Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
C
Originally Posted By: Harold
Originally Posted By: Cadet
Just answered this question and thought I would also post the answer here so I could find the answer again if someone needs it.
Originally Posted By: NASCARDaddy
I do have one question that is related to board operations and not to my situation.

Is there any way that I can set it up to receive e-mail notification when there are new posts in threads that I am following?

OK I have been researching this question as I do not use this function but it DOES work.

I have just tested it and got my first e-mail from DB.

Let me see if I can explain it.

There are quite a few steps to set it all up.

1) At the top of your topic it says - New Reply - and then another box that says topic options.

There is a drop down menu and one of the choices is to "Add topic to your Watched Topics" - select that.

Then go to "MY STUFF" and click on "WATCH LISTS"
Then another page comes up and you must click on "Watched Topics"
and then "Edit Watched Topics"

Then you will get a choice of
E-Mail Notification
None
Immediately

Select Immediately
Then at the bottom hit
UPDATE WATCHED TOPICS.

That should set it up correctly,
it is working for me. Good Luck!

Cadet (or others)
Realize it's been a long time since you posted this, but I'm stuck.....

First, the "add topic to your Watched Topics" doesn't work, as it does not show up in my watch list. Is that because I'm new?

Second, when I want to check email notification, the only option I see is to get notification for a whole forum like "For Newcomers" and not the individual thread like "Newbies introduce yourself /moderation notes" which I'd like to follow. Is there an option for this?

Thanks
Harold

Re-read my instructions above, you must use the "TOPIC OPTIONS" dropdown first.

I was just able to add that topic to my list.
You must first go in the topic and then use the dropdown menu, and it added right to my list.

It is also possible that you need a minimum of 10 posts for this to work, I am not sure about that part.

Me-70, D37,S36
D
D
Hello, also looking forward to posting and getting other perspectives on my situation . Would really appreciate hearing from you all. Thanks!

V
V
Hi. New here, and just wondering if I am missing something. I have posted three times, in my own thread, as suggested, but only one post has shown up after several days. I am desperate for help, so if there is something I should be doing differently, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks

M: 31 H: 36
T: 10.5 (not married)
BD: 10/13
G
G
How to I unsubscribe from emails?
I really don't want my H seeing all these "Divorce Busting" emails popping up.

He might get the wrong idea.
(*wink*)

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

C
C
Originally Posted By: GoatGal
How to I unsubscribe from emails?
I really don't want my H seeing all these "Divorce Busting" emails popping up.

He might get the wrong idea.
(*wink*)

Answered on her thread

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2458910#Post2458910

Me-70, D37,S36
O
O
As a newcomer to the board - one month’s experience now - I was thinking about the basics whilst lying awake this morning and I remembered how I had difficulty interpreting what is often the first welcoming reply to a new thread by Cadet.

I don’t mean to be impertinent: after all everyone does a fantastic job here and you have helped so many people: it is very much appreciated. Anyway I have jotted down a few thoughts: I’m sure everyone will take them in the spirit intended.

I’ve just done a day’s UX work and thought I could bring to bear some of the thinking involved. UX? what is UX? UX stands for User eXperience. You see, if you don’t know what an acronym stands for, it gets in the way.

Welcome to the board

Get out and GAL.
I think some, in a confused state of mind, may interpret ‘get out’ as ‘get out of the marriage’, so perhaps ‘go out’ would be preferable and convert to GAL simply to ‘get a life (GAL)’.

DETACH.
I hadn’t read DB yet, so this was confusing for me. I think it could do with a brief explanation. I first thought of ‘free yourself from your current emotional entanglement’ but I’m sure others could come up with something better.

Believe none of what she says and half of what she does.

Have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

You are on moderation right now on the forum.
SO post in small frequent posts until you get off of it.

Your W is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.

Again I was confused, time to what? All I knew was I felt despair. Perhaps stress something like time to step back, see who you are, sort yourself out and rebuild your life.

USE it wisely.

Knowledge is Power - Sir Francis Bacon

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
W
Wet Offline
W
Hi odsnt,

I am also a newbie. But I am finding the "detach", GAL, and the "Gift of Time" ideas really helpful.

For me, before I found this website and read DR, I was obsessing about my separated W. I had my W's photos on my computer, and I'd like to look at them. I would call my W for the lamest of excuses. I would text her nice things, even though we were separated for over 11 months (now over a year).

By detaching, I am thinking about her less. I removed the photos from my computer. I never call or text her. And it's working. I feel like a normal person again.

"The gift of time" really is a gift. I am exercising, a great way to relieve stress, and I get the benefit of getting into shape AND losing weight. I get to think about what is important to me. To see friends. I see what I enjoy in life, and to weigh whether the good parts of my marriage outweigh the bad parts of the marriage. By being away from the situation, I can see more clearly what is taking place around me, and this really is a gift. I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
O
O
Good to hear Wet, thanks for replying. It's always good to hear about people who are getting on and proving life goes on.

Moving out the day after your birthday! That's rough. At least I got 10 days.

EA Aug 2014 I think
C
C
Originally Posted By: odsnt
As a newcomer to the board - one month’s experience now - I was thinking about the basics whilst lying awake this morning and I remembered how I had difficulty interpreting what is often the first welcoming reply to a new thread by Cadet.

I don’t mean to be impertinent: after all everyone does a fantastic job here and you have helped so many people: it is very much appreciated. Anyway I have jotted down a few thoughts: I’m sure everyone will take them in the spirit intended.

I’ve just done a day’s UX work and thought I could bring to bear some of the thinking involved. UX? what is UX? UX stands for User eXperience. You see, if you don’t know what an acronym stands for, it gets in the way.

Welcome to the board

Get out and GAL.
I think some, in a confused state of mind, may interpret ‘get out’ as ‘get out of the marriage’, so perhaps ‘go out’ would be preferable and convert to GAL simply to ‘get a life (GAL)’.

DETACH.
I hadn’t read DB yet, so this was confusing for me. I think it could do with a brief explanation. I first thought of ‘free yourself from your current emotional entanglement’ but I’m sure others could come up with something better.

Believe none of what she says and half of what she does.

Have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

You are on moderation right now on the forum.
SO post in small frequent posts until you get off of it.

Your W is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.

Again I was confused, time to what? All I knew was I felt despair. Perhaps stress something like time to step back, see who you are, sort yourself out and rebuild your life.

USE it wisely.

Knowledge is Power - Sir Francis Bacon

Hi odsnt

Thanks for the critique.

This post came from a much longer post that I put up on the MLC boards.
And I agree with you that it does not give as much direction or help as possible.
It is made to get you to start to think about DB.
And of course to bump up newbies threads to the top of the board.

Due to the way moderation works here, a brand new poster may be 6 pages back when their post finally surfaces from the queue.
So that is part of the reason I started to post this welcome.

Anyways I think you have valid ideas.
And I would also welcome you to post to as many newbies as possible and get them started on their journey.

Also I highly recommend that you or anyone else read my welcome post on the MLC board and do all the homework.
Here is a link to one of them
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2463493#Post2463493

Me-70, D37,S36
O
O
Thanks Cadet, I'll check out that post and endeavour to post more frequently on other newbies threads. I know it helps when ou know someone out there is listening.

EA Aug 2014 I think
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard