Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
D
D
So true Pin, it takes time for it all to sink in.

C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Let her go, set her free, make it about her, agree with her.

Quote:
On with the story:
King Arthur, while hunting in a forest one day, is accosted by a powerful knight who threatens to kill him. The king dissuades the knight but only by committing himself to a quest. If, within a year’s time, he finds the answer to a particular question, they both part their ways in peace. If he does not, he must surrender himself to the knight for execution.
The question he had to find the answer to was this: What do women most desire? Although the knight obviously knew the answer, he had touched upon a mystery that has plagued men for ages.
In chivalry, a promise is a promise. King Arthur immediately sets out to find the answer to this question, with his nephew, Sir Gawain, helping him. For the rest of the year they went separately around the countryside collecting people’s opinions and writing them down. Most of the answers seemed frivolous. King Arthur feared the worst.
When the year was almost complete, he came across a horrible looking women on the road who recognized him immediately.
“Good King,” she called to him. “My name is Ragnall, and I know the answer that you seek. Grant me what I wish and I will tell it to you.”
At this point, King Arthur welcomed any suggestions, but needed to know what she wanted first, to be sure it was in his power to give.
“Only this,” she told him, “I would marry your good nephew, Sir Gawain.”
King Arthur was taken back by this request. The woman was far uglier than any creature he had ever seen. He would pity any man having to marry her. That the fellow should be his favorite nephew, himself of royal blood, seemed out of the question.
“Good lady,” he said, “how can I make the commitment for someone else? No man can do that.”
“I have heard of Sir Gawain. His love for you is such, he would refuse you nothing. It would not be the first marriage of convenience in the realm. All you need do is ask.”
King Arthur returned to his castle and told Sir Gawain what happened. Without hesitation, nd without being asked, Gawain offered to marry the woman on the king’s behalf.
On the appointed day, King Arthur rode through the forest to where his adversary was waiting. Before arriving, the woman confronted him.
“Well? Has your nephew agreed?”
The king nodded sullenly.
“Now tell me the answer,” he prompted, “what is it that women most desire?”
“The answer us simple,” she said, smiling repulsively. “That you never thought of it shows how blind you are. What women want most is the same as men want, sovereignty over their own lives.”
When the king heard this, he knew that her answer was correct. Women want what all people want, freedom to direct their lives as they choose, without others blocking their course or deciding for them. The concepts of freedom and equality applied to all people, not just men of nobility.
King Arthur gave this answer to his adversary, who was dismayed that he had found it. The two men parted ways in peace.
King Arthur brought Ragnall to his castle and introduced her to Sir Gawain, who greeted her with all courtesy and favor. Word of their upcoming marriage rapidly became the stuff of gossip and scandal at court. Nevertheless, the wedding day finally arrived with much ceremony was in place.
The celebration, although lavishly ornate, was marred by a heaviness of regret. Ragnall seemed pleased despite the snickering. Sir Gawain remained willingly composed in the performance of his duty. The now enlightened King Arthur, watching the nuptials, realized how “arranged marriages” had often joined attractive ladies and damsels to horrible men in much the same way.
That night, the newlyweds retired to Sir Gawain’s lodgings. Dame Ragnall sensed Gawain’s reluctance to join her in bed, and asked him directly if he would treat her as a husband should. He said he would. When he turned toward her, however, the woman who waited for him looked quite different. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
Dame Ragnall explained that a curse had been placed on her years earlier, that replaced her natural beauty with profound ugliness for one half of every day.
Gawain was thrilled by the transformation, but Ragnall quickly him with a difficult choice:
“My lord, it is for you to decide what portion of the day I am beautiful and what portion I am not. During the day, my appearance reflects upon your reputation. At night, upon your privacy and the expression of our love. Which do you choose, my husband? Beauty by day, in public? Or by night?”
Sir Gawain pondered this dilemma. Either way struck him as a blessing and curse. Being the courteous knight that he was, however, he could respond in only one fashion:
“Dear lady, the decision must be yours not mine.”
With that, Ragnall smiled brightly.
“Without knowing it, my husband, you have broken the curse entirely. The conditions were set that I had to marry the most chivalrous knight of the realm, and that he would grant me sovereignty over my own life. This you have done. I shall look as you see me from now on.”
With that, the young couple lived happily together in mutual marital bliss.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
S
S
Quote:

Until, she started complaining he always leaves the toilet seat up, and spends too much time at the Knights of the Round Table, and his job keeps him away too much and he doesn't contribute enough to the family unit, and it seems like his horse means more to him than her .... and the whole fairy tale went to pot.

F
F
Originally Posted By: Coach
Let her go, set her free, make it about her, agree with her.

Quote:
On with the story:
King Arthur, while hunting in a forest one day, is accosted by a powerful knight who threatens to kill him. The king dissuades the knight but only by committing himself to a quest. If, within a year’s time, he finds the answer to a particular question, they both part their ways in peace. If he does not, he must surrender himself to the knight for execution.
The question he had to find the answer to was this: What do women most desire? Although the knight obviously knew the answer, he had touched upon a mystery that has plagued men for ages.
In chivalry, a promise is a promise. King Arthur immediately sets out to find the answer to this question, with his nephew, Sir Gawain, helping him. For the rest of the year they went separately around the countryside collecting people’s opinions and writing them down. Most of the answers seemed frivolous. King Arthur feared the worst.
When the year was almost complete, he came across a horrible looking women on the road who recognized him immediately.
“Good King,” she called to him. “My name is Ragnall, and I know the answer that you seek. Grant me what I wish and I will tell it to you.”
At this point, King Arthur welcomed any suggestions, but needed to know what she wanted first, to be sure it was in his power to give.
“Only this,” she told him, “I would marry your good nephew, Sir Gawain.”
King Arthur was taken back by this request. The woman was far uglier than any creature he had ever seen. He would pity any man having to marry her. That the fellow should be his favorite nephew, himself of royal blood, seemed out of the question.
“Good lady,” he said, “how can I make the commitment for someone else? No man can do that.”
“I have heard of Sir Gawain. His love for you is such, he would refuse you nothing. It would not be the first marriage of convenience in the realm. All you need do is ask.”
King Arthur returned to his castle and told Sir Gawain what happened. Without hesitation, nd without being asked, Gawain offered to marry the woman on the king’s behalf.
On the appointed day, King Arthur rode through the forest to where his adversary was waiting. Before arriving, the woman confronted him.
“Well? Has your nephew agreed?”
The king nodded sullenly.
“Now tell me the answer,” he prompted, “what is it that women most desire?”
“The answer us simple,” she said, smiling repulsively. “That you never thought of it shows how blind you are. What women want most is the same as men want, sovereignty over their own lives.”
When the king heard this, he knew that her answer was correct. Women want what all people want, freedom to direct their lives as they choose, without others blocking their course or deciding for them. The concepts of freedom and equality applied to all people, not just men of nobility.
King Arthur gave this answer to his adversary, who was dismayed that he had found it. The two men parted ways in peace.
King Arthur brought Ragnall to his castle and introduced her to Sir Gawain, who greeted her with all courtesy and favor. Word of their upcoming marriage rapidly became the stuff of gossip and scandal at court. Nevertheless, the wedding day finally arrived with much ceremony was in place.
The celebration, although lavishly ornate, was marred by a heaviness of regret. Ragnall seemed pleased despite the snickering. Sir Gawain remained willingly composed in the performance of his duty. The now enlightened King Arthur, watching the nuptials, realized how “arranged marriages” had often joined attractive ladies and damsels to horrible men in much the same way.
That night, the newlyweds retired to Sir Gawain’s lodgings. Dame Ragnall sensed Gawain’s reluctance to join her in bed, and asked him directly if he would treat her as a husband should. He said he would. When he turned toward her, however, the woman who waited for him looked quite different. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
Dame Ragnall explained that a curse had been placed on her years earlier, that replaced her natural beauty with profound ugliness for one half of every day.
Gawain was thrilled by the transformation, but Ragnall quickly him with a difficult choice:
“My lord, it is for you to decide what portion of the day I am beautiful and what portion I am not. During the day, my appearance reflects upon your reputation. At night, upon your privacy and the expression of our love. Which do you choose, my husband? Beauty by day, in public? Or by night?”
Sir Gawain pondered this dilemma. Either way struck him as a blessing and curse. Being the courteous knight that he was, however, he could respond in only one fashion:
“Dear lady, the decision must be yours not mine.”
With that, Ragnall smiled brightly.
“Without knowing it, my husband, you have broken the curse entirely. The conditions were set that I had to marry the most chivalrous knight of the realm, and that he would grant me sovereignty over my own life. This you have done. I shall look as you see me from now on.”

What a great story!

Last edited by FaithnAK; 08/19/10 06:46 PM.
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen
Quote:

Until, she started complaining he always leaves the toilet seat up, and spends too much time at the Knights of St. Lukes, and his job keeps him away too much and he doesn't contribute enough to the family unit, and it seems like his horse means more to him than her .... and the whole fairy tale went to pot.

"Searching for the Holy Grail my @$$ you are out drinking with that Gallahad and the other boys. You better not be rescuing damsels from dragons while I sit here in this dump which you never help clean. I show you what fire-breathing looks like......"

to be continued............

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Gucci just posted this and it is a pillar of attraction for women:

Quote:
Learn to read what is on the mind of the woman you love. Mindreading only hurts when you don't read it correctly. It HELPS when you know HOW to read their mind. They WANT you to know without having to tell you.

This is probably the second biggest thing behind confidence that woman find attractive.

"Knowing what they want without having to tell you." Woman have emotional intuition that men lack, they share it with their friends all the time. They want their man to "see" into them and know what they want. As much as woman want to be in control of their own lives sometimes they want you to step in and handle things without being asked. That's when they feel things for you (attraction) because they know that they matter to you, you see them, and you are supporting them.

Keys to mind reading-
What does she nag you about?

How does she finish this sentence, "Can't you see that ___________ ?

How does she love on you?

Have you ever heard, "I wish you would just__________________."

Remember questions are statements, "Do you think the bedroom needs a makeover?"

Learn to really listen, learn to be aware, learn to be in tune.

Once you see it you will notice it all around you. It has helped my business, I deal with women clients a lot.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
S
S

Once you see it you will notice it all around you. It has helped my business, I deal with women clients a lot.

Joe Buck?

"Whatever you hear about Midnight Cowboy is true."

C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen

Joe Buck?

"Whatever you hear about Midnight Cowboy is true."

I can't confirm nor deny. cool

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
R
R
Another key to mind-reading is being very aware of tone, body language and facial expressions...

I know when a woman needs a hug...she won't "verbally" ask for it.....but when I offer, she gladly accepts....I can do this without saying a word....

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
this was in the Sunday paper today:

Quote:
Q:I adopted Moo-Moo as a kitten, and we've always been very attached. Now my boyfriend, who really likes cats, has moved in. He has tried really hard to be nice, but still Moo-Moo urinated on his pillow. This morning was the last straw: Moo-Moo wouldn't let him in the bathroom. Would getting another cat help Moo-Moo over his jealousy?

C.H.

A: I'm sorry Moo-Moo is having a cow over your boyfriend. Moo-Moo has enjoyed a lifetime of having you all to himself. More than anything else, cats detest change, and this is a biggie.

In being solicitous of Moo-Moo, your boyfriend may be offending your unsure cat.Instead, he should ignore Moo-Moo, letting the cat make friendly gestures if he is so inclined.

It wouldn't hurt if your boyfriend took charge of feeding Moo-Moo, particularly if special treats are involved. But don't overdo it: You don't want your cat to overeat. Your boyfriend also could try engaging Moo-Moo with a fishing-pole-type toy with feathers.

Be a cat whisperer. Don't chase a bad cat, cat's do respond to "mystery fruitcake" because they are territorial and love to hunt.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard