Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
job Offline
Barb,
I will keep C in my prayers and hope that somehow God can reach her before it is too late. She has two wonderful daughters who want to see her live and maybe, just maybe something will trigger a "survival mode" response in her. I'm sorry that this has happened to her.

I am sure you've been smiling quite a bit about Nurse Agency owner's last day and the 4 months that she will be away. I'm glad you took the high road and wished her well. She's another one that needs prayers. Maybe being gone for 4 months will set the tone for her to opt to retire or sell her business after she realizes what a "stress free" environment she will be in while away. Let's pray on that one.

I'm sure the former student and what she did to you bothered you for a very long time. It was a very dirty and underhanded way to do things. I guess my first reaction would be why is she contacting you now? To rub salt in the old wound or she needed someone to brag to? It could be that she's reaching out to you because she feels guilty or she needs something from you. I'm sure you took the high road when posting back to her as well. You finally got some closure on it. Now, you are under no obligation to post to her again.

Yes, you are correct...when things happen, they usually come in threes. Time will tell as to who it is.

Enjoy your day and know that you are a very special person to all of us.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Snodderly - you make me feel good on this lovely Friday. I have always respected and appreciated you as well.

I think guilt has the best of my former student. And a bit of arrogance.

I chose not to reply. The way it was written was so childish - lots of "Shouting" - emphasis in caps about how I must HATE her and how I don't need to respond. In my heart I know that she is lying to me as she outlines how all her plans came together after she had told me she was leaving but I lived through it and know it is all lies. Any attempt to "correct" her version of history would lead to mud slinging and although it took me a long time to get past this - I don't want to open a healing wound. I know that Karma will get her in the end. She is a phoney!

Feeling badly for my daughter as her visit with her dad was stressful. As she said - I don't see him for 2 months - then he pulls this. But dealing with him has given her some broad shoulders and I think she handles it well. She was also seriously affected by former student when she left and she has dealt with more of the fallout than me, really as the people who left go see her in her store all the time. Former student emailed her last year at Christmas to ask her if she hated her. If she was just being nice to her because she was a customer in her store. Ashley is about 7 years younger than this girl but she responded to her in a much more mature way. I am glad I left my hometown with this continuing nonsense. I have much more peace in my new life.

Barb

job Offline
Barb,
You did the right thing in not responding to your former student. She is feeling very guilty, but the "shouting" is what gets me. Like the mlcers, if she were as happy as a pig in mud, she wouldn't be bragging or "shouting" about her business. Something is up w/her and the more distance that you put between the two of you, the better. I'm glad you moved too. This would have been ongoing and you don't need any additional stressors in your life.

Ashley has grown into a very mature and beautiful young lady. She's learned a lot from her mom and she's have a safe and loving home environment to grow up in. I'm sorry her father was acting like an @ss once again, but I believe that Ashley will set him straight in her own way. As a father, he's lost his way and will never return.

Karma has a way of taking care of things if we get out of the way and allow her to work her magic in her own time.

Take care of yourself.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
S
Yay for you taking the high road. I am sorry to hear about your daughter and her dad. Seems mine is on that path as well. He can't hold it temper. UGH!

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

S
OP Offline
S
Sandy,

I'm sorry your daughter is also experiencing the wrath of your ex. Ashley said her dad apologized profusely throughout her meal but once it has happened - it's hard to have an appetite. I just remember time and time again that this happened with him. Such a dick!

Chuck is going to turn 60 next month. And he is still angry and immature. I remember when he pulled his temper fits when he was 19 and figured it was the age. I was wrong!

8.5 years with Josh and I have never seen him lose his temper. It is a calm way of life I never knew. It allows you to "trust" that what is happening will remain the same. With ex - I never knew from one minute to the next. When he came through the door after work - we never knew if he was going to be the fun, loving, happy husband/dad or the miserable, nasty, depressed one. It has been wonderful to learn that there is a different type of guy out there.

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Yes Snodderly - you are right. Someone so very happy with themself and their accomplishments would not be dancing in my face - tearing me down while building up herself. It was late at night when she wrote it. That tells me her conscience is getting her down. She could have been drinking too.

But I took the high road. I did not/will not reply. I feel good about that decision.

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Chuck messaged me more than a week ago that he wanted to see Ryan on the w/e. I told him I didn't have the workers booked for enough hours that day (as Ryan is in Respite Care). I told him I would see if they could do it this Saturday. Then Chuck fell off the face of the Earth (as he sometimes does). So I don't know whether he wants to see him or not. I have extra hours booked anyway because whether he sees him or not - Ryan will be attending the very first Santa Claus in our small town. It is at 6 PM so the visit would be over by then. I am excited as it is hosted by our Lions Club of which I became a member last year. This is the life I always hoped to have. One with smalltown community spirit. Something I want to contribute to. I have also had a couple of invites to lunch with girlfriends when I get back. It was the right thing for me to leave my city and make a new life.

And Josh is picking me up at the airport. He will have my sweet babies - Blu & Riley in the car. I can't wait to see all of them - it has been 3 weeks!

And life goes on. And life is good!

Barb

job Offline
Barb,
Yes, life is good. I am so happy to hear that Ryan will be attending the very first Santa Claus in your town. The Lions Club is a wonderful community of people who are very dedicated to helping others. I'm glad you became a member because you have so much to offer others.

Definitely do the invites for lunch. It will do you a world of good to meet up w/old friends and relax just a little bit. BTW, I'm sure your babies can't wait to see you too. I'm sure Josh has taken very good care of them, but mommy always does it better when it comes to those two kitties. Josh will be happy to see you return home as I am sure he's missed you too!

Enjoy the life that you have made for yourself....you have earned it! Travel safely.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Snodderly. I missed the word Parade. There are visits with Santa but the big deal is the parade - at night - with lights. So pretty. Then Santa, hot dogs and hot chocolate. I like in such a pretty little village. We are getting our lights up too - I got the lights last year that look like real icicles with the lights going down them - had them on the eaves but Josh went to get more for across the front of the garage (closest to the street) and it will be SO pretty. I also got a lit deer. Used to have them at the other house but gave them away. I wanted one back and bought it at a charity auction.

Yesterday I did my first volunteer work in Fort Myers. Helped decorate a tree at the Art Museum to be auctioned off for charity. It was fun and I saw many beautiful trees.

Loving Florida but missing the kitties. Just picked up their Christmas gifts and got one a Santa Hat with beard and the other a Snowman hat with snow body. I'm sure they'll thank me for that. NOT!

Hope life is treating you well. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Barb

job Offline
Your kitties will be the best dressed holiday cats out there! LOL!

I'm sure you are missing Josh, family, home and kitties. Three weeks is a long time to be away from all of them. Sounds like you've got a lot of decorating to do when you return home, but I'm sure you enjoy every minute of it.

It's nice to volunteer isn't it? I'm sure the tree looked beautiful and you got a lot of nice ideas for your home while looking around.

I hope the weather holds so that Ryan can go to the parade. He's missed out on a lot over the years due to illness. As for his father, he'll contact you again about seeing Ryan when the notion strikes him. He doesn't realize what a very special young man your son is.

Enjoy the holiday season!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard