B
Originally Posted By: Greek
Originally Posted By: FindingMyVoice
Originally Posted By: Coach

"You have great style/taste in shoes."

"I have always admired how you can put a outfit together."

"You sure can make a pair of shoes look sexy."

"Only you could make a black dress look that stunning."

You mean to tell me there's men out there that actually say things like this to their wives?
Yes!
Greek

Again, this points to what I said about women finding men in relationships attractive. Who wouldn't want to date a guy like Coach? Or Puppy? However the key is, someone LIKE them. Cause they are already taken. smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
R
R
From Benjamin buttons:
"....the MOST beautiful...."

"Wow! I like this...you always find such cool clothes"

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
F
F
Originally Posted By: FindingMyVoice

You mean to tell me there's men out there that actually say things like this to their wives?
Originally Posted By: Greek
Yes!
Greek

Well. I gotta say. That makes me sad. Oh! Well no, I mean Happy for you Greek - sorry - truly I am. Just sad for my sitch. I always figured that never hearing compliments like that was kind of normal once you got married. Between that and a few other things going on...makes me wonder why I'm still trying so hard.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
R
ris Offline
R
Words of Affirmation! Maybe your H doesn't realize (just as some men earlier in this thread) how important they are to you?

Accept that there is only one thing you can change in life and that is you

Me:26 H:26
My thread
C
C
FMV, what you need to remember is that Coach and Puppy (and some others I'm sure) are HERE and already been through "the enligtening process" so it's now part of them. they SEE the need for it. May nothave recognized it as much or at all before they got here.

I wouldn't dicount the effect of "enlightening". And your H hasn't "seen" that light yet. May never. But.....

F
F
Originally Posted By: ris
Words of Affirmation! Maybe your H doesn't realize (just as some men earlier in this thread) how important they are to you?

Thanks ris, but yah. He does. I've told him; I've written him a letter about it; we've even both taken the LL test. He knows. He just doesn't want to tell me. frown

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
F
F
Originally Posted By: CD Bear
FMV, what you need to remember is that Coach and Puppy (and some others I'm sure) are HERE and already been through "the enligtening process" so it's now part of them. they SEE the need for it. May nothave recognized it as much or at all before they got here.

I know CD. Thanks. Anyways this is bumming me out. Gotta go. Take care. FMV.

R
ris Offline
R
I'm sorry to hear that FMV! frown

Accept that there is only one thing you can change in life and that is you

Me:26 H:26
My thread
G
G
Originally Posted By: CD Bear

I wouldn't dicount the effect of "enlightening". And your H hasn't "seen" that light yet. May never. But.....
This is correct. In our case, it took a bold move to help my H 'hear' what I'd been trying to communicate (ineffectively) to him for many years.
Greek

Me45 H46
T25 M22
S21 & 19
D13
Separated and filed 8/08
Moved home 11/08

Happily ever after is one day at a time.
G
G
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Originally Posted By: gr8 day 2B alive
In my quest of learning what attracts women, today I found out that a man's shoes are the number one piece of clothing women look at to determine a mens sense of stlye.

Come to think of it, I had a W aproach me a few months ago b/c of the boots I was wearing. True story.
I've heard this as well.
I've heard it as well many times, both noticed by women and in the business/corporate world. Often overlooked/not given a thought by many men: worn out, scuffed, unpolished, etc. It's a sign of either laziness or paying attention to every detail.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard