Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37
S
S
Donna - your ex is just like mine. They don't take any responsibility for their actions - just whine when things don't go their way. Poor Baby! He has no business whining to you about his R with his son. That's for the 2 of them to figure out.

Kat - My ex never told his own grown kids about his wedding. They read a stupid letter to the editor that maggot wrote mentioning it. Ex never wanted anyone to know. Obviously maggot did. My son flipped out on my ex over that. He said they didn't want anyone to ruin their wedding. Ha??? So they have to be so private about it. Like we would actually DO that? These people are all cowards. Goes along with the lying and cheating IMHO. My kids said they would never have gone anyway. They don't support the union. (and seriously - who would?)

Some of our exes are just too much alike. And not in a good way!

Barb

Donna - I hope your doggie is ok!

R
OP Offline
R
S has a phone that he didn't bother to charge all summer (why would he? he was already with his friends!). X harassed him a few times over the summer about not being able to talk to him - no emergency, just that x misses him.
I missed him, too, but also know that he is a teenager.
X's explanation that he should have known as soon as I knew (and that is the real thing here), is that he wouldn't have gone to his brothers to get stone that day, that he should have known his son was in the middle of the sound with 10 foot waves, that he could have tried to get him from the ferry from his way home from work.....

It's all nonsense. I wasn't going to ask him to get S. He just isn't happy with his circumstances, and that is just too bad.

ANYway....doggie is fine. I, however, might have to get the series of rabies shots!! Calls to animal control to get the raccoon tested lead to calls to the health department, who told me to call my Dr., who sent me to the ER - he wanted the shots started right away!! Thankfully the ER dr. called infectious control, who said to wait until the test results come back on the animal. So, no shots unless the tests take longer than the weekend or the animal comes back with a clean bill of health (except, of course, the fact that it is dead).
Ugh - I hate shots.

Did I mention the shots cost about $5000?!!!!

K
K
Ouch!! I hope the test come back as negative for rabies. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
M
$5000?????? Good GOD! Does insurance cover that?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

L
L
Sorry to hear about the raccoon. i hope you won't need the shots. That is terrible.

S
S
Holy cow on the price of them human rabies shots! But there is no alternative for not getting them right away if the coon had rabies.

It seems that rabies in raccoons are only on the eastern seaboard.

If the coon test comes back with no rabies, will you get the coon back so as to make a hat and/or stew?

Recipes here...

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zracoon.html

R
OP Offline
R
OK, it is 2:50 am, and I am sitting on my computer again - so much for going to bed at 10 for a good night's sleep! I woke up at 1, WIDE awake!

I called the animal control officer about seeing if he could get a rush on the test, and he said he already did (it's a little unnerving how careful everyone is being about this!!). My daughter wouldn't share my lemonade today when we went out, and was reluctant to kiss me goodnight - don't know if she is overreacting, or just being smart!

Kerry - I can't pick which recipe:

Bar-B-Q'd Raccoon

BBQ Raccoon Sandwiches

Coon Meal In A Bag (ACK!!)

Coon Stew

Deep Fried Raccoon

Grilled Raccoon

Roast Raccoon In Red Wine

Roast Raccoon with Stuffing

Roasted Raccoon and Yams

um.........NOT!

When I rolled over and found myself so awake, my thoughts started to drift to what would happen to my kids if something were to happen to me....

Anyone else really look at this?

I have life insurance - x and I both carry it, as per the D settlement. It would all go in trust for my kids. My house, too.
But man, there is so much more I have to do in raising them...

They would go to live with x and his gf full-time. They would probably loose touch with my family and friends. Not sure what would happen with their R with their grandparents.
Really a pretty terrible thing to think about. I had visions of writing letters to the kids/making video tapes of any wisdom I hoped to impart, an effort to still be there for them...
Hence, me getting my ass out of bed and coming here to dump and distract.

I did a lot of running around with the kids today. At one store, the gf was coming out as we were going in. Her D said hi to the kids, my D said hi quietly back as we kept walking. My S ignored her. I had no outward reaction, but it is hard, since I've known her kids since they were born and hate to not recognize them when they are with their mother - we just went directly inside. I was a step behind my kids, and hopefully the little one didn't notice me too much. Blech.
Small blemish to an otherwise great day with the kids.

Last edited by Donna...Found; 08/25/10 07:12 AM. Reason: adding raccoon recipies, of course!
L
L
wow. It is scary to think about isn't it? And it's odd, too. The number of Saturday nights I worried about you, and now you are seeing it from a whole different vantage point. You have come a l...o...n...g way, Donna. This isn't going to be the end. I hope the coon isn't rabid, so you don't need the shots. But the worst that will happen is that you will take the shots. And then life will go back to normal. Whatever that is!

R
OP Offline
R
((((lotus))))) I was definitely scary-crazy there for a while! I am SO glad to be back to being myself!

S
S
Donna -

I had similar life insurance thoughts (while still married) when I got a big scratch while crushing the head of a troublesome raccoon with a sledge axe. Rabies is very serious and easily treatable disease. However, if it goes too long and once signs appear, the chances of treating it is not good. Even though I jest about red neck raccoon recipes, please stay on top of things and make sure the test was done with the raccoons brain intact. It is highly improbable that you got rabies from your dog saliva, but please be safe.

Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard