Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Margali Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm so sick and tired of reading self-help books! I always feel like a kid in school, who's not too good at the subject, getting lectured by the teacher on how to do it right.

Besides, since I'm the one who sees a problem here and wants some change for the better, I'm the one who has to read all these damn books. DH gets to read fun books, like stuff by Michael Crichton. Not only am I not getting laid, but he gets to read fun books and I have to read stuff like "Passionate Marriage" which just makes me feel like a kid getting scolded.

So, I'm wondering if there are any fiction books that would help a woman in a SSM? Something upbeat, please. "Madame Bovary" is NOT what I have in mind! [g]

Dammit, life can be fun and playful! I'm tired of it always having to be grim and depressing. And I'm tired of self-help books with no sense of humor.

D
D
Have you read Bridget Jones? It was hysterical, and for the whole book, she is basically trying to figure out why everyone else seems to have sex daily and she can't get laid to save her own life. Of course, she is single, so the situation is not like yours, but you will likely find a lot of common ground with her anyway. She is obsessed with self-help books to "help" her with her dating woes...but then she also talks about how stupid they are, too, and I think you'll get a kick out of that part. There is a second book, so make sure you read the first one first.

M
Margali Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I read it a long time ago; maybe I'll re-read it.

I love all of the Janet Evanovich books, and two of Susan Isaacs books. "After All these Years" makes me laugh out loud. Several of Janet's Stephanie Plum series books do that too. You do not have to start with the first. at about #7-12 they are hysterical.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
N
N
Right here with you Ladies...

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard