Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
labug #2416437 12/20/13 04:32 PM
J
J
I was watching some Ted Talks last night. One of the speakers T. Robbins was describing something similar from the perspective of what motivates people’s behaviors

BITS
Me 55, ACK, when did that happen? Doesn't feel like 55
D 30
S 27

You create your own universe as you go along - Winston Churchill
labug #2416964 12/22/13 01:36 PM
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: labug
She has some youtube videos.

I'll check it out, thanks.

Quote:
I was watching some Ted Talks last night. One of the speakers T. Robbins was describing something similar from the perspective of what motivates people’s behaviors

I really like Ted TV pretty cool site. I'll check him out.

Time for me to move forward with life, I found out some more info about my X's honesty that just pushes me over the top of being done. Money stolen and not disclosed, boy friends and the such. I would not accept it from a woman I was dating so... I am worth so much more than that. I thought I would wait and let her work things out and see, now not so much.

I love tall women think i'll ask one out lol...

You can not change your past, but you can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future.
subguy #2417912 12/26/13 08:50 AM
W
W
Hi Subguy!

I have been reading your thread, getting caught up.

I can't give relationship advice. Buy I know how to ease those shin splints! (I get them so easy, since running cross country in high school.)

Do heel drops. Stand on a curb with your heels over the edge. Drop your heels lower about 10 times. I do 3 sets, toes pointed in, feet straight and toes pointed out.) I read this somewhere about 15 years ago. It really helps. I do them when I get stuck at red lights when I am walking.

The theory is that shin splints are caused by the calf muscles building up and pulling the muscle away from the shin, which causes that horrible pain.

I hope you get some relief!

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: WenikiTiki
Hi Subguy!

Do heel drops. Stand on a curb with your heels over the edge. Drop your heels lower about 10 times. I do 3 sets, toes pointed in, feet straight and toes pointed out.) I read this somewhere about 15 years ago. It really helps. I do them when I get stuck at red lights when I am walking.

The theory is that shin splints are caused by the calf muscles building up and pulling the muscle away from the shin, which causes that horrible pain.

I hope you get some relief!

Thanks smile I will def. give that a try. I have been hitting the elliptical pretty hard and stretching a lot. I think that is helping, my legs do not feel as tight as before, I'm as flexible as a 2X4.. I'm running only 1-2 times per week.

Originally Posted By: JustStunned

I watched a Ted talk with Tony Robbins and it was interesting... Thanks!!

You can not change your past, but you can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future.
subguy #2419237 12/31/13 03:21 PM
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone... I hope you all have a great New Year. I will be with a large group of kids from church and my D14. Should be a fun night.

It's been a rough couple of weeks but... I made it through and ready for a new year. I wont bore anyone with the details. Lets just say it was about me and my reaction to things found out. I am trying to get better at reacting to things, but of course we are not Vulcan and do have emotions...

I am learning how to forgive, it is a continual process. I thought I had forgiven and then something else would pop up and I felt like I was back at step one. I thought i was a bad person for not being able to forgive completely. What I have figured out is that I did forgive and then something else came up that hurt and I had to forgive for that as well. Like it says in the Bible Matthew 18:21-23.

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. 23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.

How many times must I forgive? As many as it takes!!! Peter walked with Jesus and he struggled with forgiveness, so it's okay that I do as well. My ultimate goal is to forgive and have peace in my heart for my X, right now I still have some resentments.

Goals for 2014: I promised bug I would list some and I shall, I am going to list some goals and steps I am taking to achieve them. A marathon, a mustang, improved relationship skills and possible a trip to attend Essential Experiences I hear discussed on theses boards from time to time. I plan on putting these up by the end of the week.

Any way I hope everyone has a nice day, stay safe and get a cab...

subguy #2419465 01/01/14 04:16 PM
L
L
Here's to a peaceful year!

I believe we can only give others love, compassion, empathy, forgiveness after we have first extended those to ourselves.

It's all a process and we move at our own speed.

Did you seem my post about the documentary The Unreal Dream? Sometime when you're feeling especially introspective see if it's available to watch on CNN.

It really made me think about the capacity to forgive.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
labug #2420267 01/04/14 02:12 AM
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: labug
Here's to a peaceful year!

I believe we can only give others love, compassion, empathy, forgiveness after we have first extended those to ourselves.

It's all a process and we move at our own speed.

Did you seem my post about the documentary The Unreal Dream? Sometime when you're feeling especially introspective see if it's available to watch on CNN.

It really made me think about the capacity to forgive.

Hi Bug!!! That is an amazing story, I only got to see a 5 min. preview however his capacity for forgiveness is huge. I wonder how long it took him to get there? I can't wait to get to watch the whole film.

I totally get that in order to give love, compassion and empathy we must first give that to ourselves. I am a work in progress smile

I have made the decision to forgive and I am forgiving, as emotions pop up and things trigger my emotions I have to decide again to forgive. For me this is not a one time thing, i find myself having to make the decision to forgive over and over. I am not sure if anyone else has to do this, however I do.

Forgiveness is in my nature. I know the anxiety I have been having is due to the fact I assumed It had to be all or nothing. I felt as if I had not forgiven at all when things would pop up or emotions would get the better of me.

Once I realized that it may take me a million forgiveness's to be "healed" or to able to get through the day without thinking about it, my anxiety has all but gone away. I still get a tiny bit of anxiety, every now and then but... it is 99% better.

Once I realized that I am normal so to speak that forgiveness is not necessarily a one time thing, I really calmed down.

I love being able to post my incoherent thoughts on this board and have people that care enough to comment and try to help me in my journey...

subguy #2443481 04/05/14 03:41 AM
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone, man I have been busy. I am dating again, that was weird at first but I am settling down a bit. Its amazing how much more communication we have as compared to my marriage. Who know what the future has in store but right now things are fun. I still have some triggers to work through, but my girl friend is okay with it and we work through it. I am upfront completely with her on where I am.

Db'ing saved me and taught me to look at myself. I am a work in progress and am thankful for the friends I made in this board.

When people say things will get better, I never thought they meant it would for me... So if you think it won't, it will and does.

subguy #2443548 04/05/14 03:44 PM
L
L
Hey, good news!

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
labug #2449959 05/02/14 11:17 PM
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I broke up with the girlfrind It seems we were in different places in our lives. She wanted more integration into my daughters life than I was willing to allow at this point. She was getting upset and felt like an every other week girlfriend. She has never been married and has no children. I am wanting someone who will be okay in the beginning to allow me some room when its my week with my daughter. It did not make either if us wrong or bad just unable to give each other what we wanted at this point. I wish her well.

I am okay With it all. I acted with honor and class. One more thing I learned about myself and what I want and don't want.

I sold my pool, the guy came and collected it. Whew that dude was nothing but work. If anyone actually used it I would have been okay with it but it was only used three times last year. I'm going to make it a patio paver grilling area with a fire pit. Eventually a hit tub may accidently find its way into that space as well.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard