Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
D
D
Quote:
yes, it is. I know she can sense a lot of my 'fears'. This has just hit me to the core, never expected it.

so you got hit hard. you dropped to the ground. what do you do now?
you have two choices: you either lay on the ground and say oh poor me. or you get up and dust yourself off as quickly as you can and keep going.

hint: the longer you stay lying on the ground, the more unattractive you look and ruins all the work you did on your appearance.

ok, so what is your plan on becoming fearless?

overcoming your fears will catapult you ahead of your WAS on the detachment curve.

L
L
Originally Posted By: DumpedforMIL
Quote:
yes, it is. I know she can sense a lot of my 'fears'. This has just hit me to the core, never expected it.

ok, so what is your plan on becoming fearless?

Thats a great question, I don't know. How do I become fearless? Im the type of person thats afraid of roller coasters, afraid of heights, used to be scared to death to fly, but Ive done so much the last 7 years I've gotten over that (flying).

I know this has been talked about before, getting rid of the 'fear'. Now I need to figure out I can get past that. Im no poster child when it comes to DBing, but Ive certainly worked on it, but never really thought about how to lose that fear I have .....

In fact, now that I think about this, Ive let 'fear' run my life for almost all my life. The more I think about, a lot of my reactions to things, and I mean just in general, daily life I have done out of fear ....

Last edited by lostnhurt; 08/16/10 08:32 PM.

Me 44
H 39
Met in 1998
Married in 2004
D 5, twins
Bomb - May 16th, 2010

"Don't let Tomorrow or Yesterday get in the way of Today"
D
D
lostnhurt, i realize that we may be hijacking this great thread. post your plans on becoming fearless on your thread and we will pick up from there.

to get back on topic ..

i think coach summarized the basics of what makes a man attractive.

strip away all that unrealistic bs of "tall, dark, and handsome". when you get down to it, confidence (not cocky), integrity, honesty, a sense of humor, and the ability to lead .. will win a woman's heart any day.

it is what's on the inside that counts.

L
L
Sorry coach, didn't mean to hijack.

Me 44
H 39
Met in 1998
Married in 2004
D 5, twins
Bomb - May 16th, 2010

"Don't let Tomorrow or Yesterday get in the way of Today"
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Increased female attraction to men in relationships
A 2009 study by Melissa Burkley and Jessica Parker of Oklahoma State University found that 59% of women stated they were interested in pursuing a relationship when presented with a (unknown to the women) hypothetical "ideal" single man.[10] However, when instead told that the man was already in a romantic relationship, 90% of the women stated they were interested in pursuing a romantic relationship.

Why is that attractive?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
P
P
It's either the forbidden fruit theory, or the idea that if someone else finds the man attractive, he must be attractive.

T
T
Quote:
Why is that attractive?

Two reasons: Kitty Kats Kompete, and he's not totally available.

Now here's the thing: that unavailable thing will get you dates but... when it is real, turn women into desperate, needy charicatures of themselves that either drive you away, or they have to run away to save themselves, so where's the balance?

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
D
D
i would be part of the 10% who isn't interested if he's in a relationship. i have no interests in being the "OW" in someone else's relationship. smile

my guess is that women want to know that they have the ability to lure a man away from another woman. if he's not attached, then that'd be too easy.

P
P
Attraction doesn't necessarily correlate with action.

D
D
Quote:
However, when instead told that the man was already in a romantic relationship, 90% of the women stated they were interested in pursuing a romantic relationship.

pursuing to me .. means action.

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard