Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
W
Kudos to a new Super Nova! wink

W
OP Offline
W
She said it was an easy test and only worth 1% of her mark anyway "so what's the big deal?". Her mother and I say it's momentum going in the right direction for a change!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
LOL, is that 19 year old speak for "don't get your expectations up?" I'm with you and Voldy, though. Before you can run, you have to take the first few steps.

Cheers for you, Wii!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
OP Offline
W
Well, when I got home last night after my church small group, D19 tells me that she's behind in her Roman Culture readings and they are each 150 pgs in length. She thought there was only one per class and has found out there are three. She's telling me she wants to drop the course and take another one next term (yeah, dream on!) I told her that if she keeps dropping courses she will never graduate and maybe she just needs to buck up and just do it rather than looking for ways out. This was the course she switched to earlier despite my concerns about switching classes and falling behind...and guess what happened! Anyway, she told me after venting that she was going to keep the class and babbled on about a bunch of university gobblygook that I have no comprehension of. Anyway, today I am taking her to a library where she can sit and read for three or four hours and is away from distractions. OMG, does it ever end!!! Well, I had a week of peace anyway.

W
OP Offline
W
Btw, here's today's dating profile gem brought to you by OK Cupid."On a typical Friday night I am at home dead to the world" Hm, sounds appealing.

C
C
Wii)))))))) battle buddy! you are a hoot, ha ha... dating profile gem I saw yesterday, guy's username is "damagedgoods"... under "what have you learned from your past relationships" he mentioned that nothing good came out of it only pain. Mentioned he his wife took his 2 boys and left and accused him of abuse. Honey, TMI for a profile, you are not ready for another R if you learned nothing. Boy did I want to write to this guy but he prob would've thought I was interested, ha ha.
I'm currently on a freeby month of christian cafe dot com. Saw a guy with the exact same things I like, some lines where even the same from mine! He tried to reply to my email but did not know how, so far he has not tried again. I'm trying hard not to check it often, I don't want to be turn needy or desperate, lol.

Sorry for the long "me" post, I really am glad to see you, I never come here anymore. Mainly I got no time, trying to make ends meet and dealing with the kids. BTW, i am SDA too, lol, she should lay up on the pepsi, you either have to believe it's bad for you or not. Just drink water too ok? he he.

Voldy, LOL

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
W
OP Offline
W
Nice to hear from you Cat! Hey, I have a lot of respect for the SDA and many of their beliefs. The health message is so cool and I'm into the hell minus hell part too lol! I went to the SDA church more than SDA Lady did...to be fair, she had to work. Anyway, take care and thanks for dropping by smile

W
OP Offline
W
OK, after discussing the sitch with D19 I have given her my permission to drop the course. The course work is incredibly time consuming and it's only a half credit course. She feels the week to week demands of the course will bring down her other marks. Both she and I want her to feel positive and to build her confidence a little at a time. In the past two days the available spots in the course have gone from 70 to 80 which indicates a few others are bailing too. So, if she drops it, she will still have finished more than the required credits for first year. I've told her my only concern is that she doesn't think that she can bail whenever anything gets a bit tough. I told her that she talks the talk real good but she needs to walk the walk too. I've left it to her to decide, she knows better than I as to what is too demanding and what is not. I told her she will need to go over this with her mother as well. We shall see. She spent a few hours at the library reading while I went out and did some photography. After a few hours I went and got her and brought her down to the park I was shooting at to sit and enjoy a bit of the afternoon. Life goes on.

W
OP Offline
W
Dating profile gem of the day, "If your first email with me is bragging about how great you are sexually , then I know you're a crappy lover." You tell 'em, girl!

W
OP Offline
W
...and one more, "if you are holding a fish, a beer bottle, pitching a tent, or your opening line is, "Just a normal guy" Please keep looking."

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard