Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
S
S
i admire your strength. i'm glad you've got your friend back, too.

M:63
H:53
S:41, SS:28, SS:25, SD:23
M:15
T:16

Bomb:12/17/11, "I think we should go our separate ways."
H moves to his mother's house, 4/1/12
12/21/12: H moves back home, piecing

J
J
Check out "I Love It" by Icona Pop. Play it...alot and sing the lyrics as loudly as possible...trust me on this lol!!!

T
Tallula Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Inside Out
Check out "I Love It" by Icona Pop. Play it...alot and sing the lyrics as loudly as possible...trust me on this lol!!!

This is the second song on my new running mix right after carry on by Fun... I DON'T CARE...I LOVE IT!!!

M: 9 yrs
T: 13 yrs
H:34 Me:35, S4, D2, S 7 months
Dday 11/12-PA & multiple PAs
Dbing 12/12
S 1/13
7/13 H moved back in basement.
8/13 #3 born
10/13 still cheating
10/13 He moves across country, I file for D
A
A
Tallula, I signed up for a 5K in one month and I haven't run or jogged in over a year. What should I do? Help! My fallback option is just walk in the 5K when I need to, but I'd kind of like to get back to my old time, which is a hair under 40 minutes. I'm short so I'm slow.

How are you doing today?

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
T
Tallula Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: adinva
Tallula, I signed up for a 5K in one month and I haven't run or jogged in over a year. What should I do? Help! My fallback option is just walk in the 5K when I need to, but I'd kind of like to get back to my old time, which is a hair under 40 minutes. I'm short so I'm slow.

How are you doing today?

Google "couch to 5k" It is an interval training program that is 6 weeks long. It is to get you from literally laying on the couch, to running a 5k. Since you are not, in fact, laying around on the couch, you should be good. I have worked about 10 moms through this who never ran...4 have now ran half marathons!!! The others still run 5ks, several are running one with me on saturday. You'll do great!!

I'm great, actually. The longer NC goes on, the better I feel. S4 was discussing his birthday party, which is a year away :), and was listing all the people that he wants to come. Then he goes "Oh, MY DAD!! But he lives far away." I told him that of course his dad will come because he loves him so much!! The cool part...no pang of hurt in my heart. No "But maybe..." Just calm. This [censored], I hate it for my kids, but it's the right thing for me. I texted H a pic of the kids and said I'd have them call him tonight to chat and say goodnight. He responded that that was really cool and thoughtful. I thought, yes H, those are the words I would use to describe me. LOL. I didn't respond further.

Journal:

I will say that I am dealing with some anger at him. But using it as a shield...thanks guys!! After talking with my friend, and really getting away from him and his manipulative emotional blackmail...I can really see the sitch. He only told me about OW because her XH was going to tell me. Then sat around and tried to figure out who would be the best option for his MAIN cake. He tried me on again, until I set the transparency boundaries. Now he is trying to keep both OW and myself on the hook, while starting with the nurse. He is a liar. I will no longer listen to words, only watch his actions. I'm mad. But, realistic. He is here to stay, but I will no longer allow myself to be pulled in by him.

I'm not an option anymore. I don't think he gets it yet. I think things may get nasty once he really sees that. I'm telling people that we are separated, now I can truly get all the support I need. No more pretending. With each person I tell, another brick is pulled off of me. I can breathe. It feels amazing!

Dbing 12/12
S 1/13
8/13 #3 born
10/13 still cheating
J
J
Try the couch potato to 5K...and use the 5K as a training run, since that program is a 10 week. That is the one that got me running last summer and now have a half marathon in two weeks smile

S
S
Tallula -
Been following ya but haven't posted in a while. Just wanted to say I'm glad you sound so good. Anger, as a shield, isn't a bad thing in my opinion. Keep up the good work and stay strong.

All this running talk has me wanting to run today. I hurt my I-T band a few weeks ago and took time off to rehab. It was feeling better so I ran 5 miles Saturday and OUCH!!! Taking this week off because I have a 10k this Saturday. W is running it also and wants to run together so we'll look like the walking wounded. Figure I should try since it's something we can do together and not have to talk...

Personality is who the world sees, character is who you are

Turn your trials into your testimonies

Don't believe everything you think

Expectations are resentments waiting to happen
J
J
Maybe it only seemed like a ten week program lmao!!! Maybe because I stalled a bit because I am actually lazy.....

But, I have given to a few friends and it worked for me...6 weeks? Really? Seemed so much longer lmao!!

T
Tallula Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Inside Out
Maybe it only seemed like a ten week program lmao!!! Maybe because I stalled a bit because I am actually lazy.....

But, I have given to a few friends and it worked for me...6 weeks? Really? Seemed so much longer lmao!!

You know what, it may be 8 or 10...I modified it to a 6 week program smile When I train for marathons I ususally follow a 12 week program. The longer the better for time. But if your goal is to run it the whole time, interval training will get you there!

Dbing 12/12
S 1/13
8/13 #3 born
10/13 still cheating
T
Tallula Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Spartan
Tallula -
Been following ya but haven't posted in a while. Just wanted to say I'm glad you sound so good. Anger, as a shield, isn't a bad thing in my opinion. Keep up the good work and stay strong.

All this running talk has me wanting to run today. I hurt my I-T band a few weeks ago and took time off to rehab. It was feeling better so I ran 5 miles Saturday and OUCH!!! Taking this week off because I have a 10k this Saturday. W is running it also and wants to run together so we'll look like the walking wounded. Figure I should try since it's something we can do together and not have to talk...

Oooh, I T band injuries...not fun. I had a hip flexor injury last year and that is when I became a religious foam roller. All I know, is when I first foam rolled my IT band...I almost passed out. And I've birthed a baby with not epidural... Good luck, man! H and I are both long distance runners and ran together all the time. We still wore our ipods, it was just nice to do things together.

Dbing 12/12
S 1/13
8/13 #3 born
10/13 still cheating
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis