Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
V
V
Just a quick few words on love.

Love is not a feeling or an emotion, love is the core of who we are. In my book each person is love and love is an action, a gift from the universe to each of us which we in turn channel to others. By the very fact we are human we are love, we don't need to find it. We are love wrapped in a human frame.

To find love to me is a misnomer, love is there. If we give we receive. A friend of mine has a grandmother who just got remarried at 78, said there was no point in waiting around. That gal is full of love and life.

If you want a traveler in life, then giving love will find one. I am so sure of it, but need is the antithesis of love, because love is about giving. There is plenty to spare.

Ralliced, whatever you do will be right as you are truly moving to peace in your life.

Vanilla

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

J
J
Raliced

i've not really got anything to add thats helpful but just wanted to say i take a lot of comfort from how well you seem to be doing

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
L
L
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
Just a quick few words on love.

Love is not a feeling or an emotion, love is the core of who we are. In my book each person is love and love is an action, a gift from the universe to each of us which we in turn channel to others. By the very fact we are human we are love, we don't need to find it. We are love wrapped in a human frame.

To find love to me is a misnomer, love is there. If we give we receive. A friend of mine has a grandmother who just got remarried at 78, said there was no point in waiting around. That gal is full of love and life.

If you want a traveler in life, then giving love will find one. I am so sure of it, but need is the antithesis of love, because love is about giving. There is plenty to spare.

Ralliced, whatever you do will be right as you are truly moving to peace in your life.

Vanilla

Beautiful! (I also lean to the woo-woo side but I'm happy so argue with that. smile )

I've found when I acknowledge reality, let go of my ego and act from love, things get so much easier.

Thanks for posting.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
raliced Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Getting ready to take my kids sledding tomorrow (we don't live too far from Lake Tahoe). Lots of trying on snow gear to see what fits and what needs to be replaced. Stop growing like a weed D6!

This is a little out of my wheelhouse. I skiied in my youth, but never did too much snow play - this was more STBX's thing (he grew up in upstate New York).It will be an adventure navigating up the hill with my little car full of kids (taking niece and nephew too)- but I want to do something that's just plain fun with them.

STBX will have them from Monday morning through noon on Christmas Eve. Will focus on getting the house ready for the big family Christmas Eve shindig (Prime Rib! Christmas Crackers! Awkward karaoke!) at my house to keep from missing them.

So - one little question for everyone. STBX does not have a landline phone at his house and he doesn't get cell reception. The only way to reach him is via text (and I can't call the kids while in his care). I just want a temperature check here - totally reasonable of me to ask him to get a phone, right?

Hope everyone has a wonderful GAL weekedend.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
B
B
I don't think it is unreasonable at all to ask him to get a land line. If he balks at the idea, offer to pay for it.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
bdub #2519084 12/20/14 04:17 PM
A
A
Yes! You should have a way to be in touch with your kids. That could be put in the final decree if you D.

M: 43 H: 39
D: 14
Married 15 Together 16
BD: 6/2014
S: 8/2014
OW revealed 10/2014
Instigated dissolution 12/2014, in progress
So over it!
L
L
Originally Posted By: raliced
Getting ready to take my kids sledding tomorrow (we don't live too far from Lake Tahoe). Lots of trying on snow gear to see what fits and what needs to be replaced. Stop growing like a weed D6!

This is a little out of my wheelhouse. I skiied in my youth, but never did too much snow play - this was more STBX's thing (he grew up in upstate New York).It will be an adventure navigating up the hill with my little car full of kids (taking niece and nephew too)- but I want to do something that's just plain fun with them.

STBX will have them from Monday morning through noon on Christmas Eve. Will focus on getting the house ready for the big family Christmas Eve shindig (Prime Rib! Christmas Crackers! Awkward karaoke!) at my house to keep from missing them.

So - one little question for everyone. STBX does not have a landline phone at his house and he doesn't get cell reception. The only way to reach him is via text (and I can't call the kids while in his care). I just want a temperature check here - totally reasonable of me to ask him to get a phone, right?

Hope everyone has a wonderful GAL weekedend.

Lived in Reno-love Tahoe! Will get back there someday. Pack lots of dry socks!

Living where you live also makes logging your land a safety issue.

Totally reasonable to ask for the landline.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
raliced Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Had a text exchange with my SIL last night regarding Christmas packages we had sent to each other.

STBX and his sister are not close, which I don't understand. I never really paid all that much attention to it because we don't live close to them. I was the one that always kept track of and sent something for birthdays, acknowledged the birth of her kids, etc. She's always seemed perfectly nice to me and seems to have affection for STBX.

Anyway - one of the little "sad things" that bothered me after BD was that I had looked forward to building on that relationship and also building one with her two kids who are fairly close in age to my daughters. I love being an aunt. The more nieces and nephews the better!

Who knows what the future will bring - but at the moment I am the only one maintaining contact with his family and frankly that relationship can be what I make of it. So I'm going to pay some extra effort this year to making those ties stronger.

An early New Year's resolution!

Divorce Final 2/16
S
S
Originally Posted By: raliced

Who knows what the future will bring - but at the moment I am the only one maintaining contact with his family and frankly that relationship can be what I make of it. So I'm going to pay some extra effort this year to making those ties stronger.

That's smart, raliced. The in-laws are still your Ds' family. And the more family at your back, the better.

I have a barely-there relationship with my own sister, we get along fine, but are not close. At my IC's prodding, I made an attempt recently to contact her more, but am getting close to zero response. On the other hand, I have always been close to H's sister, but we've gotten closer in the past 8 months. She's a jewel. And my kids love her. I'm keeping her close, no matter what happens.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
R
raliced Offline OP
OP Offline
R
STBX came over to pick up girls this morning. These exchanges are getting a little easier, but only because they are becoming routine. I know I'm supposed to be a friendly neighbor, but he is so visibly uncomfortable, that I download a few "need to knows" and then head out the door. Very unusual for them to last over 2 minutes. I've wondered if this will ever get better, and I guess its at least partially in my ballcourt to make it so, but nothing I do (offering coffee, introducing other topics) seems to have any effect.

I read so much on here about how everyone is handling Christmas, and we never had any of those discussions, other than his saying that since I have extended family here, the girls should always do Christmas with me. The idea of him being there in the morning never came up. All the presents under my tree are labeled from me (and I presume the ones under his tree are from him). No discussion about what to get them. I got presents for his family- because I've always gotten presents for his family.I did help the girls make Christmas ornaments with their handprints on them so that they would have something to give him.

In addition to the cowboy boots he purchased post BD, he showed up today in a new western style jacket and shirt. The first IC I had said it sounded like he was trying on a new persona. Am waiting for the 10 gallon hat to make an appearance.

Divorce Final 2/16
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard