Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
P
P
Fergie - I'll have to get back to you on the jeans. BF is already at his fashion limit with the RG shirts. The most designer jeans he owns are Lucky (from Costco). And personally my designer jeans are simply the ones that fit me best and make my legs look longer, nothing fancy. Stay away from anything too trendy. I have to return some stuff from BF's birthday so I'll take a spin through men's jeans and let you know what I think. Don't worry about the fit of the shirt. Both BF and the former boss have (pony) kegs, not 6-packs, and the shirts fit fine.

And I do remember MF's Miss Me jeans! How do they look in person? I'm sure she totally rocks them.

BBJ - I have been to a happy hour at lululemon! Seems to me that only stores that sell workout clothes would serve booze to women. Extra pounds=more working out! laugh

MF - it's so boring around here without you! I check in on my friends but it's increasingly harder to deal with all the despair from newbies. BF is the same. I'm still not sure if that's good or bad. We're planning a trip to Ireland in late October and after that it's full steam ahead with me moving to SF.

I need some inspiration to get running again. I do a PB class six days a week but need to add the extra cardio back in. Plus I'm eating all kinds of junk food. At least I'm making a lot of it from scratch!

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
K
K
Mind,

PH and all the others are right. Its so boring here without you. We always had a reason to smile with you on the boards. You are a bounce back kinda gal...you keep on ticking and laughing. And I love a good laugh.

BTW, I see you are still shopping!

(((Mind)))

Can't keep a good woman down
M
OP Offline
M
So, Fergie, made me feel guilty, telling me about all of the replies here. Sorry! I'm busy w/being the single mom, tackling a new job, etc... Oh, and multiple trips a week to and from Madison!

Originally Posted By: Fergie
Are you drunk?

LOL! Nope! But, define drunk... Those replies WERE ridiculous, though!

Originally Posted By: BobbiJo
Are there women's stores where they give out drinks?? Sign me up please... smile

BBJ - Actually, I intro'd Ferg to the store. It's a woman's store, too. One in Lake Geneva, WI and the other in Galena, IL. Fun! There's nothing wrong w/a date being force fed whiskey.

CHABS!! LOL WAW should be "The Cheese Stands Alone!" HA

PEARL!!! Hey! I got a kick out of the BF at his fashion limit. And, I do have to admit. The Miss Me's went back! They were too loose in the waist, but too tight in the rear! It's usually the opposite for me! I haven't been doing a great job running, lately, so I'm wondering how they would sit now! I have to get back to it, religiously, as I have no excuse. Kids are in school! Sorry, it's boring! I'll try to come up w/a good story to share soon!!!

Kara! Miss ya!!!! I am a bounce back kinda gal. And, I do laugh, a lot. To the irritation of SOME others! HA! Actually, Kara, I haven't really SHOPPED in forever, and w/the way our finances are shaking out, I'm not sure I'll have a great budget to do so soon! Wahhhhh!!!!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
M
OP Offline
M
So, we had our second mediation appointment today. Custody and long-term visitation agreement reached. I'm not in love w/the agreement, but I am not going to complain either.

There is nothing worse than sitting in the same room as your STBX, discussing your kids, and their needs, when you just want to pop his eyes out! Either that, or puke from seeing his ugly face! ICK! Gosh, it really is amazing how DONE you can become.

BUT, I sucked it up for my boys, was rational, calm, smiling even... While he pitched fits... But, hey, we got it done!

This was THE most important part of the negotiations. The financial stuff is important for our well-being, but knowing my boys and their time w/each of us is settled, is MOST important, and I can sleep well.

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
C
C
Quote:
when you just want to pop his eyes out!

I can imagine that look on your face.

Glad it was a outcome you can live with.

Cheers

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
A
A
That's awesome, Mind. You're still inspiring around here smile.

I know what you mean about discussing your kids, and about sucking it up. I will be doing that soon and just keep her in my focus - she is my end goal and everything is for her now, not about me and H. It's hard but worth it- good for you.

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go;
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow;
Go ask Alice...
I think she'll know.
M
OP Offline
M
Hey, everyone...

Short update!

STBXH and I have agreed on custody and visitation w/the boys. It was a bit painful, figuring out visitation, but... I ended up with what I wanted, and I don't think he feels like he's been "cheated" in his relationship and time w/them.

We're at a stand-still w/financial negotiations. We're about $600 a month in support/maintenance OFF in what our expectations are... Funny, I originally would have settled EASILY for his offer, as it stands now. But, my L is dead set on making sure I get what I need for my boys, and, since, I've really not run a household financially (much), I'm trusting him. Apparently, the deal we're making is NOTHING compared to what a judge would decide. So, unless he buckles before 10/29, a judge will decide, and STBXH will have to provide a TON of paperwork, give up business and personal asset information, etc... He hasn't filed taxes in 15+ years. He's not into paperwork. This ought to be interesting.

I'm just really tired of being in this big, old house. I want to get moved, and settled w/my boys in a new environment. New positive energy. And, all of the clutter left behind.

I love my life now. I can't believe I ever settled for less!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

S
S
Twin~

Originally Posted By: MINDFULL
I can't believe I ever settled for less!

Amen my friend.

Once people get to this, only then will they realize how much they are truly worth.

(((Hugs))) Prayers and Love. smile

May All Who Seek To Take My Life
Be Put To Shame And Confusion;
May All Who Desire My Ruin
Be Turned Back In Disgrace.
~Psalm 40:14~
R
R
Originally Posted By: Serenity13
Twin~

Originally Posted By: MINDFULL
I can't believe I ever settled for less!

Amen my friend.

Once people get to this, only then will they realize how much they are truly worth.

(((Hugs))) Prayers and Love. smile

You get another Amen from me!

I am there right along with you. Getting more and more excited about my new life every day. I am understanding my true worth and I will never settle for less again.

((((BIG HUGS))))

M
OP Offline
M
Love to you both!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard