Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
B
OP Offline
B
So here's a twist. My last R ended back in late April with Marianne. At that time she wanted to continue contact with me in a friendship capacity and I declined simply because I had very strong romantic feelings for her and could not see me transitioning to a platonic friendship with her at that time.

Well within the last week or so we have gotten back in touch with each other. I initiated it when I saw an advertisement that Pink (her favorite artist) was going to be on the Ellen Degeneres show. I sent her a short email letting her know that and hoping all was well with her. We communicated back and forth and she brought up tht fact that she thought of me often and her offer of friendship was still on the table. So I am taking her up on it and we are getting together for dinner tonight. It will be very nice to see her and she says she is excited to see me as well.

Here's the deal. Even though I fully intend to keep my interaction with her on a friendship level, I know I would be ecstatic if she changed her mind and decided to give us a try again. Our break-up wasn't due to any huge issue, she just thought I was too nice and accomodating. After a few months of self-evaluation, I finally get what she was talking about and I have made some adjustments, for me and am better for it. As a result I think she will see a somewhat different me. However, unless she brings any of this up, I am keeping my mouth shut about all of it and just see where this road leads us. If it truly just remains a friendship that will be fine because she really is someone who I have missed just talking to and keeping in touch with. If it ends up being something more, well that would be better than ok.

BA

Sorry, BA. I've been alternating craziness between D16 and work. I'm not sure if I'm winning or losing.

Yep, happy about MNF outcome. I'm an admitted homer now, and the Donkeys are my team. It's sure better than where we were a few years ago. Being a sports fan in Denver has been pretty miserable until now.

Anyhoo, maybe you were supposed to do all this dating and work for a good reason. I have faith that you're coming out the winner, no matter what. Your attitude rocks, and I'd definitely stalk you if you we're here! grin

I had one of the most surreal conversations with my XH yesterday after work. I had come to his house to pick up D16 (we're taking turns with her). Since she was sleeping, he offered me a margarita on his patio. No arm twisting necessary. I had 3. I have an old friend (before I even met him) who works for his company and is coming out to do some training on his project next week. Weird. He asked me if I wanted him to give Elena my phone number to call while she's here (we have been out of touch for awhile). He assumed she was still married to her first hubs, and was stunned when I told him they divorced 2 years before we did and that she remarried. She kept her first married name, which totally puzzled Mr. W.

I continued the puzzling when I told him I'd keep his last name too. He wasn't angry or anything, but the convo got lively. I told him I doubt I'll ever marry again anyway. He surprised me by saying it isn't in his cards either. My eyebrow went up, and he just said, "been there, done that, and your tshirt is enough for me." Said with a big grin. Don't know how his GF feels about that... He thought it was funny when I told him I dumped Sweet Stuff. I told him I'd leave out the details, but that it was looking like I enjoy my alone time more. He said he understood.

Anyway, we seem to have come a long way in 10 years. For whatever reason, when D16 has issues, we seem to get along really, really well. I'll just be grateful and leave it at that.

I'm home with her again today since her face still looks like a chipmunk. We're watching for dry sockets, so I'm happy keeping her quiet and resting. I just wish work wasn't so damn busy. It's hard to snooze when people need me!

Keep on keepin' on...

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
W
You do lead an interesting life BA!I think rather than find a relationship I'll just live vicariously through you lol.
Hey, if you still want to check out your former gf and feel you can handle this then go for it. The strangest things can happen in love and life. I'm excited for us...I mean you!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Hands down...I saw the best picture in a today! Wasn't his profile but was in his added pictures:

Titled: Now, for those of you who want a picture of my junk here it is:

You scroll down and it is a picture of a random porch with tons of junk all over it.

I thought this was clever!

No luck meeting anyone yet...went out with JS 3 times ....didn't feel connection but he was nice enough.

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

W
W
Hey Betsey, what happened with Sweet Stuff? You two were going to have a friendly dinner, if I recall. Did I miss your update?

Wii,

You didn't miss anything. Until my spidey sense tells me it's safe to do it, I'm not getting back in touch. I have more satisfying things to do than beat an idiot. Like watch college volleyball. grin My kiddo played pretty well tonight, despite not feeling well. Now I'm watching the big kids play on ESPNU. Who needs a dude?

Gineen, I have wine. Come on over. D16 just left with her dad for the night...

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
W
Good for you, Betsey. If you're not into it, then don't do it. Watch football!!!!

W
W
Betsey, I'm living vicariously through BA now, you can too! Oh, but he's into women...but I'm sure some of them wear pants so that might work. Let's face it, we'll just be having an unhealthy co-dependent R with BA and his life anyway so who really cares!

We just won't tell anyone who calls us on being codependent or pathetic?

Besides, BA is doing more interesting stuff than I am. But then again, pretty much anything beats watching an anesthesiologist put my kid down with propofol... And eating Mac and cheese 3 days in a row. Only the wine makes me feel like I'm not a complete loser...

Back to volleyball now...

Albert Einstein
B
OP Offline
B
Hey Betsey - I hope your D16 is recovering without any complications. Probably a good call on your sweet stuff strategy which I will now refer to the triple "S" formation. grin

Wii - feel free to live vicariously through me if you like but I gotta tell you be ready for the real life frustrations, bewilderment and at times exhaustion!

So regarding last night. I had dinner with my former GF and I have to tell you as soon as she showed up (and as the night wore on) I remembered every reason why I fell hard for this woman. She didn't help things by showing up at my door looking and dressing absolutely gorgeous. The woman was decked out from her head to her toes. sigh...

However I put all that to the side and concentrated (as best I could) to just having some engaging conversation catching up on her life and having a pleasant evening - which I am happy to say we did. She is very happy to be back in touch with me and wants to continue getting together. We plan to catch a hockey game together in a couple of weeks. So that's that for now. To be perfectly honest I'm still processing all of it and hoping to figure out how I can completely transition to friend mode with her not so much when I'm with her, but in my mind when we are not together - if that makes sense.

BA

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard