Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Dating profile gem of the day #3...it's been a good day!
"I like this and that and this and that and this and that... you have to like this and that and this and that and this and that. If you don't like this and that and this and that then it just won't work." She's too deep for me!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Hey, here's my new online dating profile. It's fresh and it chews!

Hi ladies, I’m just a normal guy who likes gum. I like gum a lot. It comes in all flavours and textures and colours and price ranges...just like women. Gum is also a lot like love. When you first pop it in your mouth it’s tender and sweet but after chewing for a while it can lose it’s flavour and sadly, need to be spit out or stuck under a table somewhere. For gum to last it needs to be nurtured, moved around gently with your tongue and chewed ever so mindfully and that’s also my recipe for a loving relationship...and just to set your mind at ease, I’m a one stick man. If I take you out of your wrapper, the rest will stay in their package to grow old, hard and stale. So, if any of this sticks to the roof of your mouth then message me and I’d be glad to meet you at the variety store of your choice. ..and who knows, if we choose the right brand we could blow sweet bubbles together...unless it's Chiclets, 'cuz they just don't blow. I know my gum and so can you!

M
M
Dear God! You are kidding right? grin

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
OP Offline
W
You seem gumfounded, Mish! Of course, I'm kidding. Any woman I approached with that profile would tell me to chew right off! But, that said, you really can't blow bubbles with Chiclets...it's a fact!

M
M
LOL!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

W
OP Offline
W
Tonight I am attending the Divorce Care group at my church. It's a group that's just started and so far 9 people have signed up. I don't know whether it's appropriate for someone who's marriage was done six years ago but I thought I'd go and check it out. Even years later there's still stuff that's there that may never go away...who knows. So I thought I'd go and check it out. Thursday night I'm having coffee with my Pastor, at his request. It will be nice to chat and get to know each other a bit better. He's a decent guy and I'm looking forward to it. So aside from spending my off hours replacing my kids i-phone (you don't want to know!), that's my update.

W
OP Offline
W
...almost forgot, I've also been spending a lot of time out photographing the fall colours, day and night. It's been a blessing to become so aware of all the beauty that surrounds us. In life we spend so much time just whizzing through our day and miss some of the amazing gifts that are out there. I have a church friend who's is really into photography and we kind of support each other in our artistic ventures. I'm also cooking vegetarian and doing some experimental baking lately. I'm doing OK...being by myself lol.

M
M
I absolutely love all the pics you are posting wii. You have a real gift there!

Also, regarding Divorce Care, I went there immediately after we split and went for quite a while (about a year and a half). It was such a comfort in the beginning and then I started to learn more and more from the others in the group who were in much further along stages. It was very beneficial for me to see and hear other people's experiences. Even though you are far removed from the initial pain, you will be a wealth of support for those who are new to the grief.

At one point I actually facilitated a new group at our church in collaboration with another member and we had a great response. It really is a blessing.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

W
OP Offline
W
Mish, The thing I don't want to get caught up in is doing this just to support others. I feel selfish saying that but much of my life already is helping others. My job, my family, then there was SDA Lady. As my Mom says "it's time for you to take care of you for a change". So, we'll see tonight. I have a small group I attend on Friday's too with some great people. I don't want to start filling my nights with a ton of activity like I used to do. When I first separated I was gonna be the Million Dollar Divorced Man who could do anything, I was gonna have a life without AD's! I'd watched some of my friends emotionally crumble and that wasn't gonna be me! So I ran myself into the ground with activity and ended up with adrenal fatigue. So, after SDA Lady and all that stress, I'm trying to balance my life. So, we shall see whether Divorce Care is something I want and feel is useful for ME too. If I help someone along the way, all the better smile Thx for your comments on my pics. I greatly enjoy the excitement of taking them and sharing them.

Wii,

I totally understand. I'm often asked to be a contact to new families with kids diagnosed with Angelman's. The folks who refer to me know that they have to meet certain criteria in order to agree: I am not in a position to help the ones who are knee deep in grief and immobilized. I have compassion for them, but I'm not the right person for that job.

So the very few who land up on the other side of my phone are the ones who have dealt with the initial shock and grief and are ready to mobilize and get involved in creating a new dynamic within their family. I've made one exception, and that is D16's primary respite person after school. Her nephew is 3 months old and newly diagnosed (what a great thing - we had to wait until my D16 was 3), the whole family is local, and her parents are trying to figure out how *they* feel. I'm happy to jump in there - because I know her and the background.

Otherwise, I feel like a person who's a "go to" for all sorts of maladies and I find that I am not energized. I actually feel the drain now that I'm old. LOL. Don't get me started on the divorcing parents with special needs kids. I try to steer them to the right path, but I can't be everything to everyone. Then there's nothing left in MY tank. And both my girls deserve all of me at this point in my life.

As I tell everyone in my real life, I'm not in the position to rescue people. So don't ask me to continue to stand at the side of the ship with a buoy.

Good for you in knowing yourself well enough to stick up for you!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard