Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
T
OP Offline
T
*I was trying to find some of the poems I previously posted within my threads and I can't frown can anyone help

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
T
OP Offline
T
Just a quick update.
That guy back in January - yeah, not so much.

But a different new guy and it's unlike anything I've ever experierenced. Beyond happy. Endless possibility.
A calmness and peacefulness has entered that I have never known.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
N
N
hoping all the best for you TMW

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
NNP1965 #2142068 03/23/11 04:03 PM
S
S
So happy for you TMW! We all knew it would happen for you if you just let go. Glad that day has finally arrived.

Barb

T
OP Offline
T
Life is so very good smile

S
S
( :

T
OP Offline
T
just need to vent/rant I guess

anyone have any advice on how to stop being angry? I am specifically angry at xbf and myself, specifically for debt and house. I have been trying very very hard to tell myself to live and learn - but it is very difficult when everyday I am bogged down.

Hopefully this will pass in a couple days. Yesterday I exhausted one of my final options regarding the house. I cannot sell, I cannot modify the mortgage, I cannot refinance. I am sort of being punished for being on time with payments, I'm struggling to do so, but I am doing it. Last possibility is a program my friend told me through the Making Homes Affordable. I don't know.
And with the debt, I've tried to consolidate, tried lower interest rates......in these terms I feel stuck.

But other than all of this - I am happy, I am wonderful, I am overjoyed.
(ok, certain time of the month my emotions and thoughts get the best of me and I doubt and worry and overthink) but otherwise....awesome.

thanks for reading, always.

S
S
Hi TMW: I have done the same thing. Held onto too much anger too long. First with Ex. Then with my employees who shafted me and forced the closure of my business. I would lie awake at night just agonizing over it all. So I am NOT good at detaching.

But it is not healthy and I allow myself a minute or 2 of anger then put up the Stop Sign and force myself to "change the channel" - think of something good. Count my blessings. Make plans for the future.

You only have to live one day at a time. You can choose to focus on the positive or the negative. It took a LONG time to get to the point you finally rid yourself of that ass. It will take a LONG time to release all your anger too.

No get out there and smell the flowers! This is May and the sun is shining. Be happy!

Barb

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks as always Barb.

I will try that - I will allow a minute or 2 and then the Stop Sign will be up and I will focus on the best thing in my life right now - my guy.
Honestly, he sounds too good to be true but he is 120% real. He is honest, caring, kind, understanding. He is on the same page in terms of feelings for each other. Open communication. It's all the things I wanted, needed - and things I didn't even know I wanted or needed - all wrapped up into my big teddy bear.

N
N
...things you couldn't have cuz you were holding so tight to what you had. I am truly happy for you TMW, but please make sure your happiness is coming from with in you and not dependent on an outside source (boyfriend, job, house, whatever).

as for the debt... I highly recommend Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace... check it out. I wish I had heard of him when I was your age smile

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard