Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
K
K
Guy #3 sounds interesting. I have never have kissed on the first date. I think partly it is because I wanted to focus on the actual date. There is plenty of time for the kisses later if it all is going well. The most dates I had with someone that I didn't feel anything for was 4 dates. The horrible thing was that I had a huge crush on a guy that had the same name as the guy I went out with.

So any second dates lined up?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
kat727 #2396244 10/22/13 02:24 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Lots of fun going on with everybody!

Betsey, Keep your eyes open at the grocery store. I hear it's the new place to find a date. smile

Gineen, Best of luck at Panera. Maybe it's the next 'new' place to be seen.

BA, So, happy for you; hope it's just as fun and more later this week. You deserve everything fantastic!

I ended up only having one date (the firefighter/paramedic). He's a really nice, ordinary guy. He's building a house, loves his job, is close to his family, and we share many interests. I'm approaching this one slowly. We're headed to Red Rocks next Sat. for the insane workout they do there on weekends and then out to breakfast. He's very polite and respectful. He texts every day with no 'creepy' vibes in any way. We'll see....There are a few others, but I'm not into "duty dating" and have decided to only date men I'm really interested in. That' a switch..

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
B
B
Originally Posted By: Golfgirl1
BA, So, happy for you; hope it's just as fun and more later this week. You deserve everything fantastic!

I ended up only having one date (the firefighter/paramedic). He's a really nice, ordinary guy. He's building a house, loves his job, is close to his family, and we share many interests. I'm approaching this one slowly. We're headed to Red Rocks next Sat. for the insane workout they do there on weekends and then out to breakfast. He's very polite and respectful. He texts every day with no 'creepy' vibes in any way. We'll see....There are a few others, but I'm not into "duty dating" and have decided to only date men I'm really interested in. That' a switch..

Thanks GG! I am so hopeful and optimistic. She really is a gem. I've had to keep pinching myself just to make sure I'm not dreaming all of this stuff up! So far the pinching hurts like hell so that's a good sign - no dream!! smile

So your firefighter/paramedic guy sounds promising. I'm wondering though, you don't sound really excited about him. Are you settling to date something that seems safe compared to everything else you've encountered so far?

I am very jealous of your next date though - we can't compete with your scenery or venue's out here! I would love to go to Red Rocks. Will you be running the Amphitheatre stairs? Have fun!

BA

B
B
Originally Posted By: sandycay
Well, Match has been interesting...here's a tid bit....If your going to meet me on a Sat. night best not to led with " I can get a cab because I'm watching football in the afternoon with the guys and I don't drive after a few beers". Now, I respect that but geesh aren't you looking for a relationship?

After a few more conversations...it was evident he was a very high functioning alcoholic.

Then there was the man ...who could not talking about all his friends (that are women)....I mean his social calendar was full of doing things with them....so I had to brush him off. I'm not jealous but seriously?????

Then, I went on a date Friday night..Met R at 7:30 and left the restaurant at 12..... he has me to text him when I got home...then he ask if he could call me.....and he did....we talked until 4am!!! Good lord, that's new for me..... no kiss...just a hug....

He has text or called every day since then. He has a younger daughter whom he has full custody of and the mom has left the state.

Ok - so I am thankful for guys like #1 and #2 because they make it just a little bit easier for guys like me to get dates! grin It sounds to me like you've got a good deal of chemistry going with Guy #3 though - at least it's a good start!

BA

B
B
Originally Posted By: Underdog
BA, have a fabulous time on Thursday!

Thanks Betsey! Barbara sent me an email last night asking if we can do a movie/dinner this Thursday and save the play for the next date. I like the fact that as we are setting up date 3 she is also focused on a date 4!!! smile

Sorry your SS stalker (perhaps that makes him a "triple S") continues to persue you. I think you are taking a good strategy although it doesn't always work. I've used it on Freaky Fran and I am still getting a an occasional email from her although the frequency has gone way down at least. Hopefully he is quicker on the uptake with getting the message than she is!

BA

S
S
BA: planning the 4th date means it is working for her too. She sounds like a good match for you. Just took her a bit of extra time to figure it out.

Enjoy!

Barb

BA, I agree with Barb - sounds like Barbara is invested, so go for it!

Quote:
Hopefully he is quicker on the uptake with getting the message than she is!

Uh, no, he isn't. Too bad we can't fix him up with Fran.

He initially texted me Wednesday night. I waited a full 24 hours to respond, and it was only to answer his question (Hi, how are you?) I made sure I worded it in a manner that didn't inquire and just wished him well. I was at the HS volleyball match when a flurry of texts came in. He asked me to go to the movies, then begged me, and I answered, "I'm at a volleyball match and can't talk." He then followed with more questions (Are you watching D19? Are you out of state? Talk to me!) I ignored. Then he sent the last one, "Are you dating someone?" Again, I didn't answer any of those.

He again initiated on Sunday and I chose not to respond at all. So last night he texted me again, and said, "I really wish you'd go to the movies with me. Can you please answer?"

UGH UGH UGH! Right after I got that, my BFF called. I told her about the predicament and she gave me some good advice. She thinks that maybe putting him off and being mean somehow, in his warped mind, means this is a challenge. (That actually makes me feel ill.) So much later I texted back, "I've been busy with my second job, and I really don't think any of this communication is a good idea. Thanks for thinking of me." And he replied back, "ok"

I truly hope this is it. The next time I'll just come out and tell him to stop contacting me - period. And since I have cop friends, I'm not afraid to use them. Even if I have to tell them that they need to pretend they are not gay and come pose as my hot BF. wink

No wonder I've benched myself in favor of getting in shape physically and preparing for the holidays?

My social calendar is lined up this weekend with D16's former behavior therapist on Friday, and possibly Saturday night too. Sunday night I'm going out to dinner with my former boss - alone, since it's fall break next week and D16 is going camping with her dad and won't be back until Tuesday night (he leaves for DC early Wed am, otherwise, he'd have her longer).

I'm pretty happy with that. Barb, I'm also happy to report that I'm still involved with my FitBit. I carry my iPad mini around with me to update it during the day (you can do it on a cell phone too). It's really helping me stay focused and committed, although I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks. I can see the reports which are positive, and it really does frustrate me. I'm really working on getting decent sleep (it helps here too). I think the hormones are coming into play here, but I'll stay the course. My diet has been pretty darned good, so...

That's it for me.

GG, I sure hope you're having fun with Mr. EMT. I'll text you sometime this week to get the offline update. I'm watching D19's volleyball match tonight via streaming, so it won't be tonight.

Wii, miss you here too!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
Wow Bets - I didn't realize how far he had gone in almost stalker type behavior. No means no. I guess you had to be firmer & hopefully he will get it now. But something worries me. Good thing you have your cop friends & you're not afraid to use them.

Wondering if I can pick up the Fitbit when I'm in the US next week. Can you get it at Best Buy? I really need to get started. 2 things I need to work on - getting better shape & doing same with house. Have a frind over helping me declutter my craft rooms this week. It's a start.

Barb

B
B
Betsey,

I agree with Barb. My danger radar spiked when I was reading what and how he texted to you. I know you are a pretty smart cookie, so I know I don't have tell you that there are no circumstances whatsoever which would warrant meeting SSS again, period! Be safe!

BA

W
W
Bets,

We girls can line up ready to take care of BA's Freaky Fran problem. It's now the boys' turn to take care of your Stalky Stuff problem...BA & Wii...please be on standby!

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard