Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
W
OP Offline
W
After perusing online dating profiles the past few weeks I have come up with 10 online dating tips for the ladies...and it was a slow lunch hour.

Tips to ladies for online dating

1. Do not post photos of you and your daughter if she is hotter than you are. It's asking for some really weird messaging... which I'd probably love to get a peak at!

2. Guys just don't care what your dog looks like...it's your puppies they care about!

3. "Food" is not an interest, it's a necessity of life. It's just like taking a crap and you don't list that one, right?

4. "Ask me" is not a profile essay. It's like bad gas that has somehow found it's way onto your profile page.

5. You are not "simple", you are complicated...and by saying you are simple you are making things far more complicated.

6. "We'll see" is code for "maybe in the next life"...don't use it.

7. Filling your profile with warnings to men that u aren't into casual sex, head games etc is like saying "take me, I'm vulnerable".

8. "I don't know what to write" is writing something.

9. Learn to make yourself laugh, it's not my job!

10. Writing "Massage me" says "I need spell check in a bad way"!

So, let's do coffee.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Today is my 25 year anniversary in my workplace. I sure hope that celebratory muffin I was promised shows up soon, I'm hungry.

B
B
Wow - you must almost be done with the orientation process! grin

Seriously though - congratulations Wii - it's a rare event these days for someone to stay with the same organization for a long period of time! Well done! Hope the muffin was tasty! wink

BA

M
M
Was it blueberry? It's only worth if it's blueberry! With a struessel top!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
OP Offline
W
I dropped over to Voldy's last night to give her a cheque. When I left I said "Hey, today was my 25 year anniversary at work!" This was her reply "Well, at least you've got a job with very little stress..." and proceeded to carry on about all the stress she deals with at work every day blah blah blah. The world just continues to revolve around Voldy. Hey, at least I got a muffin at work lol.

B
B
Originally Posted By: whatisis
I dropped over to Voldy's last night to give her a cheque. When I left I said "Hey, today was my 25 year anniversary at work!" This was her reply "Well, at least you've got a job with very little stress..." and proceeded to carry on about all the stress she deals with at work every day blah blah blah. The world just continues to revolve around Voldy. Hey, at least I got a muffin at work lol.

That is exactly the same response I would have gotten from my ex-wife as well. In fact as I was reading it I could vividly hear her voice saying those words in my head.

Wii - don't let anyone spoil your parade - or your muffin! :-)

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Thx BA. I had my yearly eval today and scored 3.5 out of 4 in all areas. Life is good. Tonight I'm having dinner with an ex co-worker who is in from Vancouver for a bit. Apparently, she's staying with her parents who live right across the street from me. Tomorrow is Sabbath and I'll go to church and then to a bbq at the Pastor's house in the afternoon. Life goes on.

W
OP Offline
W
Btw, the "We'll see, Whatis" Lady that I was messaging with has deleted her profile from the dating site...shock of all shocks lol. The good thing here is that I paid attention to my gut which told me this person is not going to follow through so I just left it in her hands...and I was right. But what this brief dip into the singles pool reinforced for me is that you can never understand why people do what they do. This was a person who wrote about "honesty" and being "upfront" and "not leaving people with false hope"...and then does exactly that to me. Go figure! Anyway, I'm still not sure about dipping into this cesspool of broken souls again. This has reminded me of some of the wacko stuff people did to me last time and I'm not sure I want to deal with it again. We'll see. Maybe I need to find me a nice Adventist girl lol.

W
OP Offline
W
Well, I showed up at 7 pm tonight and my friend showed up at 8 pm. She forgot we'd changed the time. So, she has asked to re-schedule and she'll pay for dinner. I told her what times I had next week and asked her to let me know so that I would know when to stand her up lol. While waiting for her I ran into one of our Mayoral candidates who was going to the restaurant next door. We had a nice chat...and he's the one I'm voting for anyway, so it was pleasant. I also met Neil, a drunken ex-heroin addict...I'm not voting for him.

W
OP Offline
W
I'm a little down tonight, which is odd considering I made a pretty strong connection with a lady last night. But, that may be why. Yesterday it felt so nice to be with a lady and to talk for hours and laugh and share about our lives...and today, I'm back to being with me. I feel alone tonight... just me and my camera. Anyway, this lady is from church and for months she's been acting like a deer in headlights around me. I couldn't decide whether she just couldn't give a crap about me or whether she liked and was just kind of shy. Yesterday we were in a group before choir practice (she sings in the choir with me) and the others just left and we were standing there staring at each other. I said "you look scared" and she took a deep breath and said "do you play any musical instruments?" We both started laughing and talked for about 20 minutes. That evening I decided to go to the Pastor's for his dinner and campfire meeting. He lives outside the city, which takes me half an hour to get to but for the others in the church it takes one hour. When I arrived she had just arrived too...I didn't know she was coming and she doesn't have a car. Apparently my 82 year old friend Agnes had driven her. We spent two hours together until she had to leave my side and go lead the sing song and play guitar. We had this interesting bit of diologue over dinner.
Her: Whatis, do you have any vices?
Me: Vices?
Her: Yeah, is there anything you do that you're not supposed to do?
Me: Not really. I don't drink or smoke but I do drink too much caffeine.
Her: Well, you have one more now.
Me: What would that be?
Her: You spend your whole evening talking to one lady.
Me: That's a vice?
Her: Could be (as she giggles)
Me: I don't see you running away.

Anyway, I also discovered that she's twenty years younger than me...that I didn't know either! She also worked in Hong Kong and therefore we both had a great time throwing Cantonese words and phrases back and forth and laughing...and neither of us is Chinese. Others just stared as she told them how good my Cantonese was...yeah right lol!
It was such a lovely evening and I really like her, she's sweet, pretty, funny, outgoing, and she's a conqueror...she looks at her fears and takes them on. That's a kick ass lady who doesn't need any man to take care of her...and she's a life long Adventist.
Anyway, I don't know where this goes...maybe nowhere but it was such a fun night. This is a small church and I sure don't wanna crap where I live!

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard