Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
H
Shanti,

I applaud your honesty.

You should be setting goals that you see as obtainable. If you set goals that you don't honestly believe in...well...they aren't really goals are they?

I definitely recommend you read the DB & DR books. I also recommend you speak to a DB counselor. You don't have to commit to sessions but it might help you in move toward a course of action.

The family vacation sounds nice. Can you set one goal for the vacation?

Last edited by Hope414; 04/03/15 06:53 PM.

M: 62
H: 67
Bomb dropped: October 2012
R: 4-2014

I've never regretted saying "I'm sorry"
S
Shanti Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have read DB and DR. I'm not sure I have the money for a session with a coach...

And I'm having trouble thinking of a goal for vacation...my plan was simply to relax. And I need to be able to let myself do that, I have a hard time with doing what I want without worrying about other people. I don't mean that I want to do something major, I don't even know how to explain it. I think I'm just full of resentments that I need to let go, roll with the punches more. I don't know.

Thanks for the suggestions!

~Shanti

T
T
So... What did you do on your GAL committment this weekend?

S
Shanti Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Unfortunately, I ran out of time. I was forgetting about Easter, so I had lots to do for that and preparing for vacation...I was going to play it by ear and when the opportunity arose, to take a couple of hours to myself. There was no time. Fail.

~Shanti

S
Shanti Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just an update.

Vacation was nice. A lot of together time, which usually doesn't end well, but this time was okay. I was able to relax and that was my goal.

I think the difference is that I am beginning to be able to assert myself and do things I want without feeling bad about it. H still has the tendency to hover and not want me out of his sight for too long, which drives me crazy, but I'm trying to not stress about it and realize it's his issue (it annoys me though, just trying not to let it stress me).

Life is busy right now, but will try to figure a GAL goal for this weekend.

~Shanti

T
T
Join a gym?

S
Shanti Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I belong to one, and use it regularly while kids are doing their activities...

I'm fairly busy, so I think I need some quiet time to myself where I can go slow and breathe, and be with just me. The problem is I like my home, my yard, but can't seem to be alone there. Need to find something similar somewhere else, I guess.

Thank you for continuing to listen. smile

~Shanti

T
T
Tell your husband to leave the house and don't come back for 5 hours.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard