Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Hello Dbers,
Not sure if anyone around here remembers me, but my DH favoriteweirdo and I are a DB success story. Just wanted to come by and update anyone that cares.
FW and I are still together. About two years ago, FW got a new job that moved us across the country to the Southwest where the sun always shines. smile. We have joined a new church out here and continue to work on our marriage. Things are not always rainbows and roses, but to be honest the biggest thing this experience has taught me is that no marriage is.
Trust has come back slowly but surely and I still have moments where I worry. They don't come often (once or twice a year maybe) and FW is good about being understanding and helping me throught it.
I may try to find some of my old posts and link them here if anyone is interested in reading the back story. I feel for all of you going through this now and wish you the best. Biggest advice is patience and trust in God. He will get you through this one no matter the outcome.

BFM

L
L
Originally Posted By: butterflymom127
Biggest advice is patience and trust in God. He will get you through this one no matter the outcome.

BFM

I am so glad you said this, because I am putting my faith in God,and he keeps telling me patience. I would love to read your story if you can link it here!
Blessings!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20
H gone 11/9/10 lives w/OW

When you forgive,you heal. When you let go,you grow. When you cry to God, you surrender. When you love unconditionally, you show others Christ's love.
B
OP Offline
B
My first post

Here Lorrie,

Be warned - my methods were unorthodox by most standards here...

You live very close to where FW and I used to live. I was in Central KY before moving 2 years ago. I will also link to FW (my husband's posts) too.

God is awesome and works on his own time. My marriage would not be restored were it not for HIM.

BFM

B
OP Offline
B
oh - i couldn't remember my password to my original account, but I promise it is me smile

B
OP Offline
B
favoriteweirdo's thread

Here is a link my DH's thread as well. It was written shortly after her came home and is an interesting look into the mind of an MLCer.

BFM

Y
Y
Hi BFM, I remember you!!!! I am so happy that things are going well for you and your H!

Keep up the great work!!

Y

G
G
BFM,

Thank you VERY much for your update. I have been at this for 2 1/2 years and it is reassuring to hear that this CAN work. When I first came to the board I searched for all of the success stories. I will read the link you posted again ---- but this time with the perspective of someone who has been on this path much longer.

Best wishes to you both,

GAG

L
L
Thank you very much!! I am actually from Owensboro, KY so we were much closer to one another at one time in our lives. Thanks for the links. I will read them. If you read my threads you will see that I am too a bit unorthodox too, but I believe in standing for my marriage and trusting God. I believe in the DB principles and how somethings can be combined to individuals sitches. So, reading yours will be helpful, but I am truly relying on God for guidance in my journey. Right now, I hear him to tell me to be patient. So, I am learning to be patient and at the same time using many of the DB principles.

Blessings!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20
H gone 11/9/10 lives w/OW

When you forgive,you heal. When you let go,you grow. When you cry to God, you surrender. When you love unconditionally, you show others Christ's love.
H
H
BFM - so good to hear from you! I've changed my screen name, but still value your posts and personal advice that you gave me. My H is still "gone" and I am finally, gradually letting go (3 years later). It has been almost a year that he demanded that I get a L and start D proceedings. I did hire the L, but will not do the work for him.....so I stand for my M, but live my life knowing that my M is dead and do not see him ever returning to me. I'm so glad you are still doing well. Would love to have more posts from FW too!

(di an a mo)

My posts are still around, but I changed the screen name on them as well.........circumstances led me to feel exposed.

"Do not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness." - James Thurber
C
C
Congratulations and thankyou for updating! smile

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing