Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Kat, I did try with guy number 2 to say, look I just can't text during the day because of my job. He said, well can you text in the evening and I said well, yes. It was constant again. Back and forth, I really didn't have anything to say, what can you say over text?! Then he called me a bad texter, when I was really making an effort. Rude!

Wet, I also just cancelled my date with the latest incessant texter (by text!!). Another guy not even made it to the first date. It was mainly also his spelling and grammar. I cannot help but judge when someone writes 'Anythink' instead of 'anything'!! He would have had to have consciously written that as there is no way you can blame that on predictive text wink

I am a bad, judgemental person!

Oh well, onward on the dating game. I think maybe it isn't gender specific, maybe it is just how it is done. It is nice to know someone is thinking about me but like gabbysmom says, it is too much!

Whatis, you made me laugh. Texting is so prevalent in dating you have even had to learn to text to date?! What is the world coming to!!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
W
W
I still don't Twitter though...whatever that is lol!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Well my 2 cents is that if someone is constantly texting you and wanting a reply back immediately - that translates to me as being "needy, clingy and high maintenance" and I don't think you want that in your life! Good that you see it before you even get invested in the relationship. Just move on to the next one. I found that online dating required the patience of a saint at times but the payoff is there if you are persistent - at least it was for me!

BA

L
L
BA is absolutely right. Especially if you're doing online dating, about one out of every ten guys that sent me a message was insane in some form or another. Patience is key!

Me: 27 H: 26
T:4 M: 2
B: 6/2013
Divorce Filed: 2/4/2014 (Our anniversary)
D: 8-4-14
W
W
Only one in ten? That's pretty good! When BA and you say "patience" in what way do you mean that?

B
B
Originally Posted By: whatisis
Only one in ten? That's pretty good! When BA and you say "patience" in what way do you mean that?

What I mean by "patience" is don't give up on the process just because you encounter a few freaks. I had several starts and stops along the way - some didn't work for me and some didn't work for the other person. Some were simply frightening - but in the end I found gold at the end of the rainbow. I'm glad I hung in there - because I certainly wasn't having any luck meeting anyone outside of the online dating circle.

BA

W
W
I think the nice thing about online dating is that the people there are openly looking to meet someone so there's no misunderstandings in that regard. Whereas other places you just don't know whether someone is interested in that or not...and you don't want to go there in case it all goes bad.
Hey BA, didn't you meet the lady who got plastered at your initial meet? She was fun!

B
B
Lol Wii - Yes that was the infamous date with "Valerie" who after slamming back 4 or 5 drinks wanted to drive me to her house - which I tactfully declined! She was a definite one and done dating adventure. :-)

BA

W
W
I think the Valerie's are tolerable, it's so evident they aren't the one! But, what I found is that there's a lot of ambivalence out there. It's easy to throw up a profile, wait for messages to pour in, message with people, maybe talk on the phone but when it comes to meeting and then deciding whether to move on to dating...women (and probably men too) can get kind of wacko. Again, I think at my age at least, if you're on a dating site you've been through some pain and despite what people might say, leaving that behind and making yourself vulnerable, even a little bit, is scary. I think the key is not to personalize what people do to you...I still haven't mastered that one!

LOL, texting is a blessing and a curse, all wrapped up in one. It's a blessing with my D20. But a curse for the others who want to have a complete conversation without chatting. I totally hate that.

Long ago, I told my good friends if they wanted more than an answer to a question, they better call. I need glasses to text, and I just hate fumbling around when speaking resolves all the issues.

Ok, so I'm totally laughing that you ended things with a text to a text-a-holic. That seems totally fitting! But I'm also in your camp that it's no substitute for real communication. I won't have a texting R.

Or an alcoholic one either. BTDT. Got the T-shirt too!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard