Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
B
OP Offline
B
I agree Betsey that when people start sending out email addresses right away it sends up a red flag, however with this person I think she is very new to these sites and it is simply a reflection of her being more comfortable communicating offline. We will see but trust me I will be very quick to shut it down if I suspect otherwise.

As for the NA, she is a Jeanette and not a Dori - I'm taking it that is a good thing and I should stay away from NAs named Dori? smile

BA,

Do you have a sanitized e-mail account? I do... good luck! Keep yourself and your girls safe!

Quote:
I'm taking it that is a good thing and I should stay away from NAs named Dori?

LOL, if she goes by Dorothy (her legal name) or you find out she's married to a guy named Andrew, YES! grin

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
W
Hey, any woman that tells you she's "enamoured" with you after seeing one photo is whacked! I had a woman once message me that she put a photo on her profile because my account won't allow contact without a photo. So she found one and put it up so she could message me. The photo was of her and an Elvis impersonator...and he had the upper hand in looks! I thanked her for contacting me but I didn't see a match. I thanked her for sharing her photo with me and wrote "Elvis rocks"! She messaged back "lol, he sure does!". She took it well. The only women I've had who wanted email contact or texting is after we messaged back and forth a few times and they feel a bit at ease. I think I'd pass, it's not like you are lacking in other possibilities!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
I have recently dipped my toes into the Match waters. There are some seriously strange people out there. Good thing my BS meter is well tuned from the adventures of MLC!!

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

W
W
I don't think giving an email address is a bad thing. I have two email accounts. My regular one for regular stuff and the one I use for others. Others is stuff like anything I do online.

I am ready to quit online dating for awhile. At least until I get my "crazy magnet" under control.....

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
S
S
I had an email acct only for online dating. It helped to keep it all separate & easier to check on what was happening. Don't want any of the crazies messing in my business.

Barb

B
OP Offline
B
Yes I also have an account that I use for online dating and also for stores who pester me about getting on their email list. Keeps most of the junk out of my main email account.

I've given it out to Fran who has sent me a photo and emailed me twice now. Physically she is the type of woman that I would be interested in meeting, however she is a bit overly eager which worries me a bit. However, I'm trying to keep an open mind. She says I'm the first profile she's seen that seemed kind, compassionate and I didn't look "scary". Not sure what not looking scary means. No date planned with her yet.

The Nurse Anethesist's name is Jeanette and her emails seem to resonate with a lot of positive energy. She has a great sense of humor as well. We've set up a get together for Sunday. I'm looking forward to that.

Vicky wants to go with me out on Saturday (so yes it's looking to be a busy weekend). I always enjoy the conversation we have, there just has been absolutely zerio romantic tendencies in all 4 of our "dates." I've been the only one who has even tried to flirt a little bit, without any response - but she is the one who is voicing a desire to get together again. Perhaps we will just become good friends, which is fine.

BA

G
G
My 2 cents...

I absolutely, 100% understand what Fran is saying. I've been on several online dating sites and in my 'regular' life I would never cross paths with some of the people I've seen on them. AND, I'm glad of that! smile It has surprised me the men who will contact me and think I would be interested. In the next breath, I'm willing to give a guy a chance, but sometimes there's just no way. People can be whoever they want to be online (like that Brad Paisley song) and I, unfortunately, have seen more than my share. What does "scary" mean? Sometimes there's just an 'energy' around someone (even in a [photo) where you just know they have a hidden agenda. It's sad that this is the way we are almost forced to meet another single person these days.

I say give her a chance...it's just a date. smile

I'm off today again due to the rain and looking for someone who might want to play nine (if I can find an open golf course!). smile
I'm still hoping I run into someone that way....

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
B
OP Offline
B
I've had the same experience out here. It's obvious that some people never actually read my profile because if they did they would realize that they have none of the characteristics that I am looking for. In the beginning I would reply back to everyone who sent me an email and take the time to politely and respectfully try to explain why I wasn't interested in meeting them. However after getting a couple of not so pleasant responses back, I simply just hit block user most of the time now.

Originally Posted By: Golfgirl1
I'm off today again due to the rain and looking for someone who might want to play nine (if I can find an open golf course!). smile
I'm still hoping I run into someone that way....

I would love to be playing golf today - let me look at the available flights... wink

Hope you get out on the course today GG!

BA

W
W
I used to reply too, BA. I thought it was polite to acknowledge people who had at least made the effort to message me but then had the same experience as you did so I stopped. Personally, I've had a couple of very nice rejection messages from ladies in the past and I felt good that they'd recognized my effort but some people just aren't in that space.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard