Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
S
S
I honestly don't quite remember exactly when I started, but it would have been May or June, so figure about three months or so.

Recovering Sex-Starved Husband.
S
S
Weighed in at almost exactly 35 pounds down today. I doubt I will average that yet, but I have to be close. My goal was to be 35 pounds down by October first (meaning averaging that weight over 3 days) so I should make that easily.

Next goal is 45 pounds down by Halloween. I'm taking my twins to an NFL game that day, so it would be nice to be celebrating a milestone. Basically my goal for the foreseeable future is ten pounds per month, so 40-45 pounds down by Thanksgiving and 55 pounds down by Christmas. If I can keep that pattern going, I'll be 85 pounds down by my birthday and right around the weight I was at when I was riding bicycle centuries and studying jiu-jitsu. I really want to get back there.

S
S
Weighed in at almost exactly 35 pounds down today. I doubt I will average that yet, but I have to be close. My goal was to be 35 pounds down by October first (meaning averaging that weight over 3 days) so I should make that easily.

Next goal is 45 pounds down by Halloween. I'm taking my twins to an NFL game that day, so it would be nice to be celebrating a milestone. Basically my goal for the foreseeable future is ten pounds per month, so 40-45 pounds down by Thanksgiving and 55 pounds down by Christmas. If I can keep that pattern going, I'll be 85 pounds down by my birthday and right around the weight I was at when I was riding bicycle centuries and studying jiu-jitsu. I really want to get back there.

S
S
Anybody still out there? I had some more plateau time, but I'm now 45 pounds down from that original figure at the beginning. I'm fitting into pants I haven't worn in a few years and doing an hour of cardio on an elliptical machine without heavy strain, which has really been better than the weight loss. When I got the bike out for the first time this spring, I did a fast ten miles without ever really getting winded. I'd planned to go out for a longer spin this morning, but it's pouring out there and I think I'll hit the gym instead.

Anybody else working on this?

S
S
I'm now down about 45 pounds total from my highest . . . now averaging about 2-3 pounds per week. Today I set a goal for one year from now: I will be under 220 pounds (that would be the lightest for me since 8th grade, and 20 pounds lighter than my college football playing weight) and will make my first skydive.

This weekend I rode the 25-mile route of the Tour de Cure, a century fund raiser for the Diabetes Association. In July I'll ride the 25-mile L.A.T.E. Ride (riding along the lakefront in Chicago beginning at 1 a.m.) Between now and then I'll continue to train; my goal is 100 miles per week over the summer break, replacing the elliptical trainer and more with the road bike. By the end of the summer I will ride the full 100 miles in the local century ride at the end of September. I should be right at 300 pounds by then.

S
S
I'm now down about 45 pounds total from my highest . . . now averaging about 2-3 pounds per week. Today I set a goal for one year from now: I will be under 220 pounds (that would be the lightest for me since 8th grade, and 20 pounds lighter than my college football playing weight) and will make my first skydive.

This weekend I rode the 25-mile route of the Tour de Cure, a century fund raiser for the Diabetes Association. In July I'll ride the 25-mile L.A.T.E. Ride (riding along the lakefront in Chicago beginning at 1 a.m.) Between now and then I'll continue to train; my goal is 100 miles per week over the summer break, replacing the elliptical trainer and more with the road bike. By the end of the summer I will ride the full 100 miles in the local century ride at the end of September. I should be right at 300 pounds by then.

R
R
Any one around who'd like to revive this link?

me: 57
H: 54
M: 18 y
Affair over on Dday: 6/99
Never split-up but it was a hard road
D: 38 GD:18
I forget so I come back here I know these principles are the way to go which ever way it goes!
T
T
Thread test

Last sex: 04/06/1997
Last attempt: 11/11/1997
W Issues "No Means No" Declaration: 11/11/1997
W chooses to terminate sex 05/1998
I gained 60, then lost 85 pounds.
Start running again (marathons)
A
A
Anybody else having trouble with their weight?

I lost at first, which mystified me because I wasn't doing anything but crying all the time, but in the months since, I'm back up to an alltime high, a little more than when I adopted the weightwatchers lifestyle a few years ago. This week I'm back to tracking, going to the gym every day, and getting back on the scale. No more head in the sand.

Just want to encourage myself and any others who haven't found the secret GAL weight loss plan. Anyone else finding they have to work hard at this?

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard