Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Y
OP Offline
Y
Right Tad!

I have learn to just let the comments go. I guess since I have been at this a long time. I have learned a great deal from this site. Hang in there!

Y

P
P
Just a suggestion. Instead of acrylic nails, try a technique called shellac. It's YOUR nails, nothing glued on, but they are tough and less likely to break. I got my daughter to try it and she loved it. I've just been using the typical French Manicure, but recently went for the Hooker Red.

B
B
I think that is what I mean, and it is called acrylic coating around here. They kind of bake it under a gentle heat lamp - but defintely not fake nails. Hooker red sounds great.. . .

Do you think we could get a group discount??

Y
OP Offline
Y
punkin, beatrice

Hooker red sounds great! This was my first time getting a french manicure. Maybe I'll try something different next time!
I'll call ahead for the group discount!!

Y

H
H
YR,

You're doing fine; stay strong; it'll be all right.

Quote:

I have learn to just let the comments go. I guess since I have been at this a long time. I have learned a great deal from this site. Hang in there!

You learn to let the comments go because not everything is worth answering; and MOST OF THE TIME, the BEST answer is total silence.

When silent, you're not revealing what's on your mind; and that, in itself can get to them; as well as shut them up; because you are not taking the bait that's offered.

Conversely, IF you answered everything they said; they would always know where you stood..and the disrespectful comments would get worse.

You got it down, YR; stay the course. smile

Just popped in to check on you. smile

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
Y
OP Offline
Y
HB

Thanks for checking in on me!!

Things are pretty much the same. Letting him deal with his own problems, keeping busy with my life.

Trying to figure an outing with D for tomorrow. Can't come up with anything yet but we will go and do something that is for sure!

Y

H
H
Hey YR, smile

Quote:

Things are pretty much the same. Letting him deal with his own problems, keeping busy with my life.

I'm praying he will get his head out of his rump, face whatever he's got left to face; and return to you whole and healed.

All things are possible as long as you believe. smile

I know that God has it in His hands to work with...and you know there's nothing left to do but get on with your life. smile

Don't have any additional words of wisdom to offer; you know the drill. Let go, let God; and it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God; and it looks like your husband has done just that.

He has His ways of dealing with MLC'ers; this I do know.

You're being taken care of; God is with you in this. smile

Have fun with your daughter on your outing tomorrow.

Take care, Sweetie; you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
Y
OP Offline
Y
HB

I pray that my H will get that head out the rump too!
I do believe and I know God is watching over the family and working on H.

I still havent decided where to go tomorrow, maybe we will just get in the car and drive then pick up something to eat!!!

Y

job Offline
YR,
Sometimes it's better to not have any plans. Spur of the moment activities can be fun. Both you and your d should get in the car and just drive until you see something you like.

Enjoy your day tomorrow!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Y
OP Offline
Y
Thanks Snodderly!!! That is exactly what we are going to do!!!

Y

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard