Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27
T
OP Offline
T
well, it was my mom's dog - if it was my dog i'd probably be in the hospital or something since he is my baby.

i can't imagine going through everything you did in such a short time, i'm so sorry. glad to hear you came through it with such a great attitude

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
T
OP Offline
T
mom dumbbutt person she married already got a new dog!

last night xbf was supposed to come and get the last few items - including caged animals/reptiles. didn't hear anything. at 8 - sent text. nothing. at 9 i sent a picture of the yuckiness in reptile cage, he called. he doesn't have room to take stuff, but he came over to clean the cage. took a couple of small boxes. signed the paper to get name off alarm account. took bike. mentioned he has stuff at work, in the truck, at various friend's houses.

i got down after he left for about 15 minutes just thinking - how/why is it so much better to not have a home and to have your stuff in various places than to try to work things out.

better now i guess.

something to look forward to: next weekend i am in sort of a cooking contest at a resort! if i win i get a night stay and waterpark passes and dinner for 4.
also planning on going up to one of the islands (ohio) for a wine tasting at the begining of october.
thinking about going to see a movie or 2 or 3 lol
i'm working on projects around the house. trying to keep busy.

thanks for reading

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
T
OP Offline
T
I think I have a working title of a book, if I ever write one....."Why do men leave their SHOES"

he stopped on Saturday - was going to feed snakes before moving them (snakes usually don't eat for a while after being moved). but 1 snake was going to shed (snakes don't eat when they are about to shed - very fickle creatures), so he wanted to wait. He took some of the other misc items. All that remains now is snakes, mice, lamp, roller stool, a couple of wall hangings, a few things in the freezer and last night I noticed SHOES.

Those who may have been around 5 years ago when I was going through the D with my XH, you may remember my XH left HIS shoes. WTF
I don't know if this is just laziness, forgetfulness or a lame poor pittful excuse for continued contact.

IF it is the latter - grow a pair, find your voice and use your words. Otherwise take it before I dump it in the trash! smile

This weekend is cooking thing. Butterflies in the tummy are flying.

Can't go to wine tasting cause of a surprise 30th bday party for a friend. Darn.

S
S
You sound better. I am petrified of snakes. Can't imagine having them in my house. HORRORS!

I believe you have to get ANGRY in order to let go. That is how it was with me. Part of the grieving process.

Today was the first big step I saw with you in officially getting this loser out of your system. Good for you for having a busy social life. You are opening up your life to possibilities.

Barb

T
OP Offline
T
I have up and down days.
Got down this weekend after being up...

went to cooking event - didn't win, but could have more news to come (they might want to put my dish on the menu permanently where the winners only got it for a month) Had lots of fun.

Came home & neighbor's kid took my mail out of my mailbox. Supposedly the mom found out and punished him and he put the mail on my front steps - but I went out, got a locking mailbox & filed a complaint with the post office. Now I'm worried - what other mail am I missing if any, any packages....

I am very much in an ANGRY state. Angry about a lot of things. Being left to care for mice & snakes; left with the neighbors to deal with alone; left with the house we picked out; angry with him and myself for all the stuff i was put through; angry people think i simply kicked him out when ultimately this was his choice;

I do have to laugh cause all the "friends" that were more important than me - where are they now? 1 doesn't want to get involved. The one we had problems with, said no to him staying there. Not sure about the 2 other "close/immediate" "friends".

I'm angry and confused - how or why is living like this so much better than trying to be open & honest & work things out.
why hasn't he replied about his stuff. Supposedly, according to his mom, according to his brother - he was going to come over Friday, but his brother told him I wouldn't be home.
Well - why the heck didn't he reply via text/call to me.
Why the heck hasn't he gotten his lamp, trash can, roller seat, food, shoes, snakes & mice.

Like I said before - if this is just an excuse, speak up and say whatever is on your mind or in your heart.

IF I don't hear anything by Wednesday - I'll try to feed the mice to the snakes (it will be a month since they have eaten. They have been eating rats - but I'm not going to buy rats or take the mice for trade. If they are hungry, they'll eat a couple of mice).
In another week or so, if there is still nothing - I'll take everything to his mom's or something.

It's already been just over 2 weeks. Feels longer somehow, sometimes. Everyday a little better I guess.

O
O
Take the stuff today.

Best,
Oldtimer
O
O
It is better for him because he does not want what you want from the R. You were dating, he has ended that R because he does not want the R you want. Reasons of creature comfort are not good reasons for maintaining an R one does not want.

Best,
Oldtimer
S
S
I will echo. "Take the stuff today". Get it out of your house. It is cruel to the snakes, mice and you. Be done with it. Leave it on his mom's doorstep if that's the only place you can. Just be done with it.

Barb

N
N
checking on you TMW...

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
T
OP Offline
T
Hi NNP, I just happened to check the site today. Funny.

I'm doing alright. 7 1/2 weeks. WOW.
been focusing on me, trying to get stuff done. have hard days here and there. time will only tell what will happen.

Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard