Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
J
J
I am in awe of you guys <<<<<not a runner.......

T
Tallula Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Ha, Inside. I do have to say, now that race season is kicking off...I'm a bit bummed. I'm doing some 10ks, but this year I was going to start doing triathalons. Now, I'm a year out and wondering how I will do that training as a single mom of 3...sigh.

M: 9 yrs
T: 13 yrs
H:34 Me:35, S4, D2, S 7 months
Dday 11/12-PA & multiple PAs
Dbing 12/12
S 1/13
7/13 H moved back in basement.
8/13 #3 born
10/13 still cheating
10/13 He moves across country, I file for D
M
M
T... how are you doing? Does h know you are now DONE? Whats he like?

M:46 H:49 T:20yrs
myD:22
H distant summer/12
H sleeping in b'ment: Nov/12
BD: Dec 2/12
asked me begin to move end of Jan/13
moved Jan 7/13 (left my stuff)
"agreed" to "working on r" Mar 3/13(lipservice!)
S
S
I did the foam roller again Saturday and OMG did it hurt!!! I don't remember it being that bad the first time I hurt it, I was almost in tears. Funny story, my S5 sensed weakness and dive bombed me on the floor and is still claiming a wrestling victory, even told grandma last night on the phone that he beat me smile. The pain is a little less everyday plus lots of ice. If adversity and pain fosters growth I'm expecting a lot of growth this Saturday...

IO - I was never a distance runner until about a year ago. I started with the couch to 5K and got hooked after about a month. Joining a running club is a great way to meet new people also. When I started last year someone told me that runners only talk about running when not running but as soon as they start running they talk about life. It's true!!!

Tallula - If I know anything about you, I'm guessing you'll find a way to do that triathalon. Have faith

Personality is who the world sees, character is who you are

Turn your trials into your testimonies

Don't believe everything you think

Expectations are resentments waiting to happen
B
B
Also not a runner, but fancy myself to be every time I hit the treadmill which is about 2 x every three months lol

Tallula you are sounding great. IMO, using anger as a shield and not the dreaded sword, is one of the most effective techniques to use when protecting yourself (not that I always am able to employ it myself).

wondering how I will do that training as a single mom of 3....

Dont borrow trouble from the future....you are blossoming in the here and NOW.

xxx

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
T
Tallula Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: bustingout

Dont borrow trouble from the future....you are blossoming in the here and NOW.

xxx

Your are right. If I think of everything I'm going to face, I'll be in a ball on the floor...and I"m not a ball on the floor type a gal. I'm pretty amazing...so I figure I'll find a way. Kidding. But I have amazing people in my life, so I know I have help. Right now, I need to just think about how awesome it is to be able to plop my kids in the double jogger tonight and run. The weather is awesome! But S4 could use some thinning out...

Dbing 12/12
S 1/13
8/13 #3 born
10/13 still cheating
K
K
Originally Posted By: Tallula

T-

You will definitely be able to do it! Since you are already a solid long distance runner, you will be able to do a Sprint Tri with your eyes closed. Probably won't even need to train much (in terms of endurance). Just attend one or two clinics on open water swimming, race transitions and equipment and you can do it.

I transitioned from running to triathlons just a little before D5 was born. I was working 60+ hrs. a week at the time, so I stuck with just a few Sprint races each season. It wasn't till a few years later that I ventured into the Olympic distance.

Then I scaled back to Sprint again when S1 was born. Then last year I didn't do any - it was way too much, but this season I am doing 2 races in late Summer. No time to do too much, but I still want to set goals and accomplish them.

Just like running - just start slow and steady. I think you will LOVE doing triathlons. The camaraderie is just incredible. Join your local Triathlon club - great social activities, training partners, clinics and events. Perfect combination of social and exercise GAL...

(((((tallula)))))

Me & H: 44
D7, D6, S3
Together: 20y, M: 17y
EA: 11/13/10, Sep: 12/23/10
EA becomes PA: Spring 2011
H filed for D: 09/06/12
D Negotiating began 2/15
OW seemingly gone on 3/15
Still negotiating D

T
T
Tallula
You are amazing, a true inspiration. Think of the example you are showing your kids. How to stand up for yourself, how not to tolerate disrespectful behavior. Plus you deserve a chance at a happy relationship, and so do they deserve the chance to be a part of that some day.

T
Tallula Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks, KG!! I was a competitive swimmer growing up, so I know I can do it. I just get a little bummy thinking of working & with the kids and trying to fit in much me time. And I'm NOT buying a triple jogging stroller. My double was crazy expensive enough.

Ha. Tig. You seriously made me cry. So many moments I feel so weak, but I am strong. I deserve better, my kids deserve the WORLD!!! We will survive and thrive from this, I will make sure of it!!

So I just have to laugh and share this. I texted H a pic of the kids this morning. I kept the exchange completely about the kids, very one word. I posted on it earlier. Then I get this a few hours ago

H:How about XZY?

A baby name suggestion

I texted back a few names I LOVE and he texts this:

H: all of those names mean gay or getting his butt whipped in school. XYZ name it is!

I haven't answered. God, why did I marry this guy, ha. I mean, how is Gus a girlie name? Anywho, I want to text back, why don't we ask girlfriend #1, she picks fabulous names... FYI-her kids names are ridiculous. I won't post them, but one is like naming your kid Brick. It's a type of metal. But, alas. I went NC. Maybe I'll just name the kid myself...

Dbing 12/12
S 1/13
8/13 #3 born
10/13 still cheating
S
S
Omg what a cruel thing to say, I'd love to put my heel up his crack right now smile

Me 29
H 28
M 9
T 11
No kids
2 dogs
H moved in with parents 3/21/13
H wants a D 4/2/13
D Filed 4/5/13
Served 4/17/13
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis