Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
T
T
Originally Posted By: J
did I think that was reasonable.

Well that was nice. really.

Just keep your cool like we have been telling you.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
J
jlove Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Truegritter
Originally Posted By: J
did I think that was reasonable.

Well that was nice. really.

Just keep your cool like we have been telling you.

TG, I never know if it;s your sarcasm or not w/ me. I worked for 6 hours last night cleaning out home office out and she told me this morning, "wow, it looks great" She is noticing these Acts of Service.
I'm working on me harder than anything I've done before so I'll come out of this on top whatever happens!

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11
Retrouvaille 4/13/12--and the healing begins as we begin a new journey together!

T
T
I was being serious. It was nice that she is noticing

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
J
jlove Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Truegritter
I was being serious. It was nice that she is noticing

Thought so, thanks again for all your sage advice. Somehow, although I have my moments, it gets a little better each day.

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11
Retrouvaille 4/13/12--and the healing begins as we begin a new journey together!

J
jlove Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Been doing early spring cleaning all weekend and after Church today I dove right in. I've been throwing a ton of old stuff out and took out lots of trash a vacuumed a ton too. I was wrapping up and washing my hands and realized my wedding band fell off!! I got that put in my stomach like oh no, this cannot be a good sign thinking I'd have to search thru tons of trash bags, etc. I reached into my pockets by chance 1st and sure enough there it was in one of my pockets. I for sure didn't take it off and put it there! I've lost so much weight like all of us, it slips off at times. I guess providence is on my side here.
I've been thinking lately that God will not let my family go and wants to see us together. My W is very religious too, and I know she is praying often, I just have to keep telling myself that she's battling her own issues too here and in her heart of hearts doesn't want to give up either. I just have to be the rock in our R right now to see us thru, I think. I know she's been the rock before in our family, so I guess turnabout is fair play.

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11

L
L
Put that ring in a safe place until you can get it sized to fit. I am traveling and checking in on my phone so I didnt read your whole thread. It sounds to me like you might be able to get her to agree to go to Retrouvaille with you. They work wonders in just a weekend. Look it up online and check for weekend dates near you. Be sure to read about the 4 stages of love.

J
jlove Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Lotus
Put that ring in a safe place until you can get it sized to fit. I am traveling and checking in on my phone so I didnt read your whole thread. It sounds to me like you might be able to get her to agree to go to Retrouvaille with you. They work wonders in just a weekend. Look it up online and check for weekend dates near you. Be sure to read about the 4 stages of love.

there's one in April. we've talked about it a little, but she has said she needs a little time before she can commit to Retrouvaille. i don't bring it up or counseling anymore. She told D14 who told her to go that she's going though.

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11

L
L
That sounds good. It's good to get the registration in early as you know there are a lot of couples who need help. No matter what happens at Retrovaille, it will help you communicate with each other. Which is a skill you will need for the rest of your lives since you share the same children. Retrouvaille saved my marriage. And at least half of the couples who attended when we did. It improved our lives and our children's lives.

J
jlove Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes, I know but I don't want to pressure her and there's no point in me registering before she is ready to commit to it. She has been a lot warmer towards me lately so she may be starting to move a little, but I don't want to do anything at this point to chase her away. It's hard, but I know I have to be the strong one for me and my family right now. I'd go ahead and register us, but I know she'd think I was pushing her and slide back some...

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11

L
L
Good plan jlove, let her make decisions for her.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard