Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19
L
L
One of the rules of life: You can't go back. You can only go forward. Rest assured, there were plenty of rocks to trip you up and problems on the road not taken. You just can't see them.

L
L
And the seasons they go round and round;
And the painted ponies go up and down;
We're captive on the carousel of time.
We can't return, we can only look behind
From where we came,
And go round and round and round
In the circle game.

Originally Posted By: Dr LOve
Should have married a woman my age ……. really confused right now

Doc

Doc,
Sentences beginning with "should" don't stand on firm ground. I don't think there's any way to prove such a statement that your life would have been better had you married another person at a certain point in time. You would have married another flawed human being who would bring her own set of issues to a relationship. Marriage is hard work no matter who you're married to.

I'm infatuated with women often. It's seductive to idealize another situation or person. It may also express unmet needs.

Get yourself back on-track to the work of daily fidelity.

CL

CL 53 W 54
M 20 yrs.
03'-09' Separation + Old Patterns + GAL
10-14' Piecing

"The Master allows things to happen. She shapes events as they come."

----Tao Te Ching
D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks CL and everyone else..

I am back...doing better...don't really know what happened...

And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm Back....

Ok call it a test from God..or Buda... or just plain old Karma

BUT I PASSED....

Without getting into detail.... yesterday at the BBQ... A married woman there (no spouses were invited just grads) got my phone number...right after I left she called me and said "now you have my number"... This is part of what was bothering me... I felt so guilty... her having my number and me having hers and the "possibilities"... Well after getting a 2X4 from Gabriel off line... I went ahead and deleted her number from my cell phone.
About an hour later I was working on my car out in my garage and W came in to say she was going over a friend’s house and she came up to me and gave me a good-by kiss …. This is not her usual thing to do. Normally I am the one that initiates’ the good by kisses….she just says good bye

Delete phone number = Kiss BTW wife has asked me nothing about the party and does not know about the number thing...

So Doc is back on track again…

K
K
I was looking for a vocabulary to prepare a nice 2x4. Good think Gabriele did it!!
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
F
F
Karma indeed... Oh Doc when I started reading this last post I was thinking...oh nooo oh nooo...!!! And then, what a wonderful ending. And that your W did her own 180 and made such a great change. Good for you both. smile

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
S
S
Quote:
I was looking for a vocabulary to prepare a nice 2x4. Good think Gabriele did it!!
K

Hey, Kalni- did Doc forward my reply to you then or did I forward it to everyone? I was on my Blackberry sitting next to my H after we had dropped our eldest D back at Uni. I just wondered if I replied to all - and did they get both my emails????????

Not that I said anything I didn't mean....was just curious as to how my phone worked crazy

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I think It just came to me Saffie...but I am sure everyone I sent my e-mail to thought the same thing you wrote...

getting ready for school... back on track agian
Doc

O
O
"Delete phone number = Kiss BTW wife has asked me nothing about the party and does not know about the number thing...

So Doc is back on track again…"

This is not back on track, or at least not on the track that leads to a healthy R.

This is lying by omission to your W. You know it too. Imagine the same thing happened with her -- these are things people share with each other in a trusting, monogomous R. You keep way too many "skirting the cheating line" things form W. It allows you to avoid facing yourself. It prevents you from building trust and intimacy with W.

Time to tell her what happened and how you felt about it.

Best,
Oldtimer
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard