Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
M
Mimi00 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey K! Yes, an eclectic urban oasis lol... maybe we can figure some way to exchange social media names w/out being banned here... too bad they don't allow personal messages on the forums. I'm sure I'll post pics once I'm done.

I'm not doing too much in the GAL dept.... probably b/c there's not much to do at the moment. The meetup group I am a part of hasn't posted too many events that fit my schedule as of late.
But getting my apartment together is really my focus, when I am working on a project I am all about it until I am finished lol

The weather does effect my mood a bit... summer time is my favorite.... the sun, water, music, food...there's an event or festival almost every day during the summer months where I live.

Roommate is 24 y.o. and still very child-like in many of her ways...and has a lot to learn.

Sunday we went to church, there are two entry points to the highway on each side of our 3 mile wide neighborhood. If you're going East, it makes sense to head east and get on the highway on the east side entry... if you're going west, drive west and enter the highway there. So you won't waste time and gas backtracking.

So I tried to tell her the Church is heading east, so the best route is to turn right and get on the highway there. She responded: "last week you told me I should get on the high way by going west".

I tried to explain to her that we were going to a store what was west of town, so that's why I suggested heading in that direction last week. At this point, she began talking over me and saying "la la la la la" loudly like a child who doesn't want to hear their parent telling them no.

Seriously. Who does that? I have never had that experience in my life. I was very irritated by that, I just sat in silence for several minutes, until my feelings settled.

She also does things that remind me of H.... one thing is leaving with out saying where you are going.

When I am on my way some where... I usually say "hey, I'm going to the grocery store, I will be back shortly" and usually she likes "hey can I go to?!" and I say sure (even though I'd rather just be alone most times)

When she leaves, she gets dressed and just goes....I assume she wants to be asked where she's going so she feels cared about? I don't know. But you've only lived here a month...there are 3 million people in this city, a good portion of them are not sane...its silly to not let someone know where you are going.

She allergic to fish, nuts, coconut etc...
I was eating so healthy before she came b/c I was eating lots of fish, no I can't cook that b/c if she breathes it she will have a reaction. I love to use coconut oil in my hair and as a moisturizer... can't do that anymore b/c I my touch something and then she could touch it and have a reaction. And any time I eat a granola bar or something with nuts she asks that I wipe down all knobs etc.. lol

So yes, I am ready for her to move out. It's like being married again lol I want my freedom!

me: 30 H:30
tgthr:7 m:4
no kids
5 counseling sessions initiated by H as a LR: Oct 2012
long distance marriage b/c of work since Nov 2012
official BD: July 2013
nothing filed
1/1/14 I dropped the rope
K
K
The roommate does sound pretty childish. That is pretty awful to have to deal with, food allergies and all too. That is really impacting your life!

I get what you're saying about summer heightening your mood, that makes sense.

Figure out a way to encode your social name so we don't get booted!

What sorts of things make up an eclectic urban oasis? Can't picture it?

H: 29
WAXW: 30

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
Negotiated Settlement- 5/9/14
D Final- 5/21/14
XW has breakdown in attorney lobby- 5/30/14
M
Mimi00 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well I live in a city, so that automatically makes it urban, in my mind lol

As far as eclectic, I want it to have a bit of a worldly feel. I've always purchased furniture in sets: in my apartment w/ H the coffee table, tv stand etc... were all matching cherry wood set from a furniture store. I want to let go of that... I think it's kind of a reflection of who I was...everything had to be just right...and I didn't realize just how boring that was.

So I now want more fun and color and few eye catching furniture pieces that look like or were made in other countries. Lots of patterns and textures.

It will be my personal oasis, b/c I just want it to love everything I see when I look around my place. Things that are aesthetically pleasing makes me happy. lol

It's nice to only have myself in mind when doing things....

no kids
nothing filed
M
Mimi00 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I checked my mail this morning and there was a letter from my car insurance company, forwarded from my old apt.
I was going to throw it out b/c I assumed it would be a notice letting me know my insurance plan needs to be renewed bc this is the last month on my current card.

My job already sent me a notice as my car insurance must be current in order for me to work....

H paid for the last 6 months and I was to take over starting June...so I had been shopping for a new, cheaper, plan but hadn't picked one.

I was going to throw thw letter away with out opening it....as again I thought it was just a reminder...but instead I opened it.

It has a new card thats paid through until December.... $500

I guess H had a good tax refund and wants to be nice?

Im not sure...but it made me a bit emotional.

This is the only tie I still have to him...his name is on the card... im not sure why he went ahead and paid for me to be covered for the rest of the year (he had been paying month to month previously).

I am grateful....but at the same time I dont understand.

*sigh* there hasnt been any contact in some time and I prefer it be that way...but should I find his phone number and send him a text saying thanks?

no kids
nothing filed
A
A
Can you email him? I do think a thank you is in order--- with no expectations as to his reply.

Maybe not a text, though. Maybe some other people have different thoughts... But as 25 says, applaud the 1%.

Me: 39
H: 45
Second marriage for both
H left 12/2013
M:4 T:5.5
G
G
I think whenever something is unexpected in a positive way, you should thank them. No expectations. Just a simple email of "thanks for paying the car insurance thru the end of the year. I really appreciate it!"

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
M
Mimi00 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks so much artsy & Georgiabelle.
After posting I thought about sending and email instead, so thanks for confirming my thinking that would be best.

Georgiabelle your response is perfect!
I can be wordy sometimes, and that is short and to the point smile
Thanks again!

no kids
nothing filed
K
K
That is unexpected and odd. I definitely see why it would make you a bit emotional and why you don't understand it as well. Ahhh the WAS, what a strange creature. Get any response on the email?

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
D Final- 5/21/14
M
Mimi00 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey K. I was still a bit emotional today, feeling like I could just cry at any moment. Not sure why? Maybe because it's much better pretending he no longer exists, so when he makes it obvious that he does.... that makes things hard lol

An old friend called today and that kind of lifted that feeling for me. I am feeling back to normal now.

No, he did not respond to the email.

no kids
nothing filed
K
K
I hear ya. When I don't get any reminders of W it's like she no longer exists. But then something comes in the mail addressed to the two of us, and reality hits home. It will probably take awhile before those feelings go away.

I'm glad your old friend contacting you helped lift your spirits. I wouldn't expect a response necessarily, but you did the right thing thanking him for a random act of kindness, just like you would a stranger.

What are your GAL activities this weekend?

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
D Final- 5/21/14
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard