Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19
L
L
Sorry, TH. this is my anniversary, and i spent 31 years getting here. Part of that accomplishment was learning to phrase things nicely and say it will a smile. I am not worried that I will never receive flowers. And though I admit I admire florists' flowers, and I often send them to others, I am usually happy with a good looking bouquet from the grocery. It's not the end of the world. There are still jewelry stores with things I like, too!

T
T
Quote:
There are still jewelry stores with things I like, too!

Women and anniverseries smile LOL, I know, I know. It's just exhausing with Christmas, Mother's Day, Valentines Day, Birthday, etc, etc.

Out of curiousity, what did you get him?

Last edited by TimeHeals; 10/07/10 01:33 AM.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
L
L
A bottle of champagne with fresh raspberries, the steaks in the fridge, a cake, and a danish for breakfast in the morning.

D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Lotus
A bottle of champagne with fresh raspberries, the steaks in the fridge, a cake, and a danish for breakfast in the morning.

Now that is what I am talking about... grin

but realy..it's not my B-day or our annv. but you know what I would LOVE to have as a present...

Just time together ,,,,alone..... away from the house....maybe at our time share....

And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
L
L
Yes, we're going to stay at a hotel at the beach next weekend, just for one night. But it is time away, together. Not something we do often.

D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yes, we're going to stay at a hotel at the beach next weekend, just for one night. But it is time away, together. Not something we do often.

MY DREAM PRESENT.........
with my wife though not you... blush
Now that is fantastic...
I hand wrote in the card....

Wife,
Read this card... sometimes you need to put work,bills and everything else aside and just enjoy the moment....
Love ya forever.... Doc

S
S
Good one Doc!!

Lotus, I sent you an email. I am just telling you as I think it may have gone to the email account you don't check so often.

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
O
O
Outstanding! And flowers *in addition* are always fabulous and extra-special.

Best,
Oldtimer
L
L
If you haven't seen the picture on facebook, my husband left work early today to drive to the Fresh Market where they have beautiful roses and he bought me 2 dozen roses -- Cayenne and Blush. And they are gorgeous! I thanked him for going out of his way to do that for me. Then I made the steak, potatoes and salad I had originally planned for last night. And we'll have the cake again after that. And then, who knows what we will do for the evening's entertainment?! This actually worked out very nicely. We celebrated our anniversary two evenings in a row, and we still have the night at a hotel at the beach planned for next weekend. So the 31st is turning into a very big celebration.

Doc, I hope that she liked the card and the chocolates and the flowers if you get those too. I am really happy that things have turned out so well for you, even though it came after both of you lost your jobs. Funny how it seems no matter how we try we can never "have it all". But the important thing is to be happy with what we have. We could always have even less.

D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
If you haven't seen the picture on facebook, my husband left work early today to drive to the Fresh Market where they have beautiful roses and he bought me 2 dozen roses -- Cayenne and Blush. And they are gorgeous! .

Reminds me of what a famous person once said…..

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well you might find you'll get what you need

Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard