Lorie - your faith is inspiring. I hope you are finding peace. - IB

M-48/XH-48 M=25/T=28 years
Ds-24,22/S-18
D - 3/11
A Day at a Time
L
L
Thanks IB,

I do have a lot of peace most days. But like you, I still struggle with missing my M and H. But right now I have to say I am glad that I'm not on the crazy train with H. I'm on my own crazy train, and it is taking me for a good ride with God at my side. I bet my ride is better than his ride. Hehe!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20
H gone 11/9/10 lives w/OW

When you forgive,you heal. When you let go,you grow. When you cry to God, you surrender. When you love unconditionally, you show others Christ's love.
G
OP Offline
G
25 yrs that is great you are motivated to hit the gym. I know it has done wonders for my body. I have never looked better.

Lorie that is great that God gave you a sign today. I know it was the little things like this that God showed me that kept me going. All you can do is work on yourself and pray that God work on your h.

IB I know you are going through a rough patch. I am glad you are inspired reading here.

God Bless!

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
actually glam, the SINGLE thing I "liked" about my sitch back then, was how good I looked... cool The grief diet and fanatical exercising has its' advantages...

I'm only half kidding. My thing was that I jogged with my Ipod and had playlists of "optimistic" music, sad music--for times I needed to grieve in private, "romantic" music for me thinking either of h to motivate, or a future OM as yet unknown but picturing myself happy with someone other than h, sometimes helped and music that made me feel fine without any man. Also had books on tape/IPOD and they helped so much. Like books on "Handling Fear & Anger" and "Return to Love" by Marianne Williamson. She's new agey for some but She basically got me to do forgiveness exercises, for lack of a better term. Sometimes my jogs were more like "Fury Runs" wherein I would go and go and go...and you know what I mean. Sometimes they were more like Marches of Sadness", etc. But dang, they helped me, and the whole outlook. But I really liked doing them by myself. It was my only "alone" time.

So simple, yet not so easy.
Like DBing in a way.

Alright (stomping my feet and dusting self off) h is out of town & I am making a change back to the ONE good thing about the MLC. (Plus I refuse to need "hell" in my life to get back in shape). I MUST get in shape even though my life is good...yes, I just read that again and shook my head at myself..wth? Like I NEED to have $%^@#$ to take care of my body? Dang....no, NOT me!

Okay, done! I'm officially on my new program starting tomorrow. H will love that anyhow. He asks me to join him in his workouts but honestly, I have never enjoyed exercising with him. None of the kids do either but We all enjoy Playing sports. I was an athlete in college when h met me. But that's not the same as working out with him. He's like a drill sergeant, although happier. And the "walk runs" are like Bataan Death marches from my Army days. He runs and runs until I feel like I've been in labor only there's no baby reward coming...

No more whining...The concept is worthy. And so am I and it would mean a lot to him. Alright, Thanks for the motivation!!

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
A
A
I agree, I too never looked better in my life. Well, H started exercising and being conscious of his age due to the MLC I guess (and of course with a young OW he was trying to impress), and I followed suit. The grief diet really gets you though....even if I wanted to eat then I could not! I remember the first time I started tasting food again (around 3 months after the bomb, during my b-day)was when I realized that I was getting my will to live back again.

At present, with the grace of God, we are starting to get closer again, and H has decided he is going to try to stick with our M somehow...I pray he won't change his mind and that someday we will work it all out....our appetites has come back full force and we both gained a few pounds....

Me:49 H:45 D:12 M:14 T:18
Bomb: 6/26/10
EA: 9/3/10, fizzled out slowly, now ???
11/5/11 Retrouvaille
Finally piecing....
Its peaceful at last, but we got a looong way to go
G
OP Offline
G
25 yrs that is so inspirational and very similar to what I did sort of. When all this first started I joined a gym. I was so out of shape could hardly walk once around the track. I would go to the gym and walk the track and this is when I did all my praying to God. I would walk and walk for about 30 min to an hour and the whole time praying for God to restore my marriage or what should I do God or give me a sign God to continue standing or I am done God or help me let go God or save me God or whatever I was struggling with.

First of all this built a great relationship with me and God. Second all it did wonders on my body. I lost 43 pounds total, became more confident and have the body more like an athlete or bodybuilder now. It is quite interesting where I have gone with that. So that is one plus that came out of this was I took care of myself on this journey.

This is also one area I don't plan on giving up either, now that h is home. It makes me feel good, self confident, and healthy for my later years. Good job 25 yrs that you are going to get back to working out, but doing it your way and not necessarily your h's way.

Angel I am so excited for what God has plans for your life. Keep praying, keep giving it over to God, don't fear anything in life. God will give you the strength to manage whatever comes your way. I know there is an old saying that God never gives you more than you can handle. Going through this I kept saying this is more than I can truly handle, but in the end God proved me wrong. Maybe I didn't want to handle it, but God did give me the power and strength to persevere and I was graciously rewarded with the return of my h and putting our family back together.

God is so great! I have to keep remembering that and not forgetting where I came from and the pain that I endured. I truly believe God will bless my family with everything we could possibly need. God Bless!

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

A
A
HI Glam girl, you haven't posted for so long! How is it going?

11/5/11 Retrouvaille
Finally piecing....
M
M
Angel, I am glad you posted so it bumped up this thread so I could read it.

Glam, thank you.

mmf

A
A
A testimony to faith.

When I struggle to see if there is anything I can do to controlr my own sitch, I think of people like Glamgirl and decide to just let God handle it all.

11/5/11 Retrouvaille
Finally piecing....
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks all for checking in. When my life is led by God and not me all is good! I don't check here much anymore, but was compelled to check today.

I can't say that bad memories don't creep in at times, but I prayed over the weekend and the scripture the Lord gave me was Psalm 118:24 "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it". So now I just repeat that scripture everytime I start to get confused.

God has reminded me that every time I start going down a negative path to remember this scripture. God is so awesome and continues to heal our marriage everyday.

Even if your marriage is not healed or saved, just having God in your life is all worth it.

Angel you are right, you cannot control anyone nor can you really control your own destiny. Just let God lead you as to what you should be doing and pray for his direction.

MMF I hope you can find some encouraging words here. My life as it is today is all due to God. He was the one that kept me standing and praying and not giving up. He moved mountains for me and I am so grateful for his presence in my life today. I can't lose sight of that.

I know what it's like to feel the hurt and pain from the person you loved the most, but I also know what it is like to be healed and live your life for God and no other.

God Bless you all and I hope you can all find peace with whatever your situation is today. I do believe STRONGLY anything is possible with God. Walk by faith and NOT by sight!

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12