Best wishes, Jefe.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
S
S
Wow, Jefe, I haven't visited your thread in a while, and I'm so happy to see what's happened. That's great! I'm so happy for you.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks everyone! I'll pull out the old LL book and get to work. We talked about counseling some last night (I'm already going).

Things still going well.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
S
S
Sounding good Jefe. I'm so pleased for you guys. Remember to EXPECT some ups and downs, and you probably won't be disappointed!

Good that you're thinking about counselling too. I think it's really important to try and work through some of the stuff and get a really solid foundation for you both to move forwards.

Have a good weekend!

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
H
H
Hi Jefe,

Please don't take my silence as anything negative. I am so happy for you! You are a success story and a great example for others.

But, I echo Mr. Bond about counseling. I beseech you to please set this up immediately.

You need to begin this "new" marriage correctly and strengthen your bond as a married couple.

M: 62
H: 67
Bomb dropped: October 2012
R: 4-2014

I've never regretted saying "I'm sorry"
T
T
Jefe -

I can't say enough how important counseling is at this stage. I also would recommend both of you seeing a MC individually once before this way you can both be open and honest prior to MC sessions.

It helped my H and I a TON bc our MC was someone that was a neutral 3rd party.

Best of luck

M 31 H 34
S 6 S 9
BD 2/14 Piecing 8/14
J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
That's a great idea, TO.

Thank you Hope. We are working that direction. The church is going to benevolence several sessions we are just working out the time factor. I told my wife about you and what you have done for us, Hope. She was very appreciative. I am too.

Blogging:
My wife has gone out of her way to "fix" everything. She even mentioned this morning that she was trying to repair all the damage she caused as fast and as pain free as she knew how. Last night before we went to bed she said "We need to go to the bank first thing so we can get you back on the accounts and get an ATM card, etc." Once again, all done without my asking, hinting, or any input from me. She has not expressed any confusion or second thoughts about coming home. We have thoroughly enjoyed each other's company the last several days.

She is so excited and ready to come back to church. The pastors and our Life Group (Sunday school class) have welcomed her with open arms. She requested and got every Sunday off from work starting a week from tomorrow, so she can't wait. We had bible study/dinner last night but she could not get off work in time.

That's about all I have for now.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
M
M
What about counseling?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
S
S
"she was trying to repair all the damage she caused as fast and as pain free as she knew how"

I think probably repairing the damage is actually going to be somewhat slow, pretty painful and two steps forward and one step back.

Have you and your W talked about what it is going to take? Are you guys going to take up the option of counselling support?

Glad to hear things are going well, but please remember there is a lot of damage to work through and move beyond as a team....

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We are both up for it, yes. Just working out the logistics of it all.

So far so good. We keep talking deep and often and things are really okay at the moment. (Really okay...that sounds sort of like "extra medium". I wish we had put this much effort into it when we first got married. We probably wouldn't have found ourselves here now.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard