Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
L
LITB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: alamo76
Nicely done, LITB. Keep us posted when you can. You're doing us proud, buddy! (And thanks for reposting the marriage prayer.)

Thanks Alamo. Will do.

Me:45 ExW:48
M:04/97
3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
S
S
jb, I am humbled that so many people were able to use that. There are times when I feel "led" to put something out there, and I remember that when I did that with LITB was one of those times. I never dreamed, however, that the "audience" would extend beyond him.

God is mighty, and wise!

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
B
B
Amazing! Amazing news! Thank you for sharing and keep us posted. You stayed positive and focused early on and it paid off. You did a great job and are an amazing dad.

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

S
S
Congrats!!

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
P
P
How did you hold out hope?

J
J
Great to hear!!! Congratulations!

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11
Retrouvaille 4/13/12--and the healing begins as we begin a new journey together!

R
R
I'm so happy for you, LITB. This is amazing news!!! I am looking forward to hearing the rest of your story in the coming days.

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
S
S
Congrats, I will have to look your story up. Maybe you can give me the help and encouragment I need.

ME 31 / W 29
M 7 / T 13
S 3 / S 5
NOT HAPPY 11/11
BOMB 12/27/11
MOVED OUT 2/12
THINKS D WOULD BE BEST FOR HER 5/14/12
W Files D 6/24/12
L
LITB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I appreciate all of the kind words.

First part of my sitch since my last thread:

I’ll break up the details as there are many. I’m trying to give the abbreviated version….

In January my W confirmed relationship with OM. It was what I had suspected since March of last year. That was about where I left my last thread at.

I let this new revelation sink in. I processed the hurt and the anger. A few weeks later, I realized that I hadn’t thought about my W or my sitch very much or at all. As I believe TrueGritter mentioned in one of his threads, the switch just happened without me even knowing exactly when. I found myself in a good place. At that point we had been separated for over 14 months.

At the end of February, I decided to throw my hat into the dating scene. I began dating someone exclusively who is from NM and immediately started a relationship. I admittedly took on more than I could chew. Too quickly anyway. It was nice to get the attention that I had been missing for a long time.

In any event, I had re-activated my facebook account around the same time. Before updating my relationship status, I sent my W this email:

W,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you. Thank you for telling me about your relationship with OM. It’s the best thing you could have done for me. It allowed me to process all of my feelings and completely let you go. I find myself in a really great place these days. I have no regrets and I can now look forward to what life has in store for me. Things are slowly beginning to take shape. God is truly wonderful.

I sincerely wish you all of the happiness in the world. I hope and pray that you continue to walk closely with the Lord throughout the rest of your life. There is no greater gift than his unconditional love. I am extremely grateful that you help foster D9 and S6 spiritual growth, because this life is just a dress rehearsal for eternal life. You know how important that is to me.

I want you to know that there is someone new in my life. She is very special and definitely a keeper. She is a Christian, which is one of the most important traits that I had hoped for in a partner. She brings a lot of great qualities into my life and is extremely considerate of my situation and our children. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I wanted you to hear this from me.

Thank you for 15 great years and especially blessing me with D9 and S6. I love them with all I have and will continue to be the best dad possible.

I hope you are having a great day.

Best Regards,
LITB

My W’s reply:
LITB,
I just returned from lunch and read your email three times and smiled more and more each time and shed some tears.
You have no idea how much this email means to me and that we have reached a point that we can have a relationship that we are able to communicate to one another. You will be forever in my life because of D9 and S6 and it gives me great peace that we will always be there for them as Mom and Dad.
My faith has kept me strong and I will continue to walk closely with the Lord. God has blessed me with so much and I am truly grateful. It brings me great joy to see D9 and S6 grow spiritually; you and I are the reason for that.
I am so happy for you that you have found someone special and most importantly a Christian; and I thank you for telling me personally. You are an amazing man and you deserve the very best.
And thank you for the past 15 years.... You and I are where we are today because of each other and having D9 and S6 ~ there just are not enough words to describe how blessed we are to have them both. They bring us so much joy and remind us how precious life is.
Continue to walk with the Lord by your side as he guides you to eternal life… God is good… Live right by him…
~ W

More to follow……..(my facebook relationship status change)

3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
L
LITB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Before I get too far into the details, it wasn’t until my complete focus was taken off of my W that things began to shift. I began to live for me and our kids. I was out of my W’s way to live her life and to live with the consequences of her decisions.

I began doing everything separate from my W. There had to be boundaries. She wanted to do birthday parties together and I let her know that I would be doing something separate of her. It was our new life.

3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard