Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
nic1 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
H and I had mentioned trying to talk yesterday when we had our discussion Friday. So I went by his place last night on the way home from the hospital - wasn't feeling the best, so let niece stay after all. Anyway, he didn't answer the doorbell. An hour later he texted and said when he got to the door, I was already driving away.

Had a great coaching session this morning. Will approach H as keeping things civil for D wedding in the fall no matter where we are in the relationship.

I texted him hours ago to see when we could talk - no response.

Also included H in mass text to update about Mom - again, he's the only one not to respond. Her lung congestion is bad. We have decisions to make about her care, so siblings and I will meet at 5 today. I will be so relieved to see my sister from out of town. I tried to prepare her for how much Mom has changed since she saw her 3 weeks ago, just prior to the broken hip and the resp distress. She will be at the hospital on a consistent basis to coordinate care, and hear doctor's update tomorrow morning.

Mom did have a restful night, and was alert this morning. I'm staying away today to hopefully keep any more germs from her.

L
L
Nic,

I just wanted to tell you I am praying for your mother and family. I know this is an emotional and trying time for you. Remember that God is right there with you.

As far as H goes, just continue to pray for him as well. YOU can't do anything about his behavior, but God can, don't take it back from God. I know we both still have feelings all over the place, some days are good and some are bad. Keep the Faith and stay focused on doing God's will. Here is a great song for you What Love Really Means

(((HUG)))
Blessings!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20
H gone 11/9/10 lives w/OW

When you forgive,you heal. When you let go,you grow. When you cry to God, you surrender. When you love unconditionally, you show others Christ's love.
N
nic1 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you Lorie.

I just heard this song for the first time this weekend, but hadn't seen the video. I thought of so many of us here when I first heard it.

Mom goes back to the nursing home asap, no feeding tube. Hospice will be involved to be sure she is pain free, and is fed frequently since she only takes a few bites. She is ready to go, it's just hard to say good bye. We talked with her about Jesus being ready to scoop her up in His arms. We said the Lord's Prayer, and sang Jesus Loves Me. She's been in nagging pain all day, so we were shocked when she started singing Jesus Loves Me on her own. I couldn't believe how clear her voice was, what with her lung condition. Maybe she wanted to be sure Jesus knew she was ready. :-)

Sent H the update on Mom. I don't think he would have responded, but he sent me a text intended for someone else, prob OW. Then he had to respond - very awkward. I wonder if he felt any guilt at all. Yes, I need to lay it back in God's hands.

Take care.

L
L
Originally Posted By: nic1
She is ready to go, it's just hard to say good bye. We talked with her about Jesus being ready to scoop her up in His arms. We said the Lord's Prayer, and sang Jesus Loves Me. She's been in nagging pain all day, so we were shocked when she started singing Jesus Loves Me on her own. I couldn't believe how clear her voice was, what with her lung condition. Maybe she wanted to be sure Jesus knew she was ready. :-)

I know it is hard to let go, even when you know they are in such pain. It is glorious to see and feel her love for Jesus, and KNOW she will be with him soon. God is so good!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20
H gone 11/9/10 lives w/OW

When you forgive,you heal. When you let go,you grow. When you cry to God, you surrender. When you love unconditionally, you show others Christ's love.
H
H
NIC,

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers in this trying time you're going through.

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
N
nic1 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Mom passed away the afternoon of Ash Wednesday. My sister and her son were with her; I was 20 minutes too late. But I had spent the night before with her, holding her hand until she slept.

The church service was beautiful, and very comforting to our family. Some times will be difficult as I miss her terribly, but I know she is pain free and in a much better place. The circle in heaven grows larger, and as my son said, they are all waiting on us to join them.

Thank you for your prayers, and you all continue to be in mine.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard