Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hey ganb8te and all you other friends, I've been doing the GAL thing and keeping a PMA. Sorry for not being around and only dropping in sporadically for a fair few weeks now. I think I'll be on here over Xmas a bit more because my 'chatterbox', or the devil on my shoulder is shouting loud right now.

Feeling pretty angry towards WAW, who has gone to the pictures thus evening with work colleagues. Remember, it was 'innapropriate' to go with me. So that's one thing. And then there's the split Xmas.

I know it's my choice and I don't want to feel this way but I can't shake it off at the moment. Even after watching Shawn Achor's TED talk again.

Gonna have to try real hard this weekend not to backslide. I'll come back tomorrow. It's late in the UK, so goodnight.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
M
M
Have you watched the Brene Brown TED talk? That one really mattered to me.

I'm sorry you're struggling but I'm impressed with how nicely you've done on your GALing. Wish I could hang out for a weekend in London. smile

Want to make a virtual date to see a movie this weekend? You can go see one in Merrie England and I'll see the same one over here and we can compare notes. wink

You rock, Not-so Old Dog. Don't sweat her chit. She should have more imagination.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
G
gan Offline
G
I love the idea of a virtual movie date! Can I come along or would I be a third wheel?

Sorry to hear things are still rough, Old Dog. You are not alone. The stories round here are getting crazy on a lot of threads, I think because of Christmas/New Year coming up. The good news is, once we get through the next week or so, 2015 is a blank canvas, ya know?

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Yes I think it's all to do with Xmas & new year. Part of it is also anger towards myself for feeling this way, or letting myself feel this way and not being able to brush it off. Whoa inward spiral thing.

The Brene Brown talk is on my list. I've downloaded the TED app, so ill save that one too.

I don't want to see a movie this weekend as it'll take me away from the kids who I love being with and help me through this mire. But I love the virtual movie date idea and of course all my friends are welcome to come. The more the merrier. As its virtual we can go anytime. Which movie? Have you got Turner over there?

I did take the opportunity to finish Breaking Bad last night though and I'm really glad I finally did it.

Theres a whole pile of presents in our bedroom which WAW has wrapped up, mainly for her family members who they're going to see without me. I noticed the tags all say they're from from her, me and the kids. I've half a mind to get the tippex/snowpake/whitener out and remove my name. There you go, how's that for passive aggressive behaviour creeping in. Man I can do without those thoughts.

Blank canvas. Looking forward to splashing some vivid colours on mine. No more Rothco, maybe Kandinsky or Dufy or even Warhol/Lichtenstein.

Love you all. xx

EA Aug 2014 I think
G
gan Offline
G
Old Dog! You gotta work on your PMA, dude. I think your W writing your name on the cards is a GOOD thing. Contrast that with my day - I was in tears writing cards with only my name on it. There are more vivid colors on your 2014 canvas than you realize!

There's a great POP exhibition on in Sydney at the moment - all the mainstream Warhol/Lichtenstein's are there. Actually I've always liked screen printing. Maybe I should take that into the new year as a GAL activity… I reckon you could pull off a mean Dufy.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I know, I know, but I'm so down at the moment. Just had a soak in the bath for an hour and a half fantasising about chopping everything we own in half with a chain saw, taking my half away and disappearing for ever. Also taking my half of the money, when we sell the house, and giving it away to people in the street or throwing it off a tall building. I just couldn't stop. Ended up topping up the bath with tears. Dark dark dark dammit.

I'll get through this somehow, but ... well, you know.

Last edited by Old Dog; 12/20/14 10:45 AM.

EA Aug 2014 I think
M
M
Epsom salts and sage oil in the bath is cleansing of negative energy.

When you ask about Turner do you mean Turner Movie Classics? Actually the idea of an old classic sounds like a fun way to spend the evening. With a nice old vine zin or maybe some kind of whiskey drink. Or I could open my last bottle of port...

I have the kids this weekend too and I'm so excited to prepare for Christmas with them. But next weekend H has them so I plan to go see The Hobbit. Hope your day is brighter, NS-OD!!!!!

Who's with me??

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
G
gan Offline
G
Aw, Dog, I'm sorry to hear this. It's totally fine to wallow every now and then, we all need to.

So what's triggered this then? I've just been reading back over the end of your last thread and I'm not really seeing anything in particular. Are you just riding the low bit on the roller coaster or is there something more going on?

I forget, are you seeing an IC?
(it's bedtime in Australia so I'll check in again tomorrow)

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard