Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Thank you Wonka and Job......I just can't believe she messaged me AGAIN!! Enjoy the money? you mean the millions I'm going after?!?!?! or is it the fact I'm taking what my deserves?!?! Left with nothing? Oh you mean that I have my home, all our friends, OUR CHILDREN?!?!?! This SIL thought she was all high road when SHE left her H and didn't ask for spousal support and a smaller pay out from the house.....what she's missing is she LEFT and didn't even have all three of her kids! It's not honourable to allow H to do whatever he wants at the expense of our boys....why can't they see that?!?! I'm not going on vacation or buying expensive shoes......honestly!

I understand what you're saying Job.....other than exchanging Merry Christmas messages on christmas day (she initiated and I responded nothing more) there is no contact with any of them.

They are angry, close minded, awful people

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and
you’re gonna hear me ROAR
job Offline
WR,
I hate to say this...but you are going to get more of them because they are being hateful. She really doesn't know what she's talking about and when people talk like this, you have to consider the source and just let their lips flap away. Eventually, when you don't respond and/or show that they've rattled your well being, they stop.

Now, if you had come back at her in self defense, I can assure you, she would have been even more nasty. The best thing to do is ignore her and if they continue down this road of harassment, file a claim against her. But, whatever you do, don't tell her you've done it...let it be a surprise.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
W
WR,

I bet the ILs do NOT know the true story behind H's precarious financial situation and maxing out on his credit cards. Do you honestly think H will say, "My bad...I am blowing money left and right. It is all on me." to his family?? Nope. He is hiding the true extent of his financial mess from everyone.

The best thing to do when faced with people who are into stirring up drama is to step away and not engage at all.

W
OP Offline
W
Great....she's going to be a peach! I'll let them dig a grave and then file a suit against her if she keeps going......She should spend this much time getting her 20 something year old boys off of the couch and into jobs!

I think, Wonka, that they wouldn't understand even if someone explained it to them line by line......they're just not that bright (sorry!). Did they expect me to absorb half of H's pre-marital debt? To walk away from MY inheritance? To not get what is legally my children's to get? Even the spousal is for my boys....to help me pay the mortgage so my boys can stay in the house! I can support myself, no problem, get a small apartment and live just fine but it's my boys I need help with and they have needs that he needs to step up to the plate on! What's funny.....He told SIL #2 (when he left) that he knew I'd take him for everything but it was better than being miserable with me. I didn't take him for anything more than what was ours but I guess it's not better than living with me.

Control him like a puppet master?!?!? Well, I will admit that I was the "mom" in the marriage and it was not healthy and could not continue BUT I did not take over the position without a willing, and needy, partner.....

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
W
W
Honey,

At ease! It is us here that you're talking with...your other 'family.' No need to explain or defend yourself here sweetie. We KNOW exactly what you're going through and providing the best home for your boys. We get it.

Please try not to take SIL's comments personally.

(((WR)))

W
OP Offline
W
You're right.....I guess I feel the need to defend myself, even if it's to you guys in place of them.....UGGGG

You know when they do this $hit I wonder IF H was to ever try and come back (and I know how big an "IF" that is) forgiving him would be one thing but his family.....oh man.....

I'm going out tonight with friends.....GALing is my response to this

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
F
F
Originally Posted By: Whiterose

I'm going out tonight with friends.....GALing is my response to this

Might I suggest you also buy yourself a new pair of shoes? smile

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
W
OP Offline
W
HAHAHAHAHA
I don't think you quite understand the obsession with shoes I have.....if you suggest it I may go do it!!!!

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
S
S
WR, that suxx, sorry to read they are acting out. Def. ignore and i'd probably see if your cell carrier can block text's from their phones for a bit. Maybe get yourself a little distance. Just a thought. (((WR)))

You can not change your past, but you can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future.
W
OP Offline
W
It would seem like I'm in trouble again...this time from H.
Let's start with some WONDERFUL news......S19's first day at college. YAY. I am a proud mamma today. He was so nervous but is doing fine. Another good piece of news....wasn't sure if my job would need me for work until mid January and I got called in for a full week this week so YAY FOR WORK.

A little refresher from info I gave at the beginning. When S19 got into college I think that was one of the catalysts for H's MLC. S had tagged us in a post on fb to tell us, he was so proud, and h never said anything. I noticed but didn't say anything, knowing h was already in a state but not understanding at that point, but the next day S asked if H had said anything to me. He was devestated and I laid into H about it. It was the day the light went out in H's eye as it were. Anyway! today S started and I posted a congratulatory fb status update! tagged S in it so H would have seen it if he looked, saying how proud I was and remembering back to first day of kindergarten and how wonderful new phases of life are. Just got a text from him, haven't seen one since the whole child support visa text from a could of weeks ago......

Hey was looking through my clothes and seem to be missing a few things. I'm guessing you felt I was ok to keep what you wanted for Matthew?

Why is he still after me?? C'mon. It's been since April now!! Do I even respond? I'm tired of being attacked

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard