Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#2234682 04/01/12 01:14 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Life After Divorce can be wonderful. But like everything - it's all in the mindset. You get out of life what you put into it. It's how you handle your lemons that counts.

I met Josh 8 years ago today. Actually we had met online but our first date and in person meeting was on April Fool's Day. And it was wonderful. And we never looked back.

When my ex sailed off into the sunset with maggot - I cringed at the thought of ever dating again. Who would want ME???? I was 45, overweight and had 3 kids at home including one severely handicapped. Even my best friend said no guy would want me with the burden of my son. BOY WAS SHE WRONG!

I never even thought of dating for the first couple of years but then I decided to give it a shot and after meeting a few lemons - I found my lemonade!

So - just a reminder that after the dust settles - it's up to YOU to make your life go the way you want it to. There are no guarantees in life. You can go around feeling sorry for yourself forever. No one is going to make your life fabulous - that's YOUR job.

Figure out what you want in your life. A new significant other is not always the number one thing. Fix the things you can. Accept the things you can't fix.

I only have one life and I've had more setbacks than many people. But there was no way I was going to let what ex did to me, define me! I am SO much more than that.

So - here's to a better life for everyone here. Spring = New Beginnings. I want to hear what you are doing to make yours better.

I'll start.

More time this Spring to work on my hobbies (which is more like play).

More time to enjoy my new home without the work of MOVING!

Continuing to make new friends in my new community.

Barb

Barb,

I remember every step of your relationship with Josh ... I can't believe it was 8 YEARS ago! Congratulations! You deserve the best!

♥░H░A░P░P░Y░♥ ♥░A░N░N░I░V░E░R░S░A░R░Y░♥

Love,

Summer

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you, Summer! I hope you are doing well. What are the numbers for?

Barb

#2234784 04/02/12 02:01 AM
F
F
Congrats Barb!!!

since my divorce, I have found a wonderful and amazing best friend who also happens to be an amazing and wonderful partner.

we combined our families

moved

bought our own house (a 1st for both of us)

and

have a beautiful baby (well toddler now!!!)

I have my dream job and Cori is working toward his...

and

best of all

we have ourselves and each other!!!

Life is better than I knew to even hope for

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Gineen!

Hope this Spring is wonderful for you and Miss Gabby!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Fig!

You and Cori have both found happiness in each other and have done an amazing job of combining and raising 4 kids - never an easy task.

I like what you said about finding an amazing best friend. That's what Josh calls me - his best friend ever. I think I feel much more like a friend and equal partner with him than I ever did with my husband. I think that makes an incredible difference.

Cheers!

Barb

A
A
Hey Barb. I saw that you asked about me on the topless flasher's thread! I'm doin' OK. Just takin' a break from the board. I hope all is well with you.

S
OP Offline
S
Antlers: I'm glad you're doing ok. I'm doing great, thanks! I did have some excitement on the weekend, though.

On Friday a guy ran across our lawn (by the lake). We were playing Scrabble by the window and wondered "what the heck"? Because all the properties in the direction he was running from are vacant as they are summer cottages. That night we learned on the news (yes - they named our street and all) that he had broken into and was apparently living in one of them. Sheesh - and I am alone most nights! UGH!

Then on Saturday we went out for an elegant dinner and while Josh was in the restroom, the curtain rod, crown holding etc came crashing down, landing right on my shoulder. It was 16 feet long and full of finishing nails. (although it did not appear to have been screwed in anywhere if you can believe it). It was quite a shock and hurt a little bit. After ensuring I was ok - we got our anniversary meal free. They did phone yesterday to check on me which was nice. It was so WEIRD!

Besides that - I'm doing great and happy to be going shopping today.

Barb

G
G
Barb,
Thanks for the great post!

Hmm...next month will be three years since he left and two since the divorce.

Life is FABULOUS!!

I found amazing, beautiful, intelligent, sassy girlfriends who are adventurous and daring and we do so many fun and crazy things together. I cherish these friendships and work hard to maintain them.

I took up CrossFit and am stronger than I ever imagined.

I've learned to rely on ME for all the answers are inside of me.

I joined a new church and 57 meetup groups...always something to do!

I've learned to "let go" and just let life happen....

I've ventured into the world of online dating and I joined a matchmaking service. I've learned I'm rather 'picky' at this stage of my life and will NOT settle for less than what I deserve. Still looking...

I took golf lessons and consistently drive almost 200 yards!

I've snowshoed, rappelled in Moab, and hiked a 13'er.

I mentored women going through a divorce.

I make my healing and my life a priority. I believe in myself and all the goodness life and God has in store for me.

smile Lynn

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
W
W
...and I've learned to put Psyllium buds on my cereal!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard