Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 98 of 101 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 101
B
OP Offline
B
Today S16 and I were at a store beside the restaurant my WAW manages. I stopped by so he could go in and say hi to her. She asked him to come out and get me. We wound up having lunch with WAW. She thanked me for bringing him in and when we left she again initiated a hug and kissed me on the cheek. This can be so confusing!!

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

B
OP Offline
B
Journalling..

Yesterday WAW and I went out for dinner with S16, D19 and her D's boyfriend. Before that, WAW and I took S16 shopping for work clothes, since WAW just hired him to work very part time for her.

At dinner we were discussing the restaurant next door, where WAW and I had anniversary dinner a few years ago. WAW commented on how good I looked that evening. At end of night, WAW and I had a "real" hug before she went home.

Today I texted WAW "thanks for dinner (she paid). It was nice to have everyone together and to see you".

Her response: "Yes it was nice. I had fun. I miss that family time soo much".

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

R
R
has she felt you let go?

I mean has she felt that you are moving on with your life?

Or does she still feel that you would literally jump at the offer to get her back home?

I'm glad she paid for dinner, that was one positive out of all of this. I'm glad you had a good time at the dinner with her. I don't know if this helped in any way with your relationship with her.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: robx
has she felt you let go?

I mean has she felt that you are moving on with your life?

Or does she still feel that you would literally jump at the offer to get her back home?

I'm glad she paid for dinner, that was one positive out of all of this. I'm glad you had a good time at the dinner with her. I don't know if this helped in any way with your relationship with her.

I don't know what she feels. I am moving on with life more than ever, but still have not entirely let go. I hope she knows I am open to reconciliation, but would not jump at just any offer.

I think it's time for an "all cards on the table" talk and then move on from there in one definite direction or the other.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

R
R
bro it is not time for an "all cards on the table talk",
she has seen your hand for quite some time, she knows your cards,
you on the other hand are the one hoping to get a glimpse of her cards.

You're still attached,
she hasn't felt you let go at all,
a talk like this will confirm it to her and you will just get more of the same.

Let go, I mean really let go.

The sooner you do, the sooner you may actually see any positive results in your situation.

Another talk will not work.

If you need a "talk" to move on in one definite direction or another, then you have not moved on. A decisive man would have made the decision without requiring a "talk" to confirm what he wants to do.

What would your talk accomplish?
What would you say?
"Look wife, I've had enough of this separation business, come home now so that we can be in love again otherwise I'm moving on, this time I mean it!"

That won't work.

Last edited by robx; 09/21/10 02:27 PM.
C
C

Quote:
"Yes it was nice. I had fun. I miss that family time soo much".

Quote:
she hasn't felt you let go at all

Things are nice and fun, she doesn't miss you.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
B
OP Offline
B
WAW started a game of Scrabble with me on FB. Without even thinking, I played my turn. Not a big thing I guess.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

B
OP Offline
B
Today WAW called me at work to tell me about a bad dream she had about me last night. She is on Champix again to help her quite smoking. She used it (somewhat...obvioulsly) successfully in the past. It also caused her to have crazy dreams then as well.

Anyway...she said she called "just to hear my voice" to feel better about the dream and the stressful week she has had. I talked for a little while, discussed a couple issues with kids and ended the conversation.

If she knew I have a date with a 25 year old this weekend she might not be calling......

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

S
S
I have a question you probably should think about.

Why did you walk right past robx's last post as well as coach's last post?

robx is giving you gold. I know it's not what you want to hear, it wasn't when I read his posts earlier on in my sitch. The tendency is to reject it.

She's keeping you at a certain distance. You're the cushion. The backup. You see crumbs and baby steps, I see you moving away and her succesfully pulling you back to the distance she wants you at.

Did you ever decline any offer of a get together with her? Ever say no? Ever think of just letting the phone ring to voicemail when she calls? A person can't chase something that's not moving away.

Originally Posted By: BeTheMan
If she knew I have a date with a 25 year old this weekend she might not be calling......

This one sentence tells me where you're at.

Go study, and I mean study what robx wrote in his last post. Then post what you see on your thread here.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
R
R
Originally Posted By: BeTheMan

...I think it's time for an "all cards on the table" talk and then move on from there in one definite direction or the other.

Quote:

It's hard to be congruent and straight with someone else if you're not congruent with yourself. One moment you want a "all cards on the table" talk and move on from there in one "definite direction" and the next day you have a date with a 25 year old.

Which is it?

Page 98 of 101 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard