Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Underdog
OMG, Barb, that is too funny! I've never met a criminal Fran! And BA, if she's starting to look like a Fatal Attraction Fran, you've got a felon in the making. grin Hide the bunnies and get some good deadbolts!

All the Frans I've met have just been b!tches. I probably didn't get to know them enough to find out of they were larcenists or psychopaths.

BA, what's on your agenda this weekend? Inquiring minds want to know, since you're now the bar that's been set around here for good times.

Well I've only met one Fran and I'm afraid that has proven to be one too many! If she continues to stalk me my plan is to create a fictional profile very similar to mine, since she apparently is head over heels attracted to. Then my fictional self will contact her to say I think we're "perfect" for each other and that I want to meet her on safari in Kenya. That will at least get her out of the country for awhile and perhaps in the company of a pride of lions. grin

As for my weekend plans, tonight I'm going to my local watering hole to visit my good friend Jack Daniels and get myself date ready for the weekend. Saturday, Vicky (the lawyer) and I are going to hit a couple of antique shops and have lunch together. I'm golfing on Sunday morning and then mid-afternoon I have my first planned meeting with Jeanette (the Nurse Anethesist) at a local winery. If I don't post the results of my dates by Wednesday you will know that Fran (the crazy) has found me, locked me in her basement and turned me into her little love slave - so please notify the authorities before she tires of me, dismembers me into little pieces and buries me in her garden! crazy

I figure we give her something totally fun to think about on Monday - when I officially take the title of Worst Mom in Denver. She's getting an MRI and her impacted wisdom teeth (all 4 of 'em) out. This is not going to be fun.

Betsey

Hope the wisdom teeth extraction for your D16 goes well. When I was 21 I had all four removed as well (only the bottoms were surgically extracted though - the tops were just pulled.) Anyway, the Dentist sent me home with 4 days worth of Percocet and told me to take them religiously without waiting for any pain. Best advice ever - I was basically high for 4 days and never felt even the slightest bit of pain. When I returned he asked me how I was feeling and if I needed a refill. I told him I was fine and to not give me any more Percocet because I liked that stuff too much!

BA

Holy crap, BA, you had me spitting out my water! (Notice, no diet coke here.) Kenya? LOL, I think that might be far enough away!

Quote:
you will know that Fran (the crazy) has found me, locked me in her basement and turned me into her little love slave - so please notify the authorities before she tires of me, dismembers me into little pieces and buries me in her garden! crazy

But you don't live in Cleveland, so this ain't gonna happen! wink

Quote:
I told him I was fine and to not give me any more Percocet because I liked that stuff too much!

I was 18 and got Demerol and found out I liked it a whole lot then too. But somehow, over time, I must have turned into my mom because I now can't take pain meds - they make me sick as a dog. D16 does not handle them well at all.

In fact, every surgery she's had since birth has wound up being a readmit to the hospital. I think the anesthesia, blood and pain cause her to get cluster seizures. Her dad and I have already made contingency plans at work for this scenario. And the worst part is that I can't reason with her. She just doesn't get it. Memo to me: lay in a supply of ice cream and mac and cheese. I might turn enemy into friend...

Your weekend sounds fun.

Let us know if we need to counsel you into plastic surgery and witness protection... grin

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
OP Offline
B

But you don't live in Cleveland, so this ain't gonna happen! wink

It's not Fran (the crazy) in Cleveland I'm worried about, it's the one who thinks I'm the friggin love of her life that lives just a few miles away!

Okay - work is done and I'm to go have fun! Happy weekend everyone!!

BA

B
OP Offline
B
Seems I was in such a hurry to go have fun that I forgot a word (off) in that second to last sentence! smile

BA,

We don't have grammar or spelling tests here in the bar. LOL. Hope you had a great day antiquing...

We got D16 into hippo therapy today, and she loved it. While she was riding, Mr. W. and I stood at the fence and had a deep conversation about D19. It was difficult content, and hard for him to hear but he did really well with my updates. I told him I was proud of him for being level headed and not reacting, and I think he was a bit stunned. I guess I need to do a better job thanking him for being a good dad. He's been texting me ever since, and I've at least managed to make him laugh. Ultimately, I think it's hard for dads to watch their little girls grow up.

So 3 cheers for all the good dads down here in surviving!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
OP Offline
B
Betsey,

It's a good thing we don't have grammar and spelling tests - as sentence structure was never one of my strong suits in school! I invariably placed a comma (or didn't place one) where it shouldn't have been and I never did understand the whole dangling particicle thing.

Glad your D16 enjoyed the riding and that Mr W. is being supportive and a good dad. Makes it so much easier when coparenting!

My weekend was ok. I have decided that Vicky and I are not going to make it as a couple. There just isn't any romantic connection there. We would make great friends. Sunday's get together with Jeanette (the NA) was pretty nice. I think there may be potential there. She seems to like me and wants to get together again.

Back to school night this week for my D16 and D15. I have a dinner planned with a friend on Wednesday. Date on Friday and a college campus visit to VCU on Saturday.

Happy Monday to all!

BA

B
OP Offline
B
Hey Betsey and GG - Go Broncos tonight!!! smile

K
K
"the whole dangling particicle thing." -- comment coming from Wii in 5,4,3...

"In a ham and eggs breakfast, the hen is involved, but the pig is committed".
W
W
Hey, with Fran out there on the loose he better not leave his particle thing dangling! (did I do good lol?)

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
G
Broncos did great and didn't leave anything hanging...I think?! smile

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10