Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
K
Congrats to you and Josh!!

Barb, you've always been such a dear friend and a ray of sunshine , since the first time I gathered the courage to come on to this board, almost 9 yrs ago! (yikes!) you were the first to post to me and you are the first person i met from here (IRL)
We've watched each other and our friends here go thru sooo much, tears and fears and laughter and love! They told us it would get better and they were right!

Sorry about the incident at dinner, but glad you had a nice weekend!
Life after D is pretty damn peachy for sure!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

G
G
Wii,
What's THAT supposed to mean...
;-)

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
K
K
Barb, thanks for being such an inspiration. While I was first going through the divorce, I would think who could possibly want me if the scum of the earth doesn't want me? Ok so that is just another example of his poor judgement. smile

Then I thought who is going to be willing to take on me and my 4 kids? No, noone special yet but my kids are older now and if raising them doesn't seem so scary to me now perhaps there is a wonderful guy who will think the same way.

I am not in any rush. It is going to fall into place when it is supposed to. He divorecd me just after I turned 44. I've got time.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
K
***divorced** give us back the edit buttion. I can spell, just not so great at the typing. lol

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
OP Offline
S
Lynn,

SO great to hear how wonderful things are going in your life. 57 meet up groups? Seriously? WOW!

I think that a lot of the more "daring" things we do - we might not have done if we had stayed married. We got out of our "comfort" zone and pushed ourselves to places we'd never dreamed of.

There are many ways to become a Success Story. Attitude is everything!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Karen,

I remember when you came to the board. I was about 18 months ahead of you and could really relate to your shock. (I think that was about 18 months later).

You have been a friend that it has been fun to grow with. To communicate with on a pretty much daily basis since. Hey - that means we've been friends about 9 years - right?

We've come a long way baby. Bet you're glad in a way that it happened, right? Just like me!

Enjoy your new vacuum cleaner.

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Kat: It sure knocks your socks off and reduces your self esteem to ZERO but fortunately - only in the beginning.

I think there is a right person out there if we REALLY want to find them but they don't just fall out of the sky - if you know what I mean.

Like you - I put my kids first. No way I was going to move some guy into my house while I still had my daughter growing up. And whoever I connected with would have to accept Ryan - or it would never work because my 3 kids are a part of ME just as your 4 are a part of YOU. I do think it is harder to date when you're a parent and you have so many responsibilities to your children but it can be done.

Regardless - I think you are doing fabulous! It's not easy raising 4 on your own but I will bet that you will reap a lot of rewards. I know that I do. And they KNOW who did the hard work!

Barb

K
K
Hahhaaha Jills making fun of my new vacuum cleaner if you read haha thanks Barb
Yes you are right, it was painful and i still feel bad for the rather strained R between Ry and his dad but for me? a man who really loves me, sometimes i have to pinch myself! i'm not damaged after all! smile

See ya on the alt!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Karen - your ex was a total idiot to let you go. Bob found a gem and he was smart enough to realize it and I'm so happy to see how good he treats you.

Life can be better after divorce!

Barb

W
W
Originally Posted By: Golfgirl1
Wii,
What's THAT supposed to mean...
;-)

Uh, just trying to add some fiber to the thread...it's all I had, slow day lol!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard