to study to get her MBA.) I responded "Good luck with it. Bye" Game time is over. My plate is now empty...and I think I'll leave it that way for a while.

W
OP Offline
W
Lady number 3 did not get it. She messages me tonight "Hi there, how's your long weekend?" She either did not get understand my last message or she's ignoring it. So I felt I needed to be absolutely clear with her and replied "Hi XXX, thanks for your message but I don't believe that we are a match. All the best to you" and she replies "Oh! Why? We could still be friends" Nooooooo. My gut is saying don't go there. I've done the right thing and made very clear I'm not interested so I'm leaving it at that. I don't owe her an explanation.

W
OP Offline
W
My latest answers to personality trait questions on OK Cupid...I love these more than the women lol.

Q: Would you ever have sex in a graveyard?
A: No, it would be too rigor-ous

Q: Would you consider performing anilingus on a partner who asked you to?
A: I do not partake in any activity which I can't pronounce

Q: Do you believe in God
A: Yes, and God believes in me

Q: Are you an Atheist
A: No, I don't believe in atheists

Q: Is sex in a public place hotter than indoor sex
A: No but it's stupider

Q: When having sex do you like to have your hair pulled?
A: No, I can't afford to lose anymore hair

Q: Can you drive a stick shift?
A: only my own

Q: Would you ever date someone twice your age?
A: No, 'cuz if she were twice my age she'd be dead

Q: Do you ever date to avoid being alone?
A: No, I have a turtle at home.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard