OP Offline
C
Quote:
Coach John Wooden's dad taught him to:

Never whine,

Never complain

Never make excuses

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
E
E
Hey to Coach & many others
You guys offer great advice and seem to make us laugh even through the crap were all going through!! Whish could buy a round of drinks. Well off to class
Later.

C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Great movie on last night, The Quiet Man, John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Really showed some great DB principles, dealing with CB, and being attractive. How agreeing with your woman is attractive and then doing something about it.

"Impetous."

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

7. Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance 5
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade, 10
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate: 15
I am the captain of my soul.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
"ILYBINILWY"

"I don't feel the way I am supposed to about you."

"Maybe you should start dating?"

"Why do you even like me?"

"I feel like you are my brother not my husband."

"You are a nice guy and everything but......"

The WAS is going out without you all dressed up, listening to new music, texting away, on FB, has inside jokes with her friends .................

What does it mean?

She's not attracted to you anymore.

Your wife not only wants a provider (steady, dependable man) but a man who is exciting (confident).

Use FB to your advantage, post what you are doing and with who. Put pictures of you up out having fun. Add lots of new friends. Comment to people she doesn't know (your new friends). Make yourself exciting because you are busy, in demand and fun to be with. Leverage up your GAL activities.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
P
P
My wife is always asking who the women are on my FB page. How I know them, etc. Coach speaks wisely...

D
D
what about the line "you'll never change"?

D
D
Have you ever heard about people conecting with a challenge? My W has tried to change me into her perfect ",mate" for 7 years. For the most part I am still who I am, can people change their habits? yes. Can people change how they handle situations? yes. But again we are who we are, did you change to be someone else than what first attracted you to your spouse? I believe that is what the point of all this is. To find yourself again, be confident like when you were dating. When the W and I first started dating, I was full of myself, not cocky or arrogant, just self confident beyond belief. That is my goal to get to that point again, not for the W but for me.

D
D
i should have said that "people don't change" should be added to coach's list of lines to indicate she's no longer attracted.

i agree that we can't become someone we are not. but we can go back to who we were when we first started dating our spouses. i'm working on that too.

on the outside, i feel attractive today.
on the inside, i feel pretty lousy. i'm sure it radiates outward. i hope it's short lived.

you could have the perfect hair, make up, and clothes.
but you have to feel good from the inside.

P
P
Originally Posted By: dsh4320
Have you ever heard about people conecting with a challenge? My W has tried to change me into her perfect ",mate" for 7 years. For the most part I am still who I am, can people change their habits? yes. Can people change how they handle situations? yes. But again we are who we are, did you change to be someone else than what first attracted you to your spouse? I believe that is what the point of all this is. To find yourself again, be confident like when you were dating. When the W and I first started dating, I was full of myself, not cocky or arrogant, just self confident beyond belief. That is my goal to get to that point again, not for the W but for me.

That is what they want to see in us again. Robx had a great post in my original thread:

What kind of man are you?
Over the years have your attractive masculine qualities washed away to leave behind a tired older man who is just a parent and not really an attractive mate for your wife?

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard