Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
B
B
Things like this are not sent in error. I would suggest you to watch and observe without getting too close. It is like a new relationship. You don’t want to get too serious too soon. Let him figure it out.

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
H
OP Offline
H
thanks for you response BF...I think my biggest fear is him thinking that I'm not interested and giving up.

Heartbroken5
Me:38|H:40
Together: 10 years
Married:5
BD: May 2013
No children
B
B
Well, I would probably feel the same. Then I would change my attitude to convince myself that I’m the prize and he needs to work very hard to win me back. This is what your ex needs to do too. If you are the one he really wants, he will pursue. If he is still not sure, there is nothing you can do except to give him some time to figure it out. Meantime, you need to be the best you, happy, upbeat, confident, and a little mysterious.

I don’t think he has any thoughts that you are not interested. You accept his invitations, you talk to him, you text. Get rid of that fear! It will translate into you looking desperate. He should be the one to be afraid that you will not want to do anything with him after what he is done. Release all the expectations. Enjoy his company and continue doing what you were doing before he reappeared in your life.

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
H
OP Offline
H
Thank you again BF for your feedback. I got myself all worked up especially by the last text and now nothing. He was sending me some stuff for work and I followed up on it, asked about his weekend and he only replied about work.. Didn't reply about his weekend, about his day, nothing. It's like he pulls me in and pushes me away. It's not fair.. Sometimes I ask why am I even bothering? Why is he playing these games with me? I don't know I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, emotional,discouraged, and yes afraid. I just feel like I'm going backwards... i just feel pathetic, he clearly left me we are divorced, it is over. What's happening now, I do not understand for one bit!!

Heartbroken5
No children
M
M
HB5.... I totally understand. My MLC h is being overly responsive to me too since our 2 hour conversation on Monday. I am told to let go of trying to understand... let the confusion be OK, and let it be HIS. Just sit back and be patient. In time, more will be revealed. Meanwhile, go get busy with something other than THIS (meee too)... OK?

Lets wait and see.

M:46 H:49 T:20yrs
myD:22
H distant summer/12
H sleeping in b'ment: Nov/12
BD: Dec 2/12
asked me begin to move end of Jan/13
moved Jan 7/13 (left my stuff)
"agreed" to "working on r" Mar 3/13(lipservice!)
H
OP Offline
H
Got a text yesterday asking if i would be able to talk. He called we talked about work stuff and a little bit of personal stuff. I think I'm beginning to see the pattern. It's like you guys said... he's afraid. he's giving a little then pulls back, thinking he's done too much. His dad text me today saying that he's afraid of what people are going to think since he's gone through this whole process of divorcing me...he's dad is like who cares, yall love one another, make it work. I agree. So many of my friends are saying leave the past in the past he left you blah blah blah, you'll find someone better.. it's crazy i know on the surface that what they are saying is true but i also know in my heart that the whole thing was a mistake. an awful, expensive, painful mistake... but then again the ball is in his court. if he wants to work it out, im open... it's all so frustrating.

Heartbroken5
No children
H
OP Offline
H
Thank you MM.. I'm getting busy. It's just that he backs up and then comes right back.. gives a little, withdraw... ugh! I'm getting busy or else I'll go crazy (crazier may be better)!

Heartbroken5
No children
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard