Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I started reading these boards about 7 years ago. My now X Wife had declared her desire for a separation and then sued for D immediately after her father figure died which was almost exactly a year after her mother figure died. I concluded MLC.

Tons of bad stuff happened during our 8yr marriage; 3 year old D raped, business we began cleaned out by bookkeeper, abandoned by our church due to their discomfort in ministering to us with Rape of our D...

So here I am years later...Why?...

I am coming to the conclusion I have lost a part of my mind.

So much of my life has fallen apart in the past year that my life doesn't make sense anymore. It's like I made a wrong turn somewhere...A REALLY BIG [censored] WRONG TURN SOMEWHERE....I find myself constantly looking back in an attempt to discover WHERE THE [censored] DID I SCREW MY LIFE UP?...What could/might I have done to end up in a different place?

Why?...In the past year:

I moved my elderly mother into my home realizing she couldn't live alone
I then realized she wasn't safe in my home during the day alone and placed her in a nursing home
My children are now living with my X and her OMH 100% of the time
I am now married
My mother died two days after her Bday which is 2 days before mine
My older sister (only sibling) arrived in town for the funeral but had her husband break into mom's house while I was meeting with her to plan the funeral, taking everything she wanted.
My X has taken me back to court
My home has been burglarized TWICE
I'm now on the verge of bankruptcy

I find myself listening to music from my past, when I was about 18 years younger, a part time musician, single, a fitness freak and seeing a married woman for 3.5 hours at a time in a hotel room.n (right,right,wrong)

Of course I can't help but wonder what different course(s) my life might have taken.

My life is a train wreck. I thought I was making the right choices but it's a mess.

"Fear is the mind-killer" Muad'Dib
Me 53, XW 44, DD 14, DS 12
Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13
M
M
Now that you've gotten that out of your system, what POSITIVE things are going on in your life?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
Yes, let's hear a PLAN please...some goals?

Oh, and welcome to the "How Did My Life Get HERE?" club!

cool

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
C
C
Those things happen to make you into the better person you are going to be.

Starting now create the life you want for yourself. Your Vision in the rear view mirror is 20/20... we create our future not our past.

You will find a lot of wisdom and support here!

Me: 55, W: 46
T: 17 M: 15
S: 10
3 S prev M
25 23 21
Unhappy 10/12
Asked to move out 1/14
NILWY 2/14
Sep rooms: 1/14
BD 3/14
W filed 5/14
Trial 12/14

Do the right thing - no reason needed
F
F
So sorry to hear this, Sleeper. Much of what you write about was just the luck, or non-luck, of the draw, things we will all deal with in some capacity at some point. Losses, when they come quickly, are intense.

I don't believe that life can be simply broken. Perhaps some additional counseling for you, to deal with the many issues you mention?

It's OK to fantasize about being a younger musician. Maybe you need some escape--it's OK to dream, or even try to make some reality of the dream. It's when you use it to avoid consequences and responsibilities that it is really a problem.

How is married life?

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

A
AJM Offline
A
Been a long time Sleeper. I have to admit, your state statement in your profile has always caught my attention. Brings a smile to my face smile

Quote:
I thought I was making the right choices but it's a mess.
Hmm.. I'm not sure I get that making the right choices results in a neat, tidy, pretty comfortable life. Did I miss something in the handbook?

And I agree - now that you have that written out... what's the plan? The goals? What do you want to see different in your life and what are you doing about it?

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
R
R
I agree about the goals. When we catastrophize problems we get the feeling that we are suffocating. Some of the things you described cant be undone. So pick one problem and focus on how to work things out. Once you resolve one issue you may find yourself able to deal with the other issues better.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard