Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
OP Offline
S
BobbiJo ~

How am I doing? I was angry to say the least and guilty for getting angry. Mad at myself for allowing the conversation to even go that far. Angry he uses my Faith against me each and every chance he gets. The greed/Pastor comment just about brought me to my knees.

I almost want to hate him because that is so much easier and so much less exasperating.

I get confused when dealing with him, because I believed every word he ever uttered for so long, now I still stop and question if he is right...

Am I greedy for asking for what is fair by law? Am I a dumbass? (as he so nicely called me) Is it really my fault that my son won't speak to me? Just nothing but more questions and really no answers.

I saved the texts and sent an email to my lawyer to see what happens next.

His Mother still wants me to wait and see what he does...She doesn't think he will follow through and she still believes he doesn't want a divorce, that eventually we will make it through this together.

I used to believe that, now I don't think I want that anymore.

I don't think, to be quite honest that I can be with a man who can treat me so badly...A man who refuses to see his child just because I won't sign his crappy D offer.

I have no idea who this person is anymore but I damn sure don't want to married to him. (Excuse my language)

Luv ~ I was highly insulted and my friend, I am not going to sign it....Even if I have to start selling body parts off to fight him, so be it.

(((Hugs)))

May All Who Seek To Take My Life
Be Put To Shame And Confusion;
May All Who Desire My Ruin
Be Turned Back In Disgrace.
~Psalm 40:14~
L
LSG Offline
L
Serenity,

I feel for you so much.

Don't believe a thing he is saying to you. He does know that adultry is a sin too, right. He should not throw religion in your face. You are not greedy to fight for what is fair. He is the greedy a$$hole. Sorry for my language. Until he is perfect, who is he to pass judgement on you.

I am just so sick of cheaters placing the blame on people like you for their own Crappy Behavior.

Good, do not sign that rediculous D offer.

I could say more, but I am just so disgusted by what is happening to you.

Sorry for the non-DBing comments.

Keep strong and your faith in God. You will be okay.

My prayers are with you.

ME-41 W-33 M-8 D-8 S-4 D 5/17/2010
www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1961097#Post1961097
P
P
Originally Posted By: Serenity13
Angry he uses my Faith against me each and every chance he gets. The greed/Pastor comment just about brought me to my knees.

. . .

Am I greedy for asking for what is fair by law? Am I a dumbass?

My dear 13,

I know you already know the answers to those, but I'll say it anyway:

"No!"

The Bible teaches us that it is the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil, not the money ITSELF. Christ warned us that we cannot "serve two masters -- God and money." So long as your attitudes about money are balanced and healthy, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with fighting to get your fair share for you and especially your family.

In fact, the Proverbs (and elsewhere) make many mentions of how God hates "unfair measures." He is a just and loving God, and He abhors an unbalanced scale.

Keep fighting,

Puppy

S
OP Offline
S
LSG~

Thank you for your kind words and no worries, I am not signing a thing he presents to me.

Originally Posted By: LSG
I feel for you so much.
If you feel anything for me, please let it be happiness.

Each and every trial I face (we all face) is a test, it is up to me to decide how I respond.

Yes he was cruel however I chose to not allow it to knock me down. The meaner he is, the taller I am able to stand, the control he had for so long is gone and he sees that, doesn't know how to respond to it, so this is his way of lashing out.

The only way I will fail this specific test is to allow him to have that control back.

(((Hugs))) smile

S
OP Offline
S
Puppy~

Thank you for stopping by and yes deep down I knew the answer, the fact that his comment gave me a pause is me second guessing myself once again.

Anytime I have any kind of interaction with him, I second guess myself and the choices I have made, however I also know that I am better off on my own than with someone who just views me as an option.

I am not going for the shirt off his back, just what is applicable by FL law, I don't want him to suffer nor to struggle every month to put a roof over his head, food on his table and clothes on his back.

(((Hugs))) smile

S
S
You deserve to know your rights, lady smile

T
T
this is for you and your son. It is just and fair. Don't second guess that. Ever.

As for getting angry, you're human. As Christians, we tend to hold ourselves to a perfect standard, which puts a tremendous amount of pressure on ourselves. I'm beginning to believe anger is a part of this process, in time it can be let go.

S
OP Offline
S
Sol ~ I agree 100% - Thank you!

TT ~ You just hit the nail on the head and I didn't even realize it...The "striving for perfection" based on what He wants me to do is kicking my butt...Feeling like I can't be angry or I can't be upset or feel revengeful or just break down and cry is tearing me up...You read my stuff, you can see in my last post exactly what stuffing it down has done to me...

Accepting that yes, I am striving to be more like Him, however I am not going to walk through this perfectly is what I need to focus on.

smile

(((((Hugs)))))

B
B
Oh Serenity...

We were just talking about this at Bible study yesterday...we were reading about Solomon, and how God had appeared to him directly and spoken to him, and Solomon promised to follow Him faithfully. And then, he married 700 different women...and ordered altars built so that his wives could worship other Gods. Here God Himself appeared to Solomon, and he still couldn't keep it together! wink And his father David also screwed up. But God loved them both anyway. And my pastor said what a relief it was to know that God still loves us even when we aren't perfect....

Hang in there. You are human, so am I, we are bound to make mistakes. Just keep walking anyway. smile

Last edited by BobbiJo; 09/27/10 05:33 PM.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
T
T
Hang in there Serenity. I am praying for you.

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard