Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
P
P
Originally Posted By: CD Bear
Oh, R2C? Special delivery.........

No need to send up the R2C light for this one. I think he sorts for Coach's posts daily when he's looking for what to sticky, and rightfully so. He'll be by soon enough, young citizen. cool

F
F
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails

I like "amazing."

"Wow, you look amazing in that."

or

"Man, that looks amazing on you."

smile That would be amazing to hear. Wish you guys could have a chat with my H.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
C
C
If my W would end the A, I've found myself noticing all kinds of thigs now she should hear.

Instead, I say it to everyone else.

Amazing what a well-placed "bomb" will do.

C
C
Originally Posted By: Puppy
He'll be by soon enough, young citizen.

Then I better get back to class.

Don't want to get caught out here in the hall "smoking"

P
P
Originally Posted By: FindingMyVoice

I like "amazing."

"Wow, you look amazing in that."

or

"Man, that looks amazing on you."

smile That would be amazing to hear.

frown

Everyone deserves admiration and validation, FMV. Send your H over here, and me and Coach'll kick the crap outta him. Coach, I'm right behind you!! eek

F
F

Everyone deserves admiration and validation, FMV. Send your H over here, and me and Coach'll kick the crap outta him. Coach, I'm right behind you!! eek

laugh grin smile You guys are the best. But I guess of course if one wants to ever hear they're sexy, or look amazing, they have to start looking the part. Maybe that's the problem. I don't know how to swing that one with my job and lifestyle.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
S
S
Shoes: On my feet all day. Used to wear trainers (tennis shoes) with nice shirt and slacks. Friend got me to change to Merrell leather jungle mocs. Made a tremendous difference in how I look and how I am perceived. If they made the Merrell "Veer" in a width that would fit me, I would wear it in a heartbeat.

Compliments: Agree on complimenting the person not the article. Had to back off on my wife. She thought they sounded "fake" and "needy". I stopped for two weeks. Later, when I told her she looked lovely, she realized how much she missed it. I still compliment her less than before. It's good to have her "want and wait" for it a little.

SpinFree, so many 180s, it created a GAL tornado

Me 42
Her 38
D 8
S 10
S 14

Married 18 years, together 20
B
B
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:
Increased female attraction to men in relationships
A 2009 study by Melissa Burkley and Jessica Parker of Oklahoma State University found that 59% of women stated they were interested in pursuing a relationship when presented with a (unknown to the women) hypothetical "ideal" single man.[10] However, when instead told that the man was already in a romantic relationship, 90% of the women stated they were interested in pursuing a romantic relationship.

Why is that attractive?

I know this was 'asked and answered', but I just read the whole thread today so I missed responding earlier! wink

I look at it a different way. Maybe my perspective is off on what the others surveyed intended.

However, I know for me, I am attracted to a monogamous man. Not that I would ever act on it, of course not! But if we are talking about a 'hypothetical' man, as it said, a man who is in a committed relationship is sexy because it is awesome, as a woman, to see a man who truly loves his wife and isn't afraid to let the world know.

Kind of how people will say men interacting with their little kids are attractive. It isn't that I want THAT particular guy, but seeing him able to get down on the kids' level and interact without worrying if he looks 'cool'/whatever at the moment is appealing.

Go to any local bar and you can hear plenty of guys dissing their wives/gfs. But when I hear a man praising his wife even when she isn't around, my ears perk up. I find that appealing...

Of course, the catch-22 is, the monogamous, committed, affectionate guy is attractive because of his honor and commitment. But then that very commitment makes him unavailable, off-limits. Guess that's where the phrase, "Does he have a brother?" came about! grin

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
F
F
Originally Posted By: SpinFree
Later, when I told her she looked lovely, she realized how much she missed it.

Lovely? You told your wife she looked lovely?. Oh my god that's so sweet... what I wouldn't give to hear something like that from my H. My heart is aching...

Glad to hear you're making a connection, Spin, nice work. Your W is a lucky gal.

G
G
Originally Posted By: FindingMyVoice
Originally Posted By: Coach

"You have great style/taste in shoes."

"I have always admired how you can put a outfit together."

"You sure can make a pair of shoes look sexy."

"Only you could make a black dress look that stunning."

You mean to tell me there's men out there that actually say things like this to their wives?
Yes!
Greek

Me45 H46
T25 M22
S21 & 19
D13
Separated and filed 8/08
Moved home 11/08

Happily ever after is one day at a time.
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard