Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Came by to see what was happening in this universe, and saw Julia ask after me a couple of months ago!

Yes, married life is agreeing with me. It's been more than a year and a half, and we are still getting along very well! Sometimes I think we must be doing it wrong, because we just don't do stress at all. And that's through repainting most of the house (still working on that, but getting close), having her daughter live with us for 6 months (very nice young woman, no problems at all), and just being married.

W is having a little (I hope) health scare right now, gets some test results back next Monday. Hopefully good news, though I tell her we will get through it in any case!

I miss all of the gang, but I am glad I don't have to be here all the time to get through the day anymore!

Now to find an old thrad, and see if I can link them up!

(((((HUGS)))))

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
D
OP Offline
D
Let's try this:
The 57th one...

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
K
K
Jeff, they deleted a bunch of them. So glad to hear that married life is treating you well. You so deserve it.

How are your boys? How old are they now? Is is just crazy how fast time flies, don't be such a stranger. I've missed hearing about life in Arizona. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
D
OP Offline
D
The boys are doing well. S26 has completed his Marine Reserve commitment, is working, and has been with his girlfriend for several years. S25 is currently in school learning to be a commercial diver, which he is really very excited about, finally something that excites him! S19 is in his Sophomore year in college, and seems to be doing well. He is into the student life, goes to most of the home football and basketball games, and a few of the other sports now and then. S16 is on track to graduate from high school a year early, which is sneaking up rapidly! He still wants to be a surgeon, he's been set on that for years!

I was looking back through my threads.... you know it would be a book? Probably multiple volumes!

I found this, from March, 2008:

I'd like a W with a sense of humor, where every single thing didn't have to be serious.

I'd like to hug, and hold hands, and kiss. Not 24/7, ok, maybe for a while 24/7. But not have to worry about a hug being rejected, on a cheek turned into a kiss.

I'd like good enough to be good enough sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes.

I'd like sex to be something other than hurry up, I want to go to sleep. Don't know what that would be like. Actually any sex would be a start!

I'd like to be respected, and be able to respect my W.

I'd like to be able to talk bout something, have different opinions, and be able to hug, and go on.

It's a pretty good description of my new marriage!

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
B
B
It's nice to see you post on the boards after being away for so long. So glad that things are going so well for you and that you found someone who provides everything that you want in a spouse!! If nothing else, a past bad marriage really helps you appreciate something good when it comes along. That's my situation as well!

Best,
BA

J
JCJ Offline
J
Jeff! It is fantastic to hear your catch up. I am so happy that marriage is everything you dreamed it would be. I really, really could not be happier for you.

Drink for old times sake??

You were such an amazing support to me when I was on here when all the stuff was happening, the support here was incredible.

You really deserve all the happiness smile

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
D
OP Offline
D
Well, it's only been two years, so I will check in again!

I don't know if there is anyone left from the old days, but if there is, they might be interested.

In April I went in for a colonoscopy (don't put your's off!), and they found a tumor. So, I've had about six weeks of radiation, a couple of months of recovery, a Lower Anterior Resection with a temporary ileostomy, and now near the end of the first of 12 two week cycles of chemo!

So other than that, everything is going great!

Actually, it is! My wife is an amazing partner through all of this, and the doctors are optimistic that I will be "cured" at the end of this, if one is ever cured from cancer.

I wish the best to all of my old friends, and to everyone here that I have never met. I hope you all get as much support here as I did! There is a link up in the second post that leads back to all of my story, if one is really, really bored, and can click all the way back to the beginning.

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard